The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Fake policeman stops Stockholm driver

*Move*
post 4.Aug.2006, 02:31 PM
Post #1

"Maybe it was someone who dreamed of becoming a policeman, but never did, and wanted to know what it felt like to stop someone," said Nacka police commander Christer Angeria.

what a romantic story... laugh.gif laugh.gif
Lets hope we doesnt start arresting people...
Go to the top of the page
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 4.Aug.2006, 02:34 PM
Post #2

Police say they have the man's car registration number, and hope to be able to track him down. The crime of impersonating a public official can lead to a six month prison sentence.
They have the registration number...

So they KNOW who the man is...

They must be waiting until he pulls someone over and does something "naughty"

Useless...totally useless...
+
*Move*
post 4.Aug.2006, 02:45 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (.jason - "he .say .you .braderunner")
Police say they have the man's car registration number, and hope to be able to track him down. The crime of impersonating a public official can lead to a six month prison sentence.
They have the registration number...

So they KNOW who the man is...

They must be waiting until he pulls someone over and does something "naughty"

Useless...totally useless...

maybe is a police car registration number... laugh.gif laugh.gif doing some extra time
+
Puffin
post 4.Aug.2006, 02:47 PM
Post #4

Perhaps the woman is really under sureveillance by SÄPO
+
Yendor
post 4.Aug.2006, 04:16 PM
Post #5

When this "fake policeman" would stop cars he would tell the driver what he or she did wrong and tell them he was going to "write them a ticket" and how much the ticket would cost. But he would tell the driver that if they would "pay cash on the spot" then he would reduce the ticket 50% ! Then this fake policeman would just "pocket" the cash. An old trick!
+
High Priestess Kang - Slu...
post 4.Aug.2006, 04:24 PM
Post #6

At the risk of being a downer, I was pulled over by a fake police officer a few years ago. He was driving the standard, unmarked police car in my state and tried accusing me of speeding. He never flashed his badge, claimed he was off duty and did not ask for my license or registration.

I have been tagged for speeding in the past (and will be in the future, I am sure). Something felt entirely "wrong" about this instance.

There are a good amount of nutters in this world who will stop at nothing to scare the bejeebus out of a person. Or worse...attempt to gain entry into a vehicle for purposes which could only be criminal in nature.

Luckily for me, this happened on a very busy road during the morning rush hour. Luckily for me, no harm was inflicted. I have heard enough horror stories about women being pulled over by "faux" police to know what could have happened.

I never had the chance to get the plate number on his car so I couldn't report it to the real police. I did, however, drive exceedingly fast to my office once he "let me go."
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: