The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Looking at moving to Göteborg

A few questions and a bit about myself ^^

mjennin2
post 24.Jul.2015, 12:48 AM
Post #16

Ethan: Whether anyone else wants to dignify you with a response at this point or not, the fact is that the information you're looking for is so laughably easy to access online. You make yourself look a lazy fool for whining at people who criticize your questionable plan, and offer you resources to boot.

I've been up to my eyes translating Swedish statutes of law this past month and even THOSE were easy to find after googling, and contacting my home country's embassy.

If you're worried about how you are or aren't going to support yourself in the country, or are worried about how long it will take to get a PN, or whatever other special (read: BASIC) questions you have, just GOOGLE your questions. Or scan the Swedish Embassy in the UK's website. Or go on skatteverket.se -- all things your "bro" could have advised you on.

Otherwise, use your big bucks to hire a hand holder. Stop being soft if you want to pick up and move your whole life to a foreign country.
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 24.Jul.2015, 01:25 AM
Post #17

Here's my advice: you never know until you try. You're 22, what's the worse that can happen? You lose money? Then move back to the UK and make it back.
+
Ejc93
post 24.Jul.2015, 07:12 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (mjennin2 @ 24.Jul.2015, 12:48 AM) *
Ethan: Whether anyone else wants to dignify you with a response at this point or not, the fact is that the information you're looking for is so laughably easy to access o ... (show full quote)

There's questioning my plan by picking out the rhetoric I use (because what I call my brother really explains my ability to cope living abroad) and giving me "advice" or "criticism" whichever way you want to put it, on what I do outside my job and what will indeed overtake my job one day... And then there's actually questioning my plan.

Because this is making me look the lazy fool yes, but I'm done explaining myself to some random aggressive moron over the internet.

It actually says nothing about me, and a lot about you big man.
+
Ejc93
post 24.Jul.2015, 07:13 AM
Post #19

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 24.Jul.2015, 01:25 AM) *
Here's my advice: you never know until you try. You're 22, what's the worse that can happen? You lose money? Then move back to the UK and make it back.

Cavalier!
+
intrepidfox
post 24.Jul.2015, 05:52 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Ejc93 @ 23.Jul.2015, 02:34 PM) *
Hi guys,So about me, I'm a 22 year old Brit building my investment portfolio as a day trader whilst working a dayjob and living at home to keep current outgoings to a mini ... (show full quote)

Hi Ethan. A good post.
You definately got 2 twats answering you straight away,. They keep whinging about their permits all the time. They probably moan so much that Sweden doesn't want them, thus the delay.

G
+
LLHope
post 24.Jul.2015, 07:44 PM
Post #21

Apparently you can't put yourself on the housing list until you obtain your PN?
Yes you can, though you probably cannot get any first hand rental contracts without a personal number because they normally only allow signatories who are in the population register.

I've read/heard mixed opinions about this; the willingness to"work hard" doesn't quite cut it especially if you're not fluent in Swedish right?
That is the least of your problems ... according to your post you are 22yrs. And so far in your career you have been manufacturing engineer, worked on the railway for some time, have a lot of experience in blue collar/office/retail work ...kind of makes one wonder why you move so much between jobs, you didn't go to Uni for a degree which eliminates a large portion of job openings. If you left school at 16 and started working then you have been through quite varied roles, and can certainly discount the phrase "a lot of experience in", if you stayed at school until 18, then your CV and number of jobs will be viewed with even more cynicism... If you were an employer taking the cost to advertise, interview, and employ a new recruit that you expect to stay for a reasonable time (unless time limited contract), would you choose yourself based upon your cv?

Just out of interest though, if you have funds by next summer that will allow you to live the lifestyle with no 9-5, then why the need of a personal number, why not just wait until next summer whilst concentrating on your trading rather than stressing about moving? biggrin.gif
+
Hisingen
post 25.Jul.2015, 12:25 PM
Post #22

As an old hand in life, reading the posts from this young whippersnapper sure makes me laugh.
Done everything, been everywhere, made piles of money (you also get piles from money), and is still wet behind the ears at 22.
Couple that to the fact that he believes he can make it here in Sweden after a month
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: