The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

marriage license and marriage certificate

getting married in Sweden

post 13.Feb.2014, 12:17 PM
Post #1
Joined: 9.Feb.2014

I am holding a non-EU passport and want to get married with my Swedish fiance in Sweden. How long does it take to get a marriage license from the tax office? Also, after the wedding, how long does it take until we can get the marriage certificate? Thank you!
Go to the top of the page
Anna Banana
post 11.Jul.2016, 09:36 AM
Post #2
Joined: 16.Jun.2016


I need someone's advice please.

I have received a work permit recently and my husband has received his dependent residence permit too.

Can he find a job in Sweden just based on that card? Or when he finds a job, does he have to apply for his own work permit?

We are from a non-EU country.

Thanks a lot

Go to the top of the page
yet another brit
post 11.Jul.2016, 02:43 PM
Post #3
Joined: 5.Jan.2013

says... "If the permit is for more than six months, you can also get a work permit."

So if you are staying more than six months, it looks as if your husband can look for a job. I don't know if he can apply for a work permit before he is offered a job, though.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: