The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Price of the Pill in Stockholm?

Is it Expensive?

HearMeRoar
post 20.Nov.2017, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Hi all,

I got a prescription from a nurse for my pill. She told me it would be for a year and would cost 100 SEK (I may have heard the number wrong).

I just went into the pharmacy and I was given three months worth and it cost me 227 SEK, is this normal?

I am used to paying £8 a month in England so no bother but I thought my nurse said it would be cheaper...and shouldn't I have been given the whole years worth?

What are all your experiences with this?
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 20.Nov.2017, 04:36 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (HearMeRoar @ 20.Nov.2017, 02:51 PM) *
Hi all,I got a prescription from a nurse for my pill. She told me it would be for a year and would cost 100 SEK (I may have heard the number wrong).I just went into the pharm ... (show full quote)

It depends on the medicine. Also you are only given 3 months at a time.
+
ChocOwl
post 20.Nov.2017, 08:23 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 20.Nov.2017, 04:36 PM) *
It depends on the medicine. Also you are only given 3 months at a time.

Contraceptives are an exception to the usual 3 month rule, you can get up to a year's worth at a time. The prescription could be for 3 months, to be filled 4 times - then you can choose whether you take a year's worth the first time, or just 3 months or whatever.
Some contraceptives are subsidised if you are under a certain age (rules for this vary between counties)- that's what the 100 kr charge would have been. Perhaps you were not eligible or the prescription did not state that you were to get subsidised contraceptives.
+
intrepidfox
post 20.Nov.2017, 09:20 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (ChocOwl @ 20.Nov.2017, 08:23 PM) *
Contraceptives are an exception to the usual 3 month rule, you can get up to a year's worth at a time. The prescription could be for 3 months, to be filled 4 times - then ... (show full quote)

OK THE PILL. Sorry, i was thinking pills
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: