The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
28 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »    Reply to this topic

Msc Applications - Autumn 2019 Merit Rating

In progress, qualified and unqualified

emmanguyen88
post 21.Feb.2019, 02:54 AM
Post #76

QUOTE (anaram @ 20.Feb.2019, 02:46 PM) *
Hi, emmanguyen88!. I applied to Lund! But my status is still in progress. The course you applied to in Lund was from the Study Abroad programme by any chance?

Hej Anaram,

It is a free-standing course named Study Abroad: Swedish as a Foreign Language - Levels 1-8, so I think it falls under the Study Abroad programme. Hope we both can get admitted and see each other there ^^
Go to the top of the page
+
HMD
post 21.Feb.2019, 06:12 AM
Post #77

My Linkoping application is qualified. Any idea when KTH will update?
+
choitik
post 22.Feb.2019, 05:48 AM
Post #78

QUOTE (sarthak @ 19.Feb.2019, 08:19 AM) *
Did anyone get response from chalmers university?

Hi sarthak!
Here! For two programmes. Unfortunately, I got both of them unqualified.. sad.gif I sent an email to ask Chalmers’ admissions and they replied that the status may be changed later, even though, the unqualified did crush me a bit. So if yours are still in progress, maybe there is still hope there. By the way, is there anyone knows whether unqualified means you can just forget it?

Anyway, hope you all can get what you want!! Wish all of your the best of luck! smile.gif
+
Angel Mutale
post 22.Feb.2019, 10:51 AM
Post #79

Hi guys I was here 2 years ago it was good to wait for feedback for my application that year on this forum. I hope to we enjoy the ride together here and I wish everyone all the best during this trying moment hahahaha
+
Angel Mutale
post 22.Feb.2019, 03:48 PM
Post #80

QUOTE (Man @ 16.Feb.2019, 02:38 PM) *
Do not worry about admission. Every year I get qualified for all my choices and admitted to the 1st choice. The problem is always funding and scholarships! you get shortli ... (show full quote)

Man this will be different! It is well
+
besamian
post 22.Feb.2019, 05:43 PM
Post #81

QUOTE (choitik @ 22.Feb.2019, 05:48 AM) *
Hi sarthak! Here! For two programmes. Unfortunately, I got both of them unqualified.. I sent an email to ask Chalmers’ admissions and they replied that the status ... (show full quote)

This how they define what unqualified means..
Unqualified means you don't meet the entry requirements for the course or programme. This could be the general entry requirements, specific entry requirements, or both.

If your status on your admissions application is Unqualified for a course or programme, you can find out why by clicking the text 'More information' under 'Unqualifed'. There you'll find an explanation for why you don't meet the entry requirements.
+
annams
post 22.Feb.2019, 07:15 PM
Post #82

Hi guys!

I applied to study Economics and International Business programs in Stockholm Uni, Uppsala, Gothenburg and Jönköping. My application to Gothenburg and Jönköping was for a while "unqualified" but now all of them are "In progress" again. I also did the Gmat exam for Gothenburg and Stockholm that were my first and second choises.

Im so anxious about the whole process. I just want to get the merit ranking alreasy.

Btw do you know why the application went from In progress -> Unqualified -> In progress again?

Thanks and good luck to everyone smile.gif
+
besamian
post 22.Feb.2019, 07:30 PM
Post #83

QUOTE (annams @ 22.Feb.2019, 07:15 PM) *
Hi guys! I applied to study Economics and International Business programs in Stockholm Uni, Uppsala, Gothenburg and Jönköping. My application to Gothenburg and Jönköpi ... (show full quote)

First of all its good to see ur application is changed form "unqualified" to "in progress" again.
There are so many reason why u r unqualified , may be they received one of ur official documents lately like ur official transcript,IELTS (if applicable) or ur GMAT score. when they are able to access ur supportive documents ur status get back to in progress again for further evaluation.
i think i try to address ur questions.
have a good luck ma men!
+
humblelove001
post 22.Feb.2019, 09:02 PM
Post #84

I applied for two master's program, one in Karonlinska and Uppsala
I am conditionally qualified for Karolinska, I am in my final semester of my Bachelor, but there was no rating. Just a message stating i'm conditionally qualified and that I will participate in the April selection, they also stated that I need to document my final point latest August 26.
+
annams
post 22.Feb.2019, 09:21 PM
Post #85

QUOTE (besamian @ 22.Feb.2019, 07:30 PM) *
First of all its good to see ur application is changed form "unqualified" to "in progress" again.There are so many reason why u r unqualified , may be they ... (show full quote)

Hmmm, maybe! I did sent everything before christmas, so about a month before the deadline for documents. That's why it would seem weird if they have got my documents late or received them in different times. Not sure if that is what you mean :-D

Anyway Im happy that they are in progress again! I just want the results already.

Is there anyone else here who's applying with GMAT?
+
AyshaRaheel
post 23.Feb.2019, 12:46 PM
Post #86

QUOTE (annams @ 22.Feb.2019, 10:21 PM) *
Hmmm, maybe! I did sent everything before christmas, so about a month before the deadline for documents. That's why it would seem weird if they have got my documents l ... (show full quote)

I applied in Stockholm eco n Gothenburg but without gmat.
+
anaram
post 23.Feb.2019, 06:24 PM
Post #87

QUOTE (choitik @ 22.Feb.2019, 05:48 AM) *
Hi sarthak! Here! For two programmes. Unfortunately, I got both of them unqualified.. I sent an email to ask Chalmers’ admissions and they replied that the status ... (show full quote)

It means that you don't meet the entry requirements or other requirements established, but it does not mean that you can just forget about it. It may change. In some courses they may even admit exceptions if they have places available. It happened to me in a course. I was unqualified so I forgot about it, haha but a month later they sent me an email saying that I was admitted. I don't know if it can happen the same with programmes, though. I hope so! Keep your hopes up!
+
sarfinav
post 24.Feb.2019, 11:25 AM
Post #88

QUOTE (annams @ 23.Feb.2019, 02:15 AM) *
Hi guys! I applied to study Economics and International Business programs in Stockholm Uni, Uppsala, Gothenburg and Jönköping. My application to Gothenburg and Jönköpi ... (show full quote)

Hi Annams, i applied to Gothenburg and Stockholm uni as well. As well as Karolinska and Lund. Unfortunately, all 4 of mine currently say 'unqualified' How long was yours like that until it changed to in progress? And did you do anything prior to the change? Like did you email or call someone? I am so nervous and worried..
The reason I was given is that i dont meet the general requirement of 180 ECTS. Although I just completed my 4 year Bachelors degree and the equivalent to 180 ECTS is 3 1/2 years Bachelors.. so I do meet the requirements.. University admissions told me that just because it says unqualified doesnt mean anything is wrong.. and that it can change like yours did.. but I just want to know what i can do...
+
annams
post 24.Feb.2019, 07:27 PM
Post #89

QUOTE (sarfinav @ 24.Feb.2019, 11:25 AM) *
Hi Annams, i applied to Gothenburg and Stockholm uni as well. As well as Karolinska and Lund. Unfortunately, all 4 of mine currently say 'unqualified' How long was you ... (show full quote)

Mine went "unqualified" for the second time this weekend. Now 3/4 are in progress and one is unqualified.

I think the "unqualified" at this point doesn't mean anything and can change from time to time when the universities are going though the applications. I don't have my bachelor's yet, missing 30 credits since Im graduating this spring. My reason was also the same "Doesn't meet the general requirements" 180 ECTS.
I do have the official statement that says I will graduate this spring so the missing Bachelor should not be the issue here.

I did email to Gothenburg University but didn't receive any reply, and the application has changed from "unqualified" to i"n progress" two times now.

Don't know what's going on but I will email to university admissions next week again maybe. It's so stressful and unnecessary that the "results" are changing like that constantly. Just don't get it.
+
sarfinav
post 25.Feb.2019, 04:08 AM
Post #90

Annams, seriously I feel you, it is SO frustrating.
I haven't checked my university admissions page yet today.. A little scared I must be honest.
I haven't received a response from University of Gothenburg either. Who did you email there? I am wondering if I should send an email to my programme director. I sent the initial email to admissions and they will be swamped during this time for sure.

My university sent my transcripts in the middle of December. I graduated on the 14th and the transcript was sent out on the 18th.. initially in January I received a message on my page on University admissions saying i needed to upload a document saying I still have studies left (like what you did since you dont graduate until spring) however, I had already graduated by then and I was just waiting for my degree to arrive in the mail. So it didnt make sense to me to upload a document like that you know? I ended up receiving my degree on the 23rd January and uploaded it immediately, so that should have resolved everything at that point.

I have seen many people on various threads that have yet to complete their studies say they've received conditional offers and I am wondering how and what they did differently? Do you have any idea? Have you called University Admissions before? I haven't, only sent emails. Someone in a thread said to not call them unless its "life or death" situation...
Sorry I'm asking so many questions.. I have felt so alone in this process and I just feel like we can maybe help each other through this pain-stakingly difficult process. Where are you from? I'm from Malaysia!
+

28 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: