The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Teenage girl Malika Calhoun beaten by U.S. police

Alarming video shows "the real face of Americans"

shararti
post 5.May.2009, 06:09 PM
Post #1

Dear Fellows,

Today i have received these videos on e-mail, and i was shocked to see, so called civilized country America, Americans are known to blame on others that there are no human safety, threatening to third world esp in Asia, like IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN, PAKISTAN and so on blaming on them, but what is actually happening inside America, these given below videos will clearly show that what is the real face of Americans!

American Democracy
American Real Face 2

There are many videos available at YouTube but i think these two are enough showing what actually Americans are!
Go to the top of the page
+
DidiE
post 5.May.2009, 06:37 PM
Post #2

Dear Sisters,
If any of the Fellows actually want to swap Youtube links proving that the US is Baaaaaaad, then I propose the Sisters get equal time with Youtube Links. There are many videos available at Youtube that are enough showing the entire rest of the human population. I personally am very fond of watching old Crowded House videos, as I find this band from New Zealand to be remarkably talented. Here is a link for one of their best songs, Weather with You:
Weather with You
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 5.May.2009, 08:16 PM
Post #3

shararti:

Its clear that you dont like the US because of the whole iraq, afghanistan, pakistan thing. You probably dont like the US because of israel as well. It would not be a stretch that you also blame the US for climate change and your favorite singer for not winning on Pop Idol or in the Eurovision song contest.

Regarding the videos you linked...she girl in question is a stupid kid. Did she deserved to get her arse handed to her like that? Probably not...but no matter what an isolated incident like this is...it does not mean that all Americans are brutal. Just as videos of muslims blowing up israelis does not mean that muslims are brutal. Just as videos of israelis blowing up muslims does not mean that all israelis are brutal.

Please...get a clue...you need one.
+
mafiopolo
post 5.May.2009, 08:24 PM
Post #4

They say buffalo cant see its dark skin. I had watched those some time before and I understand hypocritical and dishonest approach of some governments and media who promotes, accuses and prosecute others while hiding a true and balanced representation of facts.

To DidiE> nice try, better luck next time but you cant deny that those acts were horrible. BTW if the thread was about Jews, Muslims, Palestine or Arabs, I can imagine your moan and mourning. OP was pointing about today's media who does represent biased view of the world. I hope you will realize this one day.
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 5.May.2009, 08:27 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (mafiopolo @ 5.May.2009, 08:24 PM) *
They say buffalo cant see its dark skin.

Whoever said this is a moron. You cant be sure what a buffalo sees!
QUOTE (mafiopolo @ 5.May.2009, 08:24 PM) *
OP was pointing about today's media who does represent biased view of the world.

OP was not...OP was making a moronic broad sweeping generalization that because a cop kicked the crap out a kid (who deserved a little bit of a thrashing, but not so much) that americans are brutal.
+
BillyB
post 5.May.2009, 08:53 PM
Post #6

Seems to be some over reaction to this!!

Of course it could not have been nice and it was rough and clearly a horrible experience
but as for the whole "it could have been your wife or your sister" answer is no...it couldnt...

1. Nobody i know would try to give the police false id (and if you buy that rubbish about a memory of her sister you are dummer than her)
2. If police, annoyed by the whole false id thing, asked anyone i know to come to the station...they wouldnt try to fit them and resist
3. If asked "do you have dangerous objects on you, and have you tried to hurt yourself?" anyone i know would say "NO" not try to be funny
4. When asked to remove shoes, anyone i know would just take them off and not kick them at the police...
etc etc etc

So this cant happen to anyone, and it isnt standard behaviour

Its a dumb ass girl who thought she was smart and funny but turns out maybe she wasnt so clever after all...

Bet she wont do it again!!
+
DidiE
post 5.May.2009, 09:04 PM
Post #7

I absolutely would never deny that an act of police brutality was anything but horrible, as are the multiple videos available that show horrendous acts of beheading, courtesy of religious fanatics. I hope YOU will realise that apologists for a particular world view make no friends at all if they cannot present cogent, well-reasoned arguments. This is a site that is primarily devoted to written English commentary. Posters who call for fellows to observe their little video of the day should certainly expect some written English comment, and you can go ahead and imagine my moaning all you want. I imagine that imagining is about as far as you will get.
+
mafiopolo
post 5.May.2009, 09:23 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (DidiE @ 5.May.2009, 10:04 PM) *
I absolutely would never deny that an act of police brutality was anything but horrible, as are the multiple videos available that show horrendous acts of beheading, courtesy ... (show full quote)

Good that you understood the universality of brutality. Want I cant understand, about your funny agitation about TL, English and English Commentary. The post by OP has some text explaining he/she got videos by email and ... and tried to explain.
So why are you so much upset about it?

TL never branded it as a website for native English speakers rather it is a website which publishes Swedish news in English a language which majority can comprehend.
primarily devoted to written English commentary
is not that true since now you have Swedish commentary corner also. And I don't think people post in TL discuss forum in Persian, Arabic, French, Urdu or Thai.

Representing English as a class is really funny since nowadays everyone speaks a different English. American, African, Indian are some of the examples.

>>>I learned a lot from TL forum not only about practical everyday things but also insights into different cultures and people. It will be good for you to understand the reality and than you can judge yourself. That how can can end his/her slavery from biased views.
+
Querist
post 5.May.2009, 09:37 PM
Post #9

TO: Shararti.

Thank you for your post. It demonstrates perfectly, the concept of Freedom of the Press. I.e.> an American news station reporting violations by American police on an American citizen.

We welcome you to Western Civilization!

See how easy that was?

+
DidiE
post 5.May.2009, 09:38 PM
Post #10

Oh babycakes. Just one little comment, before you are propelled into Ignore land forever more. From your eloquent postings, I learned a lot about YOU. Your slavery to a particular thought system, or class as you call it, while not explicity identified, is still fairly easy to adduce. You, I would wager eight million SEK, belong to the Tribe known as WE know what's Best for YOU. Tell ya what- next time I need someone from that Tribe to free me from my slavery, I'll give you a call. 'Till then, in the immortal words of the Beastie Boys, Flame on, you're gone. Shalom!
+
mafiopolo
post 5.May.2009, 10:34 PM
Post #11

I just laughed and laughed. Ignore me sure. Please don't ignore the reality.
+
Blazek
post 6.May.2009, 01:20 AM
Post #12

It is so horrible the way that the US is a society where the police are required to video tape their actions so that any wrongdoing can be aired on television and punished in court.

And how horrible the US is for having easy access to legal representation.

Oh, and that horrible US media watching out for victims and spreading awareness of this event of police abuse.
+
Roger O. Thornhill
post 6.May.2009, 04:41 AM
Post #13

How much citrus is too much in a cheesecake?
+
Franciscodeflores
post 9.Jun.2009, 08:58 AM
Post #14

As someone who worked as a corrections officer in the United States, which is what these people were in the videos were, maybe I can shed some light on your videos. In order to watch the first video, turn off the sound and watch it again. You will see that no one beat this woman but very methodically restrained her, removed her clothing and when she was allowed out, they required her to wear suicide garb. During the video someone decries the fact that there are seven officers in the cell including both men and women. That is an important part of how they are trained. They don't intend to make it some sort of "fair" contest by going one-on-one with any subject. It is much safer for the subject and for the officers to have several taking part in the process. The most distressing thing about the video is the screaming that would have you believe that she was being abused. That is typical of an intoxicated person who is being restrained, often times so they don't hurt themselves and if they have been involved in an altercation with someone, they are kept away from them for their own safety as well. We now video tape all areas of the facility so that we are held accountable and often these tapes are used by plaintifs in law suits.

The second video has no sound but is more disturbing. It was clearly assaultive for the two male officers to wall stun the girl against the wall (a trained maneuver), knock her to the floor, restrain her and pull her to her feet by the hair. These officers could have been and probably were charged with assault. I assume that copies of the videos were released for a reason.
+
amira helenius
post 9.Jun.2009, 09:19 AM
Post #15

Hey, when you blame a country, blame it 's government, you can't blame the whole country for bad acts, you can't say all Muslims are terrorists coz what happen in 9/11 so be equal when you talk about America, I lived there 10 years and I am a Muslim woman and I never seen or have any problems there , American people are very friendly , and of course in any country you find bad and good people, we are all (human) no matter where you are from.
My best friends till now are American Catholic, so please stop spreading hates.
I can also show you how Egyptian killed the pigs and you will hate all the Egyptian which I am one of them??? or I can start showing movies about how great our pyramids looks like !! look only for good things and your life will be much easier
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: