The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >   Reply to this topic

An open letter to Miss Kitten

And any other Mods.

*Guest*
post 11.Apr.2012, 12:35 PM
Post #61

So MK steps down as moderator, and we get the expected obfuscation from Jamtjim that he didn't intend it, and actually that not what's happened as she is still going to post when she has the inclination. blink.gif

The guy can think up anything to explain away what he causes, claims, and lies about.
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 11.Apr.2012, 01:12 PM
Post #62

QUOTE (Miss Kitten @ 11.Apr.2012, 10:36 AM) *
In fact, I've been thinking that since I simply do not have the inclination to check every single post in every single tread in this forum every single day, that it might ... (show full quote)

perhaps some form of self moderating, where it is up to other users to alert the moderator/s or site administrators to remove spam, or other inappropriate stuff. Using the report button that already exists.
+
Jamtjim
post 11.Apr.2012, 01:42 PM
Post #63

So MK steps down as moderator, and we get the expected obfuscation from Jamtjim that he didn't intend it, and actually that not what's happened as she is still going to post when she has the inclination.

No obfuscation Trow. It is apparent to all what happened as most people can read for themselves and few if any would take the word form someone as provably discredited as yourself. I made my point regarding what I felt was wrong and as I hoped MK took my comments in the way they were intended.

It was you who made the ultimately ignored suggestion that one of us had to leave and no one else's try as you might to rewrite history (not like you have ever done that before). It is you who repeatedly makes fraudulent claims, throws insults at other posters who do not share your crackpot views on the world whilst defrauding others financially, and does everything he can to spread malcontent and misinformation on this forum not I. It is also you that ran bleating like a sheep to the moderators when you failed to match your bravado with substance and started to get your arse kicked and your credibility destroyed.

To sum up Trow, you remain the forum clown, the one nobody takes seriously. The weirdo in the corner who nobody respects or trusts but yet pretends he has something important to say. Bad luck Trow, unless your aims have been to look like a crackpot, you have totally failed in them! Now go on and crawl back under the bridge you come from as you are clearly unable to deal with even the smallest billy goat gruff let alone one who can think for themselves!

Alternatively you can return for yet another Jamtjim (and others) administered spanking... whatever floats your boat...
+
mångk
post 11.Apr.2012, 04:05 PM
Post #64

QUOTE (Miss Kitten @ 11.Apr.2012, 12:36 PM) *
Aw, shucks you guys. It's nice to be appreciated. And abused (at the same time no less!). I'm gratified to know that you all care. And yes, this really is more or ... (show full quote)

Thank you for the explanation! smile.gif

I hope that you do not step down as a moderator. I hope that there would be at least a couple of others willing to join you if there was some type of consensus amongst other posters.

Attached Image tongue.gif
+
*Guest*
post 11.Apr.2012, 04:27 PM
Post #65

Okay, Gamla and Fishtank, you are hereby directed to volunteer, or I and Jamjim shall.

Are you just more monkeys like the rest of us or really sane posters?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 11.Apr.2012, 04:30 PM
Post #66

Again...I repeat...we don't need moderators!

What if you get one that doesn't like you?...Then what?????

Be careful of that you wish/ask for!

We did all right before them...we will survive without them!

If you have to...use the report button and be done with it!

I do not need to be judged/punished for what I say...an answer/rebuttal is all that is needed here... angry.gif
+
*Guest*
post 11.Apr.2012, 04:37 PM
Post #67

Everybody likes Fishtank, so you're it, Fishy?

If not, MK is gone, as she indicated
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 11.Apr.2012, 04:40 PM
Post #68

Hey Trow!

I do admit to possessing simian characteristics...but as is quite well known here...only the finest:huh:

Never volunteer...you and he will have the honor of deleting each others words of knowledge thereby denying us those wonderful exchanges of camaraderie and good fellowship that you both so elegantly espouse. cool.gif laugh.gif
+
*Guest*
post 11.Apr.2012, 04:51 PM
Post #69

It's just a ploy by Gamla to get you, Fishy, not to volunteer.

Don't be taken in by his threat of doomsday.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 11.Apr.2012, 05:04 PM
Post #70

If nominated...I will not run!

If elected...I will not serve!

Mob rule and vigilantism forever!

Power to the Posters!!!!!!!!! rolleyes.gif
+
Mzungu
post 11.Apr.2012, 06:53 PM
Post #71

Reinstate Holey...

*the perfect role model moderator* :evil:
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 11.Apr.2012, 09:17 PM
Post #72

laugh.gif
ohmy.gif
+
Miss Kitten
post 11.Apr.2012, 10:01 PM
Post #73

Well, clearly most forumites want the forum to be moderated, yet no one is willing to help do it. If I do end up stepping down because I don't have the time to moderate the forum properly, then we'll be back to the anarchy of the pre-moderator days. I'm just not sure if that would be better or not, Gamla.

I will try to be a better moderator, the best that I can be. I know you're worried about power-hungry mods who delete threads and treat members badly because they don't like them, but honestly I don't dislike anyone here.

I'll try to be as objective as I can, but occasionally I will screw up. If none of you wants to be a moderator, then perhaps you'd consider being part of a pre-moderation committee, where we discuss certain posts and threads and whether they should be moderated. That way you could be involved in the process without actually having to wield the banhammer.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 12.Apr.2012, 12:00 AM
Post #74

Miss Kitten,

In your effort to make this a civilized place you have deleted a whole thread in which nothing was said that broke the rules of The Local...you also took the opportunity to call posters children/childish...can't quote, the thread is gone.

Two posters were having a "go" which can a times be entertaining to us voyeurs...so to speak. laugh.gif

This is common behaviour in most of the threads where these posters meet, one of your reasons was that their conversation was not in keeping with the original post..."hijacking" threads is the norm here.

Here's what I am getting at...you simply got tired of their conversation and using your power as a moderator you took the thread away from everybody!!!

You are not bad...you're human!...this is the danger of moderation, it gets interpreted into what the moderator thinks is correct...what happens if a moderator is in a "politically correct" mood or in a Swede bashing snit? Or any other scenario that will rule out the specific rules set down by The Local

At this point you should shut down any thread that has two posters having a hijacked "go" because, you now have set a precedent!

Again not your fault but a pitfall of having to judge the value of what people say and apply set rules to it...err, ahh, sometimes the rules get bent...right?

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions...this is the danger of moderation intended to change something into what someone thinks is correct.

This is not meant to be a "meanie" judgement of you...I would make the same mistakes too, as would anybody else...that's why I strongly oppose moderation.

Again...Power to the Posters!!! cool.gif laugh.gif

GH
+
Johno
post 12.Apr.2012, 04:20 AM
Post #75

I nailed my colours to the mast at the start. I want a civilised forum. You like it being the Wild West. Serious "hijacking" of threads ought not to be the norm here. Posters should have the manners to start new threads. But note many posting on this thread now are of the "willy waving" ilk and there is a more silent group. That thread got out of hand. It was correct to stop it (and delete it).
+

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: