The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Does the housing association provide intenet

Do I need to pay for Broadband Internet?

pune06
post 15.May.2017, 01:30 PM
Post #1

I just bought a house for the first time In Sweden. My understanding was that Housing association pays for the broadband internet. Do I need to reach out to internet providers and get a new connection or my association will provide me the internet and i will have to pay to my housing association. Can somebody please help me to understand how does it normally works in Stockholm.
Go to the top of the page
+
delta76
post 15.May.2017, 04:09 PM
Post #2

By house, do you mean "apartment"?
Not sure if there is any difference between house and apartment in this case, but normally BRF might, or might not have any agreement with the internet provider. therefore the avgift might or might not include the internet. If it does not, then it's up to you to contact the provider and sign the contract yourself.

It's different from BRF to BRF but it's usually clear when you look at the advertisement on what's included in avgift.
+
Case officer
post 15.May.2017, 04:10 PM
Post #3

Broadband access and some cable TV channels are often included in the monthly rent nowadays.
+
BhuBhuKaZoo
post 4.Oct.2017, 02:58 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (pune06 @ 15.May.2017, 02:30 PM) *
I just bought a house for the first time In Sweden. My understanding was that Housing association pays for the broadband internet. Do I need to reach out to internet providers ... (show full quote)

As a couple of the posters have alluded to, the association tends to have deals with a preferred supplier so you should have broadband with a company. Best way to find out is to either contact them directly or visit the BRF/HSB site and see what it says for your particular building. You should have got a sheet or pack that details what the building offers. If not, then create an account on either BRF or HSB (whichever company looks after the apartment building).

However, your association will have a particular deal that may be free (as part of your avgift) but..if you wish to have TV, a higher cable package etc, this is a cost usually you have to absorb (unless you are super lucky and the association pays for the whole Viasat package for example).

You could also look on Telia, Comhem etc and see if your apartment block is linked there.

Good Luck
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: