The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Cambridge University Degree

Move to Sweden

Swegeddon
post 21.Nov.2019, 11:36 PM
Post #1

Hello
I have an offer for a postgraduate MPhil degree at Cambridge University, UK.
I want to know if Swedes know about Cambridge University and if a postgraduate degree from there will help me move and find a job in Sweden?
And is the degree worth the money because of the reputation of the university?
Thank you...
Go to the top of the page
+
Essingen55
post 23.Nov.2019, 09:04 PM
Post #2

According to the Cambridge University website...

"The MPhil in Philosophy is a full-time course, introducing students to the skills needed in philosophical research. Students work with supervisors to write two research essays: the first of up to 4,000 words, and the second of up to 8,000 words; and a thesis of up to 12,000 words. Students also take part as a group in a collaborative weekly seminar, run during Michaelmas and Lent Terms, in which they learn presentation and discussion skills by presenting their own research and by discussing presentations by other students."

In my humble opinion, having lived and worked in Sweden for 30 years, if it were to have any impact at all on your ability to get a job, it would be very very small. You would be better finding a Swedish language course.
+
Anders
post 24.Nov.2019, 12:14 PM
Post #3

Swedes know about Cambridge itself but less about what to expect from a postgraduate from there.

With a postgraduate you would be considered both overqualified and "wrong type of person" for many positions. An article about engineering jobs says it will take 15 years working experience to get ahead of the non-posts. The experience that the graduate gain while you are doing your post degree will pay more.

+
Svedallas
post 25.Nov.2019, 07:06 PM
Post #4

Any post from Swegeddon or whatever this idiot is called is a troll post.

Look at this idiots previous posts.

Waste of time.

Thread closed.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: