The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

tax me 42% on my post?????????

momo
post 12.Jul.2007, 09:20 AM
Post #1

I order something from internet amount kr377, but how come I receive a bill from post office that I have to pay kr156 at post office before I can get my post, what is the amount? is it the tax or handling charges? this is 42% of what I bought... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

can anyone please help me, many thanks :oops:
Go to the top of the page
+
koalabear
post 12.Jul.2007, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Can you tell us what it was that you ordered?

I would suggest calling the post office and asking what the charge is for. Otherwise try calling customs. They recently advised me that it's 6% for books...

biggrin.gif
+
Sir Wobbly Camel
post 12.Jul.2007, 10:19 AM
Post #3

There's probably a nominal % fee (tax), as well as a charge for issuing, and/or paying the invoice that has been sent to you. It could also be postage(?)

Either way... you got ripped!
biggrin.gif
+
momo
post 12.Jul.2007, 10:24 AM
Post #4

I bought some skincare from a famous internet website, is it the skincare that charge more?
should not be any postage fee since it is included...
what telephone number that I can ask about, or the customs? I have tried the number that print on the invoice but it is swedish and direct to voice mail sad.gif
+
Lp74
post 12.Jul.2007, 10:40 AM
Post #5

I had the same problem a few years ago when I ordered some vegemite from Australia (and some chocolate) - it cost less than what I had to pay at the post - but since I NEEDED it then I paid it. I complained the www.homesick.com.au (from where I had bought it) and they said others had also had problems but had argued their way out of it at the post collection place. I think you should try that. I think they charge you because the package is not properly declared to the customs so you pay a tax for that. Try it and see...
+
*Guest*
post 12.Jul.2007, 10:44 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (momo)
I order something from internet amount kr377, but how come I receive a bill from post office that I have to pay kr156 at post office before I can get my post, what is the amount? is it the tax or handling charges? this is 42% of what I bought... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

can anyone please help me, many thanks :oops:

LOL Welcome to Sweden, now for a Real Jaw Dropper head down to your local Apotek or System Bollacks !! If they are open tongue.gif
+
Puffin
post 12.Jul.2007, 11:20 AM
Post #7

If you order good from OUTSIDE the EU then you have to pay tax when it arrives. Only products up to a certain amount are tax free - exactly the same as when you go through the red channel when you have made expensive purchases abroad. It is only goods and services within the EU that are not taxed. I once got charged 300kr for collecting my own birthday presnt of som DVDs which Mr Puffin had ordered for me from amazon US - if ordered fromAmazon UK there would have been no tax.

You have three options:
1. pay the tax and collect your items
2. reorder if possible from a site within the EU - for example in the UK
3. get your products sent to family/friends who can then repackage and sent to you as a "gift" - you may need several packages to not come over the tax free amount.
+
*Guest*
post 12.Jul.2007, 12:21 PM
Post #8

As stated many times before...PUFFIN... You Rock!!!
+
momo
post 12.Jul.2007, 01:27 PM
Post #9

:? :? thank u Puffin...
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 12.Jul.2007, 02:52 PM
Post #10

:laugh:

Welcome to sweden!
+
Streja
post 13.Jul.2007, 06:26 PM
Post #11

Bradey, welcome to Europe more likely as it is done everywhere!
Pah!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: