The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
123 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »    Reply to this topic

Applications for Swedish citizenship

Share your experience!

Sabzeena
post 3.Nov.2016, 01:22 PM
Post #121

Hello everyone
Does every body gets a case assistant when you send your application to MV?
That means that before you have a case officer,you have a case assistant.
Does any body has gone through this or have any information regarding
this?
Your feedback is of great importance
Go to the top of the page
+
hatim
post 3.Nov.2016, 01:46 PM
Post #122

QUOTE (Sabzeena @ 3.Nov.2016, 01:22 PM) *
Hello everyone Does every body gets a case assistant when you send your application to MV?That means that before you have a case officer,you have a case assistant.Does any bod ... (show full quote)

I can not be certain about citizenship process, but this is the procedure they did for my PR application. MV has hired many new employees who check the documents and follow up on cases (but don't have the legal authority to make decisions).
+
Sabzeena
post 3.Nov.2016, 02:01 PM
Post #123

@hatim
Thank for the information
Does having a case assistant on your means that they are working on your case?And do you have any idea how long it gets to take a decision after you have a case assistant working on the cases?
+
Ravn
post 3.Nov.2016, 02:18 PM
Post #124

I am not that good on Swedish bureaucracy, but I know how it works in Denmark and Norway (Udlændingestyrelsen and UDI). There is always first assigned an "assessor" to a case, who looks at the application, considers if there is all relevant documentation attached, and who contacts you if something is missing. Then there is a person nr.2, who is called a "controller", who just controls a quality of assessor's work, and reviews a case once again, including all documents and facts. And who may contact you as well for some extra docs and clarifications. Those two put their signature in the internal case profile with a summary: status ok, or "denial based on...". The third person "decision maker", just makes a decision on the case, registers it in the database, and writes a formal letter + certificate to you.

The system is built this way to avoid any direct contact between you as an aplicant and a decision maker. So that you even do not know who signs and stamps your case.

I assume it works the same way in Sweden. With the exception of the missing direct ban on the contact between the applicant, and the decision maker.

You can as well read it on MIG website, that all applications are being "reviewed" short time after they are being registered. If some criteria are not met, you get your application turned down immediately. And I think it is exactly on this stage, that they make a decision to give an application "decision time frame": either 2-4 months, or 17-19 months as for the moment.
+
Sabzeena
post 3.Nov.2016, 04:03 PM
Post #125

Thank you so much for the information
+
Ravn
post 9.Nov.2016, 05:07 PM
Post #126

MIG has made a prognosis update.

Pay attention to page 64, bottom, especially number in "utgående balans" row:
http://www.migrationsverket.se/download/18...ktober+2016.pdf

Out of these numbers it seems we will reach 24 months waiting time by December, 2017. And only thereafter will quickly and dramatically go down in handling times.
+
HiSweden
post 11.Nov.2016, 06:07 PM
Post #127

QUOTE (Ravn @ 9.Nov.2016, 04:07 PM) *
MIG has made a prognosis update.Pay attention to page 64, bottom, especially number in "utgående balans" row:http://www.migrationsverket.se/download/18...ktober+201 ... (show full quote)

24 months waiting time for what? citizenship applications?
+
Martian
post 13.Nov.2016, 01:17 PM
Post #128

QUOTE (HiSweden @ 11.Nov.2016, 06:07 PM) *
24 months waiting time for what? citizenship applications?

It's already 19 months so I don't think adding additional 5 months to it is a big deal tongue.gif
+
Tarndarnya
post 13.Nov.2016, 03:05 PM
Post #129

Date of application: 1 NOV 2016
Time spent in Sweden: 4 Years
Date of decision (if made): Who knows when blink.gif
Country of origin: The Earth

and also, on what bases you applied? Permanent Residency on Refugee Status

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any experience with refugee, stateless and humanitarian PR applying for Citizenship? rolleyes.gif
+
Tarndarnya
post 13.Nov.2016, 03:11 PM
Post #130

QUOTE (Martian @ 13.Nov.2016, 01:17 PM) *
It's already 19 months so I don't think adding additional 5 months to it is a big deal tongue.gif

Martian, you been waiting for 19 months...
I do hope that you get the decision fairly soon mate!

Do you have handling officer for your application, if so, have you tried to contact them directly, not on MIG Customer Service line, which btw I think they only know what information already available on the website, or even it seems that the Customer Service Line know less/inaccurate infos we could find on their website.
+
Tarndarnya
post 13.Nov.2016, 03:27 PM
Post #131

QUOTE (Ravn @ 9.Nov.2016, 05:07 PM) *
MIG has made a prognosis update.Pay attention to page 64, bottom, especially number in "utgående balans" row:http://www.migrationsverket.se/download/18...ktober+201 ... (show full quote)

Attached Image

I see their are three different ques and MIG customer service cannot provide information which place in the these three tiers of ques, and where in the ques case is been processed now. angry.gif

Ravn, Is there any public statistic figure of which one of three tiers citizenship applications ended up?

I don't know if they are now allowed to tell this to their client or MIG Customer Service Line just does not have capable system to verify this...
+
Ravn
post 14.Nov.2016, 08:14 AM
Post #132

You are right, we had A, B and C options before 2016. Now we have only A or C paths. They just forgot to change the diagram in january 2016.

There is no pattern whether the person will be assigned 2-6 months (A), or 17-19 ©.
It is a lottery at its best, and a discrimination at its worst.

So either you will get your decision very soon indeed, or if it doesn't come first 2-4 months after you applied, prepare to wait like 24 months or so :/

Some trustful source of mine told me that roughly 22-25% of applicants get fast-trek decisions, while 73-75% have to take the pain and wait all the way...
+
Tarndarnya
post 14.Nov.2016, 01:51 PM
Post #133

QUOTE (Ravn @ 14.Nov.2016, 08:14 AM) *
Some trustful source of mine told me that roughly 22-25% of applicants get fast-trek decisions, while 73-75% have to take the pain and wait all the way...

20 ish percentage is quite a fair amount of applications end up in fast track A, Do you know from your trusted source, which condition applies to those applications on fast track?

Reading from Internet forums, that seems all application with Swedish relation, sambo, partnership and marriage etc looks like it gets faster decision than, independent migrants applying for the citizenship.

Which is bit odd to Swedish society that I know that politics and culture promote and focus much on being independent, free from dependent relationship...

BTW, SVT showed interesting documentary on this Swedish culture of being independent.
http://www.svtplay.se/video/10458343/the-s...-love-avsnitt-1
+
hatim
post 14.Nov.2016, 06:08 PM
Post #134

QUOTE (Tarndarnya @ 14.Nov.2016, 01:51 PM) *
20 ish percentage is quite a fair amount of applications end up in fast track A, Do you know from your trusted source, which condition applies to those applications on fast tr ... (show full quote)

This is as per my understanding: If you have a child with some one, who is Swedish citizen, then your case becomes stronger (by many times) when it comes to Swedish citizenship. It is to protect the child and to ensure that both their parents can contribute in his/her upbringing. So it is not _unfair_ or _odd_ in some sense.
+
Ravn
post 15.Nov.2016, 08:27 AM
Post #135

Out of my experience, they are just taking wild shots. People who never had jobs, do not speak Swedish still, are not married to Swedes get decisions in a couple of weeks. People paying high taxes, having jobs from day one, children, speaking fluent language, and married to Swedes wait all the way down, up to 1,5 years.

Some time ago (2012-2015) the only observation was: if quick first time Temporary RP, then long waiting time for Permanent RP, and quick decisision on citizenship. And vice versa: long - short - long. But this does not apply any more.
+

123 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: