The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Rejected family residence permit

Help it’s important

Prettygirl
post 12.Sep.2019, 01:17 AM
Post #1

Hello to everyone and if someone knows any information or give an advice about this I’d be very grateful. So let’s begin..

On March this year I applied for a residence permit via my father who has an EU passport. My mother and brother also have residence permits, they live in Sweden for 1 year now. In May i got my personnummer from skatteverket. I left Sweden for 3 months then came back here to work but i got a letter from migrationverket that my application is rejected and that i have a right to appeal. I appealed within 3 weeks as it was stated in the letter. How long will i be waiting for a new decision? I’m so afraid I won’t win this case cause i am from non EU country and don’t wanna live there alone without my family. Also even I’m 21 i still depend on them cause I couldn’t find a suitable job.
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 12.Sep.2019, 07:50 PM
Post #2

It will probably take 6-12 months for the Migration court to reject your appeal. If you are over 21 years old and wish to be granted a permit for being dependent on a parent in Sweden, there must be some other type of dependency than being temporary unemployed in your home country.
+
Prettygirl
post 12.Sep.2019, 09:43 PM
Post #3

But I don’t wanna depend on my parents that’s why I’m searchig for a job here in Sweden. I really don’t know why is there a problem and why should i wait so long for a positive decision.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: