The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

ESL Teaching at a international school and visa qs

Work and Visa Questions

jose.luis.rodriguez.2452
post 22.Jul.2015, 11:39 PM
Post #1

Hello, I am a American teacher with years of teaching experience. I am fully certified in the state of Texas and specialize in teaching english language learners. Long story short, I have fallen in love with a girl for Gothenburg and would like to move to sweden as soon as possible (meaning when my current teaching contract is up). We have been together for about a year now. Of course I have the option of appling for a sambo visa but the current process time is as long as 14 months. I also know that I cannot apply for both a sambo visa and a work visa at the same time. Yet I wonder if I can apply for a sambo visa, find a job, cancel the sambo application because it would take really long and then just process a work visa to get there? Moreover, since I would be looking to teach in Sweden and do not speak Swedish yet, I was wondering what the Job availability looks like for international teachers seeking employment at a english school. I am also fluent in spanish and partly fluent in French with college interships at varies finance and marketing firms. I really don't know if the language and business experience would help but I thought that it would be worth noting. If you are in or have had a previous experience like mine in regards to a visa and work please fill me in on how you resolved it.
Go to the top of the page
+
sausage and eggs
post 25.Jul.2015, 06:08 PM
Post #2

Make contact with the Internationella Engelska Skolan. They have schools all over Sweden. They often hire from the US, Canada, Oz and the UK. You might get a job teaching English and Spanish, however, it is a bad time of year as the teachers at those schools go back in a week or so and I would suspect that the hiring has already been done for the 2015/16 academic year.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: