The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
77 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »    Reply to this topic

Applications - Autumn 2018

Merit Ratings and Status Update

KingZi
post 31.Jan.2018, 08:30 PM
Post #91

QUOTE (bat @ 31.Jan.2018, 09:49 PM) *
Agreed. I would like to start the positive discussion by saying that I very much enjoy the taste of reuben sandwiches. If you have not had the pleasure of enjoying one, then I highly recommend it.

laugh.gif

First, let me be more specific, information related to the subject of this forum.

Secondly, please elaborate on the content of said sandwich as I have never heard of such an edible object in my existence. laugh.gif

Wow, I just googled it, seems like an excellent way to destroy hunger!
Go to the top of the page
+
John117
post 1.Feb.2018, 09:18 PM
Post #92

Out of curiosity did everyone already receive their merit scores?

I applied for a bachelor program and did not receive my merit score yet sad.gif still says in progress.
+
bat
post 1.Feb.2018, 10:34 PM
Post #93

QUOTE (John117 @ 1.Feb.2018, 12:18 PM) *
Out of curiosity did everyone already receive their merit scores?. I applied for a bachelor program and did not receive my merit score yet sad.gif still says in progress.

You more than likely will not receive it until March or April, but there are some programs that receive them early.
+
John117
post 1.Feb.2018, 10:45 PM
Post #94

Oh ok, will I know if I'm qualified by then? Or will I get any confirmation or anything? Or will that be known in march-april as well?
+
kai
post 2.Feb.2018, 06:39 PM
Post #95

Hi everyone,

one application of mine was updated today!

I am now "Qualified" for the Political Science: Global Politics, Master's Programme (Two-year) at Malmö University.

The following is also written below:
Academic credits - second cycle (HPAV)
Your merit rating in this selection group is: 180 of a maximum 285

Anyone knows what that means and whether 180 is good or bad?

Cheers,

Kai
+
KingZi
post 2.Feb.2018, 09:37 PM
Post #96

QUOTE (kai @ 2.Feb.2018, 08:39 PM) *
Hi everyone, one application of mine was updated today!I am now "Qualified" for the Political Science: Global Politics, Master's Programme (Two-year) at Malm ... (show full quote)

Was it a late application? The second cycle means you applied to the second cycle. I believe there are two application numbers in the same program, are you EU or non-EU applying?
+
kai
post 2.Feb.2018, 10:04 PM
Post #97

QUOTE (KingZi @ 2.Feb.2018, 09:37 PM) *
Was it a late application? The second cycle means you applied to the second cycle. I believe there are two application numbers in the same program, are you EU or non-EU applying?

really? I thought it meant something like my second option (it is, indeed, my second option). It was not a late application, and if it were, they would have been really quick, right? wink.gif

I am an EU citizen with an undergraduate degree from outside the EU.
+
kai
post 2.Feb.2018, 10:06 PM
Post #98

I just realised what it meant after some google research:

Selection groups- master programmes and courses
Selection for master's programmes is usually based on a number of Higher Education Credits. We do not take grade point average or letters of reference or recommendation into consideration.

Merit ratings (MR)
HPAV Higher Education Credits, master’s level (second-cycle) 150-285
HPGR Higher Education Credits, bachelor’s level (first-cycle), only for courses
7.5-165
+
John123
post 2.Feb.2018, 10:11 PM
Post #99

Hi All, I sent my documents 2 weeks ago and they arrived on the 25th, this included my passport photo to prove i didn't have to pay fees however my application page states my application cannot be processed because i didn't pay the fee, do you think they just didn't check my documents yet kinda freaking out here ohmy.gif (Best of luck to everyone over the next two months by the way:) )
+
KingZi
post 2.Feb.2018, 11:55 PM
Post #100

QUOTE (kai @ 3.Feb.2018, 12:04 AM) *
really? I thought it meant something like my second option (it is, indeed, my second option). It was not a late application, and if it were, they would have been really quick, ... (show full quote)

Hey buddy, it means you are not fee-paying. I believe the first round of submission is reserved for the fee-paying individuals because it takes time for the visa to be processed. No worries, it doesn't mean a thing and doesn't change a thing.

Good luck and congrats on getting qualified.
+
KingZi
post 2.Feb.2018, 11:56 PM
Post #101

QUOTE (John123 @ 3.Feb.2018, 12:11 AM) *
Hi All, I sent my documents 2 weeks ago and they arrived on the 25th, this included my passport photo to prove i didn't have to pay fees however my application page state ... (show full quote)

Nothing is perfect, I would send an email to university admissions to clear it up. If you are an EU citizen then its a matter of clearing it. You have enough time for that but do get on it right away.

Best of luck!

Zi
+
John123
post 3.Feb.2018, 12:03 AM
Post #102

QUOTE (KingZi @ 3.Feb.2018, 12:56 AM) *
Nothing is perfect, I would send an email to university admissions to clear it up. If you are an EU citizen then its a matter of clearing it. You have enough time for that but ... (show full quote)

Thank you for the reply zi!
+
KingZi
post 3.Feb.2018, 12:06 AM
Post #103

QUOTE (John123 @ 3.Feb.2018, 02:03 AM) *
Thank you for the reply zi!

You're most welcome!

Do read up on the previous admission cycle thread, fills you in on many things. It's a good read.

Cheers!

Zi
+
Adnan1811
post 3.Feb.2018, 05:35 AM
Post #104

ugh this lengthy waiting periods killing me. dry.gif
anyway whatsup good people? anyone got any update? rolleyes.gif
+
Ashish
post 3.Feb.2018, 06:07 AM
Post #105

Hello,
Please tell me about the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS). Because without it would be so costly to study in Sweden.
https://si.se/en/apply/scholarships/swedish...ps/#requireddoc
+

77 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: