The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Leaving Sweden to change visa type

What is the best option?

Family_permit
post 17.Jan.2019, 06:58 AM
Post #1

Hello,

I am currently in Sweden on work permit that expires in 1 year where after that I will have to extend it.

I am looking into switching jobs but most of employers tell me that they don’t want to apply for a work permit which makes job hunting more difficult.

Everything is ok with my current work permit regarding insurances, etc.

My wife is swedeish citizen and she has high paying full time job.

I heard that it is not possible to switch from WP to family permit from within Sweden and that I would have to leave Sweden and apply from my home country and wait 1+ years.

Would doing this be smart? Any advice can help!
Go to the top of the page
+
Family_permit
post 25.Jan.2019, 07:45 AM
Post #2

Anyone?
+
Panika
post 25.Jan.2019, 08:53 AM
Post #3

If you want to live with someone in Sweden, the main rule is that you must submit your application from your country of origin or the country where you legally reside. Your residence permit must be ready before you travel to Sweden. In certain cases you may receive a residence permit without having to leave Sweden. This may apply to you if you already have another residence permit, or if you have or are expecting children.

If you are already in Sweden with a valid residence permit, you may in certain cases receive a new residence permit without having to leave the country. This may apply to you if you have, for example a work permit

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...-in-Sweden.html
+
Family_permit
post 26.Jan.2019, 07:57 AM
Post #4

Yeah but Migrationsverket usually rejects cases if you ask to change visa type from WITHIN Sweden, that is what I’ve read many times on this forum.
If I would leave country and reapply then they cannot refuse me. The only problem would be waiting time. Are they working on reducing waiting times?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: