The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
35 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »    Reply to this topic

My experience "trying" to move to Sweden

Please god, just end me now

Gjeebes
post 12.Jan.2018, 07:33 PM
Post #61

Men-jiji menjiji, men-jiji menjiji...

"I know that assuming you need to do other peoples' jobs to get shit done here is not ideal (lol),"

Is not "ideal"? WTF planet are you from, Men-jiji?

Essentially Men-jiji is saying that you need to embrace something called "lowered-expectations", and general "mediocrity". These are Swedish traditions.

It isn't for everyone, but certainly, mentally abandoning concepts like "competence", "capability" and "effort" will certainly help you transition into your newly found Swedish "life" (if that's what you call it), sadly.
Go to the top of the page
+
Martian
post 14.Jan.2018, 02:03 PM
Post #62

I laughed so f*cking hard reading this thread. It's not that I am laughing at your situation, you know how to present a horrible situation in a comic way and engage a reader from beginning till the end. The only thing I can say is to wish you all the best in your swedish endeavours.
+
Gjeebes
post 15.Jan.2018, 07:00 AM
Post #63

"...Not really sure how we can prove my wife and I lived together in the UK, Bermuda..."

OP, do you have tax declarations, for the both of you, for the periods they are reviewing?

This is what we use anytime we have had to prove our 15 years (with 11 years of marriage) relationship was "real".

And then any bills (rent, phone, electric, water etc) with both names, same address (kinda thing) should serve as evidence even the Meatballian "officials" won't become confused over.
+
Svedallas
post 15.Jan.2018, 10:34 AM
Post #64

QUOTE (Apache001 @ 12.Jan.2018, 03:08 PM) *
+5000 likes to Gjeebees last post.Swedes love drama drama drama, endless drama, that’s the only way they catch their trips.At the end when you finally point out all the mist ... (show full quote)

Swedes are special people who have a big ego of not making mistakes, so use that to your advantage in any way you can.
+1 to this.

Mistakes are common. Very common.
And when caught, a sigh is given and most people say "it was a good learning lesson"...
+
Svedallas
post 15.Jan.2018, 10:38 AM
Post #65

QUOTE (mjennin2 @ 12.Jan.2018, 03:31 PM) *
I think the really important lesson in all of this is that you just need to do your homework and know exactly what you are entitled to / need to do.Not saying it should be lik ... (show full quote)

Are you Delusional?
+
Gjeebes
post 15.Jan.2018, 10:59 AM
Post #66

"Not saying it should be like that, but all of this heartache and statements like how people are on antidepressants in this country..."

Wow...maybe you just need to get out more...the majority of people of anti-depressants in Meatballia, are Meatballian, not foreign.
+
mjennin2
post 15.Jan.2018, 02:37 PM
Post #67

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 15.Jan.2018, 10:38 AM) *
Are you Delusional?

I prefer the term "resourceful" or, at the very least, being "sufficiently prepared" because I am extremely impatient and like to get shit done, but I'm also very Type A and I do believe there are some who would find our ways delusional wink.gif Have you not seen the spreadsheet I created during my own migration wait to mine data? *nerd alert*

In any event, the lesson stands. The language about what needs to be done at SV is right there online. With all of these stories of Swedish bureaucracy floating around, is it not the least bit advisable to advocate for yourself so you aren't going back and forth all over the kingdom? Just take a couple screenshots and demand service. It would have saved a lot of mileage trekking all over the place.

But I mean this as no offense to OP of course and I do find what s/he has been through to absolutely suck. I've been giving the run around enough times back home to want to go postal plenty of times in my life. I suppose just for future reference, it's much easier and less painful to just approach these types of situations completely prepared. Done and done. Right? smile.gif
+
Bsmith
post 15.Jan.2018, 05:50 PM
Post #68

QUOTE (mjennin2 @ 15.Jan.2018, 02:37 PM) *
because I am extremely impatient and like to get shit done...

Hahaha, Sweden must drive you crazy at times.
+
Svedallas
post 15.Jan.2018, 06:04 PM
Post #69

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 15.Jan.2018, 05:50 PM) *

Haha I was going to say, how does one cope during Swedish vacations?
Clearly its a culture clash here... laugh.gif
+
mjennin2
post 15.Jan.2018, 07:50 PM
Post #70

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 15.Jan.2018, 05:50 PM) *

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 15.Jan.2018, 06:04 PM) *
Haha I was going to say, how does one cope during Swedish vacations?. Clearly its a culture clash here... laugh.gif

You guys, I became a mom for the first time only 6 months after I moved to Sweden. My life has been so rocked by an 86cm toddler that literally nothing comes close to comparing to that wacko.gif laugh.gif
+
Svedallas
post 15.Jan.2018, 09:58 PM
Post #71

QUOTE (mjennin2 @ 15.Jan.2018, 07:50 PM) *
You guys, I became a mom for the first time only 6 months after I moved to Sweden. My life has been so rocked by an 86cm toddler that literally nothing comes close to comparing to that wacko.gif laugh.gif

Clearly! Guess you were thrown really into the deep end...

Optimism is good, and in your case, was really needed. Kudos to you!!!! cool.gif
+
SmokerT69
post 16.Jan.2018, 02:59 AM
Post #72

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 15.Jan.2018, 07:00 AM) *
"...Not really sure how we can prove my wife and I lived together in the UK, Bermuda..."OP, do you have tax declarations, for the both of you, for the periods they a ... (show full quote)

We lived in Bermuda, a tax haven. The only tax in Bermuda is a payroll tax 5% taken out of your wage. Since I was in the army, I didn't even have that.

Because my wife only needed a marriage certificate to be treated the same as an normal Bermudian, she didn't have to apply for any weird visas or papperwork. She applied for a few CNC jobs there but there's only a handful of jobs in CNC throughout the entire country. Nearly all small family business. So she was a house wife. Everything was in my name, house, bills etc. The only thing we had that was joint, was one of my bank accounts so she could take out money when she needed it.
+
Gjeebes
post 16.Jan.2018, 06:47 AM
Post #73

"The only tax in Bermuda is a payroll tax 5% taken out of your wage."

Hmmm. I fail to find any reason that could have motivated me to move from there, to here.

Knowing what you do of Bermuda, and now, having experienced Sweden, in all its "goodest" glory, do you feel you made the correct choice?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 28.Jan.2018, 01:51 AM
Post #74

And yet, they come...If Sweden is so bad, what was/is their home country like???
+
intrepidfox
post 28.Jan.2018, 12:00 PM
Post #75

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 28.Jan.2018, 01:51 AM) *
And yet, they come...If Sweden is so bad, what was/is their home country like???

Exactly. Most of the people moaning have chips on their shoulders and couldn´t even be satisfied in their own country. Just moaners
+

35 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: