The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
77 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »    Reply to this topic

Applications - Autumn 2018

Merit Ratings and Status Update

dirtyshoes2007
post 7.Feb.2018, 04:27 AM
Post #121

QUOTE (KingZi @ 6.Feb.2018, 08:48 PM) *
Hello Everyone!I have just received an update on my admissions page.Choices 1 and 3 were qualified, but now choice #3 has turned to "In Progress".This is normal ... (show full quote)

Yeah, that's normal. It'll go back to 'qualified' after a few days, but you might get a better merit rating.

Which university is your #3 choice, if you don't mind me asking?
Go to the top of the page
+
KingZi
post 7.Feb.2018, 07:05 AM
Post #122

QUOTE (dirtyshoes2007 @ 7.Feb.2018, 06:27 AM) *
Yeah, that's normal. It'll go back to 'qualified' after a few days, but you might get a better merit rating. . Which university is your #3 choice, if you don't mind me asking?

Hey Buddy, you were spot on!

It went back to qualified but no the Merit Rating is still the same as it was before.

Stockholm University - Master's Program in Marketing

Can it be any more stressful? I really don't want to find out!

Best regards,

Zi
+
AHamurari
post 7.Feb.2018, 05:41 PM
Post #123

Hi everyone!

I'm Anastasia and I applied for 4 programs in different universities.
It seems like I have every single document required, yet I just received "Unqualified" for my 4th choice. The reason is absolutely ridiculous - "You are missing the following specific requirements: English language requirements..". I have my TOEFL results uploaded and they correspond to all the requirements.

I have got previosuly a message from university admissions that the TOEFL result slip must be available for them and I need to send ETS a message with their institution number, which I did several times. I am not sure what I am supposed to do now, since I am a scholarship applicant and cannot have late applications whatsoever.

Has anyone stumbled across this type of situation or it's just me?
+
bat
post 7.Feb.2018, 06:24 PM
Post #124

QUOTE (AHamurari @ 7.Feb.2018, 08:41 AM) *
Hi everyone!I'm Anastasia and I applied for 4 programs in different universities.It seems like I have every single document required, yet I just received "Unquali ... (show full quote)

I would recommend getting in touch with University Admissions via e-mail or preferably via phone. If I recall correctly they are open 9-16 CET.
+
BeaverCanoe
post 7.Feb.2018, 06:40 PM
Post #125

I've noticed that many programs seem to accept more fee-exempt students (EU) than fee-paying (non-EU) students. Does anyone know whether this is because more fee-exempt students are applying or is preference is given to fee-exempt students over fee-paying students?
+
dirtyshoes2007
post 7.Feb.2018, 06:56 PM
Post #126

QUOTE (AHamurari @ 7.Feb.2018, 05:41 PM) *
Hi everyone!I'm Anastasia and I applied for 4 programs in different universities.It seems like I have every single document required, yet I just received "Unquali ... (show full quote)

Um, did you mention the names of the universities you wish to send your scores to in your ETS account? As far as I know you can choose up to four for free prior to the day of your TOEFL test and if it's after, you need to pay a small fee for every university you wish to send your scores to.

But yeah, for TOEFL, just uploading the score report isn't enough. The universities that accept TOEFL scores need the score reports directly from ETS (it's the same for GRE too, which is also conducted by ETS).
+
dirtyshoes2007
post 7.Feb.2018, 07:06 PM
Post #127

QUOTE (bat @ 16.Jan.2018, 07:52 PM) *
In Sweden, if you have a valid application (you meet all of the requirements and have all of your documents) you will never get rejected, but instead placed on a waitlist if y ... (show full quote)

@bat

I actually sent you a PM about this but I guess you didn't see it...
Might as well post my query here.

Is there any source for this? That if you're qualified, you'll either be placed on a waiting list or get admitted, but never rejected?

I've gone though the admissions statistics in UHR's website and many of the programs didn't have any candidates in the waiting list, despite having 400+ total applicants and 100+ first-hand ones. With about 40-50 intakes it's hard to believe the rest were just unqualified.
+
bat
post 7.Feb.2018, 10:27 PM
Post #128

QUOTE (dirtyshoes2007 @ 7.Feb.2018, 10:06 AM) *
@batI actually sent you a PM about this but I guess you didn't see it...Might as well post my query here. Is there any source for this? That if you're qualified, you&# ... (show full quote)

Oh sorry. I am new on this forum so I am not sure how the PM system works.

https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/All-...ection-results/
+
dirtyshoes2007
post 8.Feb.2018, 04:29 PM
Post #129

QUOTE (bat @ 7.Feb.2018, 10:27 PM) *
Oh sorry. I am new on this forum so I am not sure how the PM system works.. https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/All-...ection-results/

Oh, the University Admissions' own FAQ. Should have searched there.
Thanks. That helps smile.gif
+
AHamurari
post 9.Feb.2018, 07:19 PM
Post #130

QUOTE (dirtyshoes2007 @ 7.Feb.2018, 07:56 PM) *
Um, did you mention the names of the universities you wish to send your scores to in your ETS account? As far as I know you can choose up to four for free prior to the day of ... (show full quote)

No, I didn't mention the bames of the unviersities since I didn't know back then for which ones I'm going to apply for sure. I had no idea that it is a mandatory thing to do, neither it is mentioned on their website.
+
dirtyshoes2007
post 9.Feb.2018, 07:49 PM
Post #131

QUOTE (AHamurari @ 9.Feb.2018, 08:19 PM) *
No, I didn't mention the bames of the unviersities since I didn't know back then for which ones I'm going to apply for sure. I had no idea that it is a mandatory t ... (show full quote)

Don't know the universities you've applied to but here's what the University Admissions' English requirements page says:

https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/All-...d-English-test/

Please note: TOEFL Examinee Score Records are not accepted.
Submitting your TOEFL test results
Please follow these steps to verify your TOEFL results:
Notify Educational Testing Service that you wish to make your scores available to University Admissions in Sweden. Our institution code is "Sweden 3477". You can choose any school type and department for University Admissions.
Submit a copy of your test taker score to University Admissions, either by uploading a scan of the original document or through regular mail

Please do get in touch with UA asap.
+
KingZi
post 10.Feb.2018, 02:30 AM
Post #132

QUOTE (AHamurari @ 9.Feb.2018, 09:19 PM) *
No, I didn't mention the bames of the unviersities since I didn't know back then for which ones I'm going to apply for sure. I had no idea that it is a mandatory t ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (dirtyshoes2007 @ 9.Feb.2018, 09:49 PM) *
Don't know the universities you've applied to but here's what the University Admissions' English requirements page says: https://www.universityadmissions.se/en ... (show full quote)

Hey Hey!

What he's trying to tell you is the instructions on how to share the grades are clearly stated on the website. You do not send to the university directly, all you had to do is send it to Sweden 3477 and that gets the grades to university admissions which in turn it shares it with the University.

What you can do now is share it with Sweden 3477 or/and directly with the university.

Cheers and Good luck! I hope it works out for your buddy!

Best regards,

Zi
+
biswajit
post 10.Feb.2018, 08:52 AM
Post #133

Hi all,

Is there a forum regarding discussion for Master 2018 applicants ???
+
KingZi
post 10.Feb.2018, 09:27 AM
Post #134

QUOTE (biswajit @ 10.Feb.2018, 10:52 AM) *
Hi all,. Is there a forum regarding discussion for Master 2018 applicants ???

Hey, I am a Master’s applicant. This forum was created for that purpose as well. You have any questions, please do share it on this forum smile.gif.

Regards,

Zi
+
StuntUya
post 10.Feb.2018, 10:37 AM
Post #135

Just got qualified into Jönköping University's Digital Business program, selection group BINT, with no merit rating...
+

77 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: