The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Residence transfer to Sweden

I would like to move to Sweden (alone)

swe
post 9.Oct.2018, 02:43 PM
Post #1

Hello to all!

I have a long term residence permit from an EU country, giving me all the rights when it comes to employment (no work permits, visas and so on). Can I transfer this long term residence permit to Sweden? If so, will I still need a work permit and a visa to get a job?

Looking forward for your answers biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Svea.alan
post 10.Oct.2018, 11:31 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (swe @ 9.Oct.2018, 03:43 PM) *
Hello to all!I have a long term residence permit from an EU country, giving me all the rights when it comes to employment (no work permits, visas and so on). Can I transfe ... (show full quote)

You don’t need visa or work permit. Long term residency permit gives you same rights as EU citizens invoking freedom of movement right. The condition is that you must have a valid work offer and you can not be dependent on social benefits while you staying in the country.

I think you might have to replace your residence permit card, and you might lose your permanent residency right in the country which you initially had permanent residency because one can not have permanent residency in two different countries at the same time. Also, most countries only allows six months or a year absence then you lose your status. Check with your immigration office in the country where you currently have permanent residency permit and the new country.
+
swe
post 10.Oct.2018, 02:36 PM
Post #3

Wow, I'm so amazed to hear this. Thank you! I don't mind if I lose the long-term residence permit from the country I originally obtained it from. When I return back from Sweden, I will just transfer the long-term residence back to this country.

Do you perhaps know what is the procedure to transfer the long term residence to Sweden? For example, whom to contact and how long does it last?
+
Svea.alan
post 11.Oct.2018, 08:42 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (swe @ 10.Oct.2018, 03:36 PM) *
Wow, I'm so amazed to hear this. Thank you! I don't mind if I lose the long-term residence permit from the country I originally obtained it from. When I return bac ... (show full quote)

You contact MV and need to register at the Swedish tax agency’ Population register skatteverket and apply for a Swedish personal identification number. It’s very important to have this number to work and live in Sweden.
+
swe
post 11.Oct.2018, 08:56 AM
Post #5

Awesome. So maybe it's a stupid question and I guess you already answered it somehow, but can I apply to any job in Sweden? I just want to make sure I won't have any uncertainties when I get there.

I'm asking this because when I first got a job in the EU, there were lots of conditions, such as the company should have made a public announcement with the job I applied to and only if no EU citizen applied for it, I could have got the job... also I had to speak the local language (I don't want to seem rude, I am learning Swedish every day and for the few years I'm staying in Sweden I hope to reach fluency) and so on.
+
mirnass
post 11.Oct.2018, 09:52 AM
Post #6

As a European (or pseudo-European because of your PR) you don't have those limitations for applying to jobs. Actually, I think you can even change residencies without having a job offer if you can demonstrate "sufficient means"

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...-residents.html

I think the above link explains it well. Just as long as your residency is permanent (5+ years) and not temporary (2+ years)
+
adinfinitum
post 26.Feb.2019, 01:09 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (swe @ 11.Oct.2018, 08:56 AM) *
Awesome. So maybe it's a stupid question and I guess you already answered it somehow, but can I apply to any job in Sweden? I just want to make sure I won't have any u ... (show full quote)

You can apply for any job.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: