The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Address change for 2 months abroad

But I don't have a room until August

post 15.Jun.2019, 11:06 PM
Post #1
Joined: 15.Jun.2019


I'm studying a 2 years master in Sweden, I already finished my first year, and this week I left to spend two months doing an internship in my home country (EU member). My (now former) landlord says I need to change my address immediately, as apparently she needs to change some insurance stuff and therefore that needs to be actualised. Nevertheless, I won't have a room in Sweden until the new academic year starts in August. She suggested that I register in the address of a friend provisionally, do you have any idea of the possible consequences of this? I'd like to know a bit more before asking a friend that kind of favour, haven't found anything on the forum. The only way I found to register I "moved" abroad in skatteverket is for periods of one year or more, so I'm not sure if there is a procedure to register such short periods. What should I do?

Any piece of info/advice is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Go to the top of the page
post 16.Jun.2019, 07:07 PM
Post #2
Location: Skåne
Joined: 23.Aug.2016

At the end of the day you don't have a choice as you no longer live there. Your former landlord can deregister you themself so they did you a courtesy to give you the opportunity.

As for what are the consequences of registering at a friend's address, it depends on their situation. For example, if they receive social welfare then you will risk their claim.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: