The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Residence permit extension for child

How to apply online

lzdnugget
post 11.Mar.2019, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Hi there,

Here is my situation and I hope someone had same or similar experience to share.
I am on work permit here in Sweden together with my wife and my son. On our previous work permit extension me and my wife got a 2 year extension valid until September 2019 but my son (back then when we applied for the extension he was 3 years old) got extension on his residence permit until April 2019 because his passport was valid until then.
Given this, we will need to apply for extension of my son's permit before it expires and before mine and my wife permit expires, which means there should be application submitted just for him.

I wrote to MV asking for more info about the process of extension for my son (since before, we all applied together through my work permit application and now that is not the case) and in the first answer they told me that I can either apply online or I can do it with paper by filling the form 163011. They also referred to this page on MV website:

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...-in-Sweden.html

The thing is I want to submit the application online. I followed what was written on the above page and got stuck a little bit. The whole info given there applies to children that are trying to apply for residence permit for the first time and not an extension.

Then I followed the "Begin application" link and first thing was I was not sure was, if I need to login or I need to create an account for my son, login with that one and submit application on his behalf.
I tried to login as my self but given the questions there it looked like I am doing the wrong thing. Also what I've noticed is that they ask me to choose an embassy closest to the country the applicant resides (my son is in Sweden) etc.

I was not sure that I was doing the right thing so I wrote again to MV with specific questions and on that I got a weird answer after 3 days which says the following:

If you have a residence permit and want to continue living in Sweden after your permit has expired, you need to apply for an extension of your residence permit. If you have had a residence permit for 6 months or more and apply before your current permit expires. Apply at the earliest 30 days before your current permit expires.
See the right link below
https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...g-a-permit.html

Well, I already knew that I need to make extension and that was obvious from my questions that I've sent. This answer is obviously not related to what I asked them since it clearly says on the page that In order to apply online you and the person moving to Sweden must be older than 18 and my son is not.

So before I go directly to MV office and try to get the answer there I am wondering if someone had similar situation like mine to need to apply for extension for his/her child only. If yes, how did you do it? Please note that as I have seen and read on MV site this is different from applying for a newborn child born in Sweden.
Go to the top of the page
+
goldfish
post 11.Mar.2019, 09:02 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (lzdnugget @ 11.Mar.2019, 05:54 PM) *
Hi there,Here is my situation and I hope someone had same or similar experience to share.I am on work permit here in Sweden together with my wife and my son. On our previous w ... (show full quote)

I had the same experience (but on student visa) for my child when she received permit until the validity of her passport! Unfortunately you can not apply online, instead you should fill out the form 133011 and include "All" the documents that have been mentioned at the end of the form, I also suggest you to include a copy of your contract! Then send them all by post to " Migrationsverket, Box 3100, 903 03 Umeå "

If you do not pay the fee, after 3-7 working days they will call you (Not e-mail) and ask you to pay the fee in one week! I myself did not pay the fee because I wanted to be sure if they have received the application or not!

In our case it took around 4 months for desicion taking (I contacted them several times to see what is going on!)
Good luck!
+
lzdnugget
post 11.Mar.2019, 09:37 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (goldfish @ 11.Mar.2019, 10:02 PM) *
I had the same experience (but on student visa) for my child when she received permit until the validity of her passport! Unfortunately you can not apply online, instead y ... (show full quote)

Hey goldfish, thanks for the sharing the info.

By the way, what do you mean by `include a copy of your contract`, do you refer to an employment contract, contract for apartment rental or something else? Also, did you received any proof that you have submitted the application, something like the control numbers we get when we apply online?

Thanks again!
+
goldfish
post 11.Mar.2019, 10:09 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (lzdnugget @ 11.Mar.2019, 09:37 PM) *
Hey goldfish, thanks for the sharing the info.By the way, what do you mean by `include a copy of your contract`, do you refer to an employment contract, contract for a ... (show full quote)

for sure your employment contract!
As I mentioned it before, pay the fee after they asked you, because it verifies that they have recieved the application!

I did not remember corectelly, but I think aftre I paied the fee I could check it online by my BankID! you already have Beteckning number which is the same since your first application!
+
lzdnugget
post 11.Mar.2019, 10:18 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (goldfish @ 11.Mar.2019, 11:09 PM) *
for sure your employment contract!As I mentioned it before, pay the fee after they asked you, because it verifies that they have recieved the application! I did not re ... (show full quote)

You are right about the Beteckning number.

The only thing that I will try to double check is the actual form since on the email they sent me they (MV) said to use the form 163011 and you have mentioned 133011.
I did checked both forms and the 163011 is only for children below 18 and the form 133011 is for any family member.
I'll try to confirm which one should I use before sending in the application.

Do you happen to know if it is possible to bring the application with the needed documents directly to MV office instead of sending them to their address?

Thanks!
+
goldfish
post 11.Mar.2019, 10:40 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (lzdnugget @ 11.Mar.2019, 10:18 PM) *
You are right about the Beteckning number.The only thing that I will try to double check is the actual form since on the email they sent me they (MV) said to use the form 1630 ... (show full quote)

it seems to me form 163011 is more apporpriet however I think it is better to double check with them!you should send it by post because they do not accept appliction in this way even if you live in Umeå!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: