The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Is “grund” Swedish worth it?

What does a working professional actually need?

cookie18
post 9.Jul.2018, 05:46 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (loobiecore @ 2.Jul.2018, 03:36 AM) *
I have the same question, so I've done my best to research this. I think (but am not certain) that SAS grund is equivalent to finishing SFI. If you want to enroll in SAS 1 ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (Mib @ 2.Jul.2018, 12:28 PM) *
You've been given the correct information. When you've completed SFI, you can start from svenska som andraspråk 2. I did exactly that via distance learning using Herm ... (show full quote)

These are wrong!!!

The way it goes is:

SFI -> SAS grund del 1, 2, 3, 4 -> SAS 1, 2, 3

('grundläggande' means basic, 'del' means part)

Sometimes there is a placement test at the beginning of the first SAS grund class where you can skip 1 or 2 grund courses by doing well in the placement test.
Go to the top of the page
+
Mib
post 10.Jul.2018, 09:44 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (cookie18 @ 9.Jul.2018, 06:46 PM) *
These are wrong!!!The way it goes is:SFI -> SAS grund del 1, 2, 3, 4 -> SAS 1, 2, 3('grundläggande' means basic, 'del' means part)Sometimes ... (show full quote)

Which bit darling? It WAS as stated, because I had passed SFI, I could start with SAS 2 as informed by very helpful Swedish people who work with those courses. Thank you Cookie. Don't crumble. smile.gif
+
cookie18
post 12.Jul.2018, 10:57 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (Mib @ 10.Jul.2018, 10:44 PM) *
Which bit darling? It WAS as stated, because I had passed SFI, I could start with SAS 2 as informed by very helpful Swedish people who work with those courses. Thank you Cookie. Don't crumble. smile.gif

Sorry if I sounded rude.

It's extremely rare that one can go from SFI directly to SAS 2 since that would mean skipping all of SAS grund and SAS 1.

What I meant was wrong is this:
As far as grundläggande is concerned, I'm not sure, but it probably refers to level 1 of svenska som andraspråk, which you bypass if you've completed SFI.

As I mentioned, SAS 1 is not SAS grundläggande del 1. SAS 1 is a gymnasiet course.
+
JonG
post 12.Jul.2018, 11:22 AM
Post #19

I think the problem is the terminology is so confusing. I'm currently enrolled with SAS delkurs 2 (following which I have delkurs 3 and delkurs 4 to move onto) and I asked my kommun why I wasn't beginning with delkurs 1 and they said there is no delkurs 1 because "that is grund and we don't put students who completed SFI into that because it repeats the same material"

So I've gone straight from SFI D, where the teachers were happy if you could stumble through a sentence and know a few verbs straight onto SAS delkurs 2, where we are expected to read a huge autobiography in Swedish (I'm having to look up 15-20 words per page!).

When I received the reading list for my course it contained every course and there was more than one SAS course with different study books for each. One was described as SAS Grundläggande (which turns out to be the one I'm on) and the other one was written as SAS gymnasienivå.

I can't relate this terminology to what cookie refers to as SAS 1 and SAS 2, except to think I'm on SAS 1 which is broken down into parts 2,3 &4 as long as you've done SFI, otherwise you will start on part 1).
+
cookie18
post 13.Jul.2018, 12:53 PM
Post #20

You are right that the terminology is confusing.

However, when people say SAS 1, they usually mean the gymnasiet course, at least in my experience.

Here is what Hermods says
"Vill du fortsätta studera läser du grundläggande vuxenutbildning. Du börjar med grundläggande svenska som andraspråk (SAS grund). Grundläggande vuxenutbildning kan du läsa hos Hermods på distans eller i klassrum - vad som pasar dig bäst!

När du är klar med grundläggande vuxenutbildning kan du studera gymnasial vuxenutbildning eller läsa en gymnasial yrkesutbildning."

https://www.hermods.se/utbildningar-och-tja...rare/efter-sfi/
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: