The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Buying British food

from a UK outlet

Hisingen
post 19.Dec.2013, 07:54 PM
Post #1

Not having tried it previously, I felt that, for a change, I would see what the service was like, when ordering a few typical English items, instead of buying them in Gbg, which involves a trip down over a weekend - to avoid the bl**dy road tolls.
Using the Internet - what else - I browsed round and finally chose The British Corner Shop.
I drew up a shopping list, which included some typical Yuletide fare, to lessen the load on Mrs. Hisingen. I finally placed my order on Saturday 7th Dec. late in the evening. I had an e-mail confirming the order ten minutes later. Tuesday 10th I was told it had been dispatched, and I was able to track it all the way. It was scheduled for delivery on the Friday but UPS had a glitch and couldn't place my address. It was eventually delivered on the Monday 16th. however.
Everything was packed in a such way as to avoid any risk of damage, and the only complaint I reported to them was a punctured small air cushion. wink.gif
Never having done this before, I was very pleasantly surprised at the service, and price-wise no more expensive than had I made my journey down to Gbg. and far less stressful.
The Corner Shop has quite a list of products, which you can see for yourselves if you are interested, and their prices are fully competitive with anywhere over here - even when you take the freight cost into consideration. I am now well-stocked up for some time to come, without the need for a trip over to England, or even to the English Shop or my friends at the Indian Food Shop.
But there it is for your info. britishcornershop.co.uk for what it is worth. I recommend them anyway.
Go to the top of the page
+
Seamus Sean
post 20.Dec.2013, 07:25 AM
Post #2

Thanks for the information Hisingen.
+
intrepidfox
post 20.Dec.2013, 10:09 AM
Post #3

Brilliant. Thanks.
+
*keputihan*
post 20.Dec.2013, 11:11 AM
Post #4

britishcornershop, i will keep that in mind
+
Essingen55
post 21.Dec.2013, 08:35 AM
Post #5

Great tip, but not as much fun as buying a jar of Branston pickle from Taylors & Jones in the centre of Stockholm for SEK 60 when the price on the jar is
+
sandiec
post 21.Dec.2013, 10:44 AM
Post #6

Nice one Hisingen!

I use Britstore occasionally (have to say I think this is the same company as the "front page" is almost identical) and The English shop - also occasionally, I can live without most things quite happily but just once in a while I have the urge to be a Brit and run home for things - or at least shop online!!

Thanks for the website. Have a Happy and Peaceful Christmas!
+
ayan05
post 22.Apr.2014, 09:05 AM
Post #7

Well what you can do is order them from Britain.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: