The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Update about getting paid by studying Swedish

Does it still exist?

Jaana'scrochet
post 8.Sep.2017, 06:02 AM
Post #1

Hi,
Sorry for asking this topic again. I read a thread about this topic but the information is outdated. The last one I read was answered way back in 2009.

My husband is teaching the Swedish language in a center here in Hanoi. One of his students asked him about getting paid in learning the Swedish language in Sweden as a spouse of a Swedish citizen.

His student is a Vietnamese who is engaged to a Swedish man and will get married next year. I want to confirm if this information still applicable for family members of a Swedish citizen, that the spouse will receive monthly benefit/salary/money by studying the language.

I am not sure if this is the same to Finland, (we lived in Finland) where the spouse of a Finnish Citizen is entitled to monthly benefits/money while learning the language.

What I only sure of is that as a spouse of a Swedish, she can go to university for free.

I hope someone can give me accurate info. Tack!
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 8.Sep.2017, 11:05 AM
Post #2

There has never been possible per se to be paid for studying Swedish in Sweden. OP may have heard of the SFI bonus, but that has been scrapped.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: