The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >   Reply to this topic

Pizza; is it only in Sweden?

The plastic tub of "salad"

Keithy
post 27.Jan.2010, 07:30 PM
Post #61

Now that's what I call a good old-fashioned 'about-turn'.
Go to the top of the page
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 27.Jan.2010, 10:25 PM
Post #62

QUOTE (Streja @ 27.Jan.2010, 02:25 PM) *
Rick hehe, once I was with a group of loud Italians here in Sweden. We went to this pizzeria and they absolutely detested the pizzas.

I went to a pizza restaurant in Australia with a Swede who has lived here for quit a long time. He was VERY vocal in expressing his disgust about how bad Swedish pizzas are.
+
byke
post 27.Jan.2010, 10:36 PM
Post #63

I myself of dual nationality went into a Swedish pizza house as an English person and complained at how bad swedish pizzas are ... Later on I went in as a Swede to give it another chance and complained at how terrible Swedish pizza is.

Conclusion ?

Swedish pizza is terrible.
Just ask me or myself.
+
Keithy
post 27.Jan.2010, 11:06 PM
Post #64

QUOTE (Streja @ 27.Jan.2010, 02:25 PM) *
Rick hehe, once I was with a group of loud Italians here in Sweden. We went to this pizzeria and they absolutely detested the pizzas.

I'll try that again, as my previous post was tampered with. That's a good old-fashioned about-turn Streja. Precisely 180 degrees.
+
post 28.Jan.2010, 11:12 AM
Post #65

as mesost pointed out, the original pizza was "poverty food" with basic ingredients. the answer to what make a good pizza is the same answer to what makes good food. that largely means it's made with fresh ingredients and is well prepared, ie. the right temperatures, correct amounts of oils, sauces etc (not to drown or leave too dry) and it should taste good.

if you can succeed at making a pizza (thick, thin crust, and then whatever topping that floats your boat) that would be regarded as "good food" you have a good pizza even if it's not a particular variation of "genuine"
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 28.Jan.2010, 11:19 AM
Post #66

Please, talk your heart out about pizza in the hope that we will never have another thread on the sorry subject. It reminds me of my girlfriend's son who goes on endlessly about where one can buy the best hamburger!
+
DidiE
post 28.Jan.2010, 11:28 AM
Post #67

Okay, I will, thanks, Dr. Ford-
I think it's a mistake to expect that that ethnic food of a third country will ever taste the same in a second country as it would in your own first country. Got that? You can't expect Chinese food in Sweden to taste the same as Chinese food in Canada, for example. And no way could Mexican tacos in Stockholm ever equate with Mexican tacos in Seattle. (And yes, there is no way any other place other than INSERT NATIVE COUNTRY NAME HERE can do the cuisine of INCNH justice.) Ya gots yer Swedish pizza, ya gots yer Murican pizza, and what's not to like about either? But I do find it kind of silly to eat pizza with a fork and knife...
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 28.Jan.2010, 11:35 AM
Post #68

Right, DidiE, and you at least spared us a disgression about the glories of paella wherever it is found.

P. s., eating the stuff with a knife and fork reduces the chances of burning your mouth.
+
byke
post 28.Jan.2010, 11:36 AM
Post #69

Maybe we need to start a campaign and try to get Swedish Pizza recognized for its own unique properties. For that it would need to an identifiable name / reference.

So lets fight for the right of the Swedish pizza and stop it being influenced by all the immigrants.
From now on, All swedish pizza should be referred to without the "A" in its name.

I think we should after Sweden tried to rename the Hymen to something else.
+
post 28.Jan.2010, 11:46 AM
Post #70

QUOTE (Trowbridge H. Ford @ 28.Jan.2010, 11:35 AM) *
P. s., eating the stuff with a knife and fork reduces the chances of burning your mouth.

wouldn't that be the exact opposite effect? if you eat it with your hands you can feel how hot it is. if your first heat sensor is your mouth that's where you'll get the burn. or are you coming from the angle that if you cut it the smaller bit has enough time to cool from plate to pallet?
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 28.Jan.2010, 11:58 AM
Post #71

I go with the latter explanation, especially since you can pick up pieces without burning your fingers, yet, they burn the mouth.
+
futureishere
post 28.Jan.2010, 02:29 PM
Post #72

I was in Italy for last five days and have come to conclusion that Italian food is absolutely awesome but their pizzas suck. I have had better pizzas in turkish owned swedish pizzerias than in one of the best restaurants in Pisa.
+
Mesost
post 28.Jan.2010, 03:18 PM
Post #73

don't eat pizza north of Rome. Awesome slices of thin crusty pizza in a small shop on a corner of Shenkein Street in Tel Aviv. Oh God! just realized that everyone's gonna jump on me now for going to Israel!
+
dave.smith
post 28.Jan.2010, 03:22 PM
Post #74

I love the Swedish pizza sallad. All countries should do this. (or at least have it as an option!)
+
Miss Kitten
post 28.Jan.2010, 04:24 PM
Post #75

Pizza salad is not that bad. Besides, I sure Swedes think Americans are weird for dipping slices of pizza in ranch dressing.
+

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: