The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    Reply to this topic

The misery of trying to find apartment in sweden

But everybody seems happy.

pepitoAndalucia
post 25.Jul.2018, 08:03 PM
Post #31

QUOTE (Apache001 @ 25.Jul.2018, 08:37 PM) *
The housing queue and problem is nationwide in case anyone is wondering.. I’ve traveled a lot within Sweden and even the smallest villages of 30k people stay on queue for minimum of 3yrs.

True, but if you complain energetically then you are an enemy of sweden who deserves be expelled from the country.

That's how problems are tackled in sweden, shut up and look down.

Read my previous post. I met people living in small towns of 40000 people and they have to wait 5 years too!!. just incredible.

What I find it really shocking is the silence about the subject on SVT. I watch the news and I cannot remember a single news regarding the subject. They only report when housing prices for buyers go up or down, but it seems everything seems fine for them regarding rentals. What I way to solve a problem!.
Go to the top of the page
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 25.Jul.2018, 08:11 PM
Post #32

This is an article from 2010!!!.

8 years later... nothing has been done.

https://www.thelocal.se/20100928/29292
Quote:
More than a month after arriving in Sweden for the start of the academic year, many foreign students are still struggling to find permanent housing. Contributor Amy Keresztes, an American studying at Uppsala University, shares her tale of frustration.More than a month after arriving in Sweden for the start of the academic year, many foreign students are still struggling to find permanent housing. Contributor Amy Keresztes, an American studying at Uppsala University, shares her tale of frustration.More than a month after arriving in Sweden for the start of the academic year, many foreign students are still struggling to find permanent housing. Contributor Amy Keresztes, an American studying at Uppsala University, shares her tale of frustration.

I had been warned. “The system is impossible, even for us,” complained a native Swede who has been in the queue for the housing group Dombron for three years.

Even the CEO of Spotify can see it.

Spotify: 'Sweden is heading in the wrong direction'
https://www.thelocal.se/20160412/spotify-fo...wrong-direction

"We are now therefore forced to state that if no changes are made, we must consider growing more in other countries instead of Sweden," they say in the letter, written in Swedish.

The pair pay special attention to the housing market in Stockholm, where property prices have shot up in recent years, while a divided rental market means that those without queuing points in the city's housing queue often have to take short, second-hand contracts at inflated prices.
+
iamaho
post 25.Jul.2018, 08:13 PM
Post #33

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/stockholm...or-en-hyresratt

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/jonkoping...o-hos-vatterhem

https://www.aftonbladet.se/ledare/a/VR3bvl/...-en-egen-bostad

https://www.svd.se/dystra-beskedet--stockho...dsko-bara-vaxer

https://24malmo.se/sa-lang-ar-bostadskon-i-...el-for-stadsdel

https://www.metro.se/artikel/nya-rekordsiff...olms-bostadskö

No one is hiding anything. Just because you can't read it, and rely exclusively on "the local" for your news, doesn't mean that it is not discussed in Swedish news.

And if you are willing to pay market rates (marknadshyra), then there is no queue.
https://www.hemhyra.se/nyheter/mycket-hoga-...oga-lagenheter/

The queue that you complain about is for rent-controlled apartments. Try looking for rent-controlled apartment in any city of the world, and see how long you need to wait to get one.
+
Svedallas
post 25.Jul.2018, 08:55 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 25.Jul.2018, 09:11 PM) *
This is an article from 2010!!!.8 years later... nothing has been done. https://www.thelocal.se/20100928/29292Quote:More than a month after arriving in Sweden for ... (show full quote)

This must be Wallace. Just different angle.
Sweden bashing again. Fuck off, wont you...

PATHETIC!
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Jul.2018, 12:01 AM
Post #35

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 25.Jul.2018, 09:55 PM) *
This must be Wallace. Just different angle.. Sweden bashing again. Fuck off, wont you.... PATHETIC!

I am posting facts about something that is affecting a lot of people. If you want to behave like a police then obviously sweden is not a free country.

Housing is a big problem whether a john doe like you wants to admit it or not. you won't change anything, I am making people aware by posting this. If you don't like to confront the truth then it's your problem.

One thing I notice among swedes is how quickly they get passive aggressive and try to isolate the guy who makes critics about sweden. Now I understand why sweden wins in all perception index. Simply because people are afraid of speaking their minds and given the real answer.

Question to a swede for a perception index poll:

- Are you happy?.
Answer:
- Sure, I took my prozac pill this morning.

Therefore scandinavians are the happiest on earth. ... biggrin.gif

If you don't like people exposing this joke called housing in sweden then call your politicians and tell them what are they doing with the taxes we all pay. Because sweden is the first or second country in the world with the highest taxes and I see very little in return other than having to queue for an apartment, in the "best country on earth". I can't believe swedes have the guts to say they are the best on earth.

You are like most swedes, you speak about tolerance and respect different opinions but then when confronted with real problems swedes get passive aggressive, socially isolate the guy who thinks different and want to shut up opposition.

You have ZERO arguments, while I have been exposing the problem again and again and again.

I am telling you this whole pyramid scheme will end in a major economic crisis and I think the average swede is so indoctrinated to believe they are the best that when it happens it will be worse than the 1990s crisis.

I think my country sucks at many things. Politicians are a joke, the job market is a deadend, salaries are almost slavery wages and we work 10 hours a day or more just to feed our families, but if you told me that you moved to Spain and thought that Spain is a disaster in terms of job market, I would never tell you that you hate Spain or you have a plan to bash against my country.

Maybe we are more tolerant to criticism when you guys get all the medals for things you are not ;-)

What surprises me the most about the swedish culture is their lack of tolerance to criticism. Sure it is easy to be tolerant when nobody says anything negative about your country but only saying you are the best and finest ;-)
+
Saywhatwhat
post 26.Jul.2018, 05:56 PM
Post #36

Pepito,

Calmese muchacho. You won't get answers here. And unless you get some satisfaction posting here... I can't see how this is any fun for you.

I don't say this to dismiss you, I say this out of concern for you. I can't change your situation, but I wish you inner peace during your time in Sweden. Like I said in another post, focus on the money, that's what you are here for. Fuck everyone and everything else.

Peace to you.
+
Svedallas
post 26.Jul.2018, 06:10 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 26.Jul.2018, 01:01 AM) *
I am posting facts about something that is affecting a lot of people. If you want to behave like a police then obviously sweden is not a free country.Housing is a big problem ... (show full quote)

You are a miserable person.

Leave Sweden.
+
vkaipetsky
post 26.Jul.2018, 09:05 PM
Post #38

pepito, thank you very much for a candid report from the trenches.

Admirable behaviour in the face of passive-aggressive troll infestation too smile.gif
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Jul.2018, 09:05 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 26.Jul.2018, 07:10 PM) *
You are a miserable person.. Leave Sweden.

That's a new low. How much lower can you fall?.

Miserable behavior is making people queue 5-10 years for an apartment, while the ones who can't afford to buy one live in short term second hand accommodation having to move every 6 months and then the same country that does all of that calls itself the best country on earth. That is MISERABLE and cynical.

You are brainwashed with their indoctrination.

It must hurt your butt that a guy from a country considered inferior is telling you your mighty sweden is playing dirty with housing.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 26.Jul.2018, 09:31 PM
Post #40

Again I ask, how many apartments have you lived in???
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Jul.2018, 09:39 PM
Post #41

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 26.Jul.2018, 10:31 PM) *

Why is that important for you?. Will it make it better or more acceptable?.
+
iamaho
post 26.Jul.2018, 10:04 PM
Post #42

Where do you get the idea that Swedes call their country the best in the world?

Does the government of Sweden advertise that on Spanish TV?

I don't ever recall seeing any news report of Sweden claiming they are the best country in the world.

This idea is only inside your warped demented mind.

No one told you to come to Sweden and no one is forcing you to stay. You made that choice yourself and you refuse to leave.

Stockholm syndrome anyone?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 26.Jul.2018, 10:16 PM
Post #43

+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Jul.2018, 10:44 PM
Post #44

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 26.Jul.2018, 11:16 PM) *

Why would you want to know it?. Again I ask.

Look at the links I have posted, The problem is real. Unless you want to drive this conversation in another direction.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 26.Jul.2018, 10:46 PM
Post #45

It's not polite to answer a question with another question...

+

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: