The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Unique opportunity for UK pension holders

Free seminar in Stockholm on Tue. 29.Nov.2011

jiten
post 16.Nov.2011, 10:40 AM
Post #1

I am holding two free one-hour seminars on November 29, 2011 in Stockholm for ANYONE that has a UK pension.

The agenda for the seminar is to explain the advantages and disadvantages of leaving their pensions in the UK.

Most people just forget about their pensions until they are close to retirement. As this is the second biggest asset anyone has it is worth making sure you look at it before it’s too late.

These seminars are not a hard sell, they are just to inform people what options they have and if anyone wants to do something about what is discussed then I will arrange a one-to-one meeting with them.

Please email me at jiten.chavda@aesfinance.com if you would like to attend or have any questions.

--
Paid-placement posting, authorised by The Local
Go to the top of the page
+
Stewart
post 22.Nov.2011, 11:35 AM
Post #2

Hi Jiten,

What time/s are your seminars - lunch or after work? Assume you mean somewhere downtown?

Thanx / Stewart
+
Sheila Craig
post 22.Nov.2011, 11:53 AM
Post #3

I am unable to attend but I am very interested in what you have to say. I am a UK pensioner living in Sweden.
+
Stewart
post 22.Nov.2011, 12:08 PM
Post #4

Actually, I didn't really understand you could shift your pension fund - and anyway, why outside the UK? Sounds a little risky... or?
+
jiten
post 22.Nov.2011, 01:26 PM
Post #5

There are going to be 2 seminars on the 29th. One at 5 pm and another at 7 pm. The address is Kungsgatan 37 Stockholm. If you can not make either of these seminars than a one to one meeting can be arranged that week.

Most people do not know what options they have with their pensions. The seminar will help you understand what options you have. Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) permit UK pension rights to be transferred out of the UK under certain conditions and these will be explained during the seminar.
+
Frank Arbach
post 22.Nov.2011, 02:05 PM
Post #6

I live in Sweden on a UK-based company of a little under 10K GBP per year. Only about 2K GBP of this was ever subject to tax in the UK.

Now, in Sweden, as much as 40% of the total 10K GBP goes in tax to the Swedish state. sad.gif

Are your seminars likely to offer any solutions to such heavy-handed Scandianvian tax policies?
+
jiten
post 22.Nov.2011, 02:21 PM
Post #7

Unfortunately these seminars won’t be able to help you with the amount of tax that you have to pay in Sweden however they will help if you have a UK pension.
+
Frank Arbach
post 22.Nov.2011, 02:56 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (jiten @ 22.Nov.2011, 01:21 PM) *
Unfortunately these seminars won’t be able to help you with the amount of tax that you have to pay in Sweden however they will help if you have a UK pension.

...sorry my original post wasn't as clear as it should have been - I meant that I live on a UK-based company pension.

Its hard that such a pension is predicated on UK standards of living, but you must pay Swedish tax
+
skogsbo
post 22.Nov.2011, 02:59 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Frank Arbach @ 22.Nov.2011, 01:56 PM) *
...sorry my original post wasn't as clear as it should have been - I meant that I live on a UK-based company pension.Its hard that such a pension is predicated on UK stand ... (show full quote)

is that an annuity you have already purchased, if not, you may still have options.
+
jiten
post 22.Nov.2011, 03:06 PM
Post #10

Yes, you can still transfer your pension providing the payments are not from an annuity or certain company pensions
+
Frank Arbach
post 22.Nov.2011, 03:07 PM
Post #11

I was receiving a UK-based company pension before I came to Sweden – with arrangements already determined, so no - I don’t think there are options.

Thanks for the tip anyway
+
Pezah
post 22.Nov.2011, 04:26 PM
Post #12

I may be interested in this also. How many people are going to go to this?
+
jiten
post 22.Nov.2011, 05:47 PM
Post #13

There are 2 seminars of 12 people per seminar @ 5pm and 7pm on the 29th
+
*swarendipity*
post 23.Nov.2011, 05:09 PM
Post #14

Sounds great. Your advise regarding estate planning to my son's benefit (and avoiding my ex capitalising on it) was right on the mark... so I'm looking for some more gems on my super in oz.. I'm guessing it's similar to UK pensions when it comes to rolling it over to my swedish pension etc.
+
jiten
post 24.Nov.2011, 04:25 PM
Post #15

The 5pm seminar now is fully booked. A few places left for the 7pm seminar. Anyone interested please get in touch ASAP.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: