The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Anyone in Uppsala??

Ezpen The Caveman
post 10.Nov.2006, 11:05 AM
Post #16

Uppsala is a boring place to be. I don't think you would like it there... smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
*Bad New World*
post 10.Nov.2006, 11:12 AM
Post #17

Espen

I agree with you 100%. If Swedes in Uppsala were open and nice as the majority of Norwegians I would be a happy person.
But unfortunately they are not.
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 10.Nov.2006, 11:56 AM
Post #18

I am a lot in Uppsala. 4-5 weeks each year, and I would never settle there..
+
Markusaurelius
post 10.Nov.2006, 09:54 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (itt)
Espen

I agree with you 100%. If Swedes in Uppsala were open and nice as the majority of Norwegians I would be a happy person.
But unfortunately they are not.

Glad we can agree on something. Norway has about 4.5 millions residents. So, if you feel that the majority of Norwegian people are nicer than those who live in Uppsala, that means you have met over 2 million NOrwegians. I doubt that somehow. Why are you so judgemental about a whole or major part of the population of a town, and base that upon a few bad experiences you likely had there. I lived in Uppsala as well, and I found nice people and not so nice people. If, for instance, you are from Iraq (just for an example), would it be right for me to have travelled to Basra, or Baghdad, and live there for a short while, and then say that I hate or dislike you, because you are from the city where I dislike some people I have met? Or, that judge the majority of, or all the people in those cities based on a few bad apples?
Think about it. The answer is love, peace, brotherhood, and open minds, not the opposite.
I sure hope you change your mind about this, so you will like yourself more, be happier with yourself, and not judge whole populations based on a few bad experiences.
+
*Bad New World*
post 10.Nov.2006, 10:40 PM
Post #20

Marcusaurelius

I have no energy to discuss about Uppsala or some other place in this country. I only want to tell you that I have experienced prison camp in Bosnia during the war and terrible months in my home town where people were not only killed but slaughtered and tortured. But I have never felt so bad in my life as during these 13 years in Sweden. I have never cried so much as here. I was never so lonely as here and was never felt humilated as here.
In the last four years almost nobody have opened the door of my flat and I never go and visit people in their flats because I already know what they would talk about and what they would say.

I was very happy when I came to Sweden and I have thought to do something of my life and have a nice future as every ordinary citizen. But, I have seen the other side of Sweden. I was homeless a few years ago and I have experienced Swedish "welfare state" on my own skin.

After these years I don't want to have any contact with Swedes, I know that there are many nice and open people in this place but there in minority. The rest are arrogant, envious, distrustful persons who live in small groups and don't care about the others who are outside their groups.
Neither Swedish women nor men exist any more in my world.
I see them like shadows who pass by in silence.

I will survive this situation because my will is stronger than this bad circumstances. It is my obligation to continue to live and one day tell to the world how dangerous a system can be and how subtle can change human beings into something which is more similar to a machine than to a living creature.

We are living in two different worlds which seldom meet each other and it is probably the best, because you and many others are much more comfortable when you do not see my world because it can remind you that somethings "smells" bad in paradise.
+
Leonard
post 10.Nov.2006, 10:46 PM
Post #21

i'm in Uppsala now. Are you a student?

If so no problem to meet people.
+
Tim_E
post 14.Nov.2006, 10:08 PM
Post #22

Hi I'm a Brit that's just moved to Uppsala too biggrin.gif
+
Roowhip
post 14.Nov.2006, 10:35 PM
Post #23

Anyone else live here or nearby?

Sorry No..but I like the name Elliott if that helps :roll:
+
Puffin
post 16.Nov.2006, 02:56 PM
Post #24

Uppsala is a city where there is a bit of a gap between "town and gown".

However if you are a student you should get yourself to the student nations or hang with some of the special activities for international students - try and get your seminar group out and about
+
Slaphead
post 27.Jan.2007, 10:56 PM
Post #25

Uppsala's are great town if your a student but it's a bit dull once youve gotten past that.

I agree with whoever it was that mentioned the surrounding towns/ villages. Places like Tierp, Tobo, Almunge, Knutby make me shudder, really horrible places.
+
Rudolph Hucker
post 28.Jan.2007, 10:18 AM
Post #26

i live near uppsala and work there anyone can contact me at grahampeck999@msn.com
+
Lisa Simpson
post 23.Mar.2007, 07:27 PM
Post #27

Uppsala is a nice place, except it has a guy who lives there who has the smallest penis i have ever seen...!
+
Muttlestar Galactica
post 23.Mar.2007, 07:35 PM
Post #28

I've met him several times too and he amazingly seems able to change his appearance a'la Doctor Who as well!!!
+
Lisa Simpson
post 23.Mar.2007, 07:47 PM
Post #29

haha well, all i can say is his first name is Peter
+
Slaphead
post 23.Mar.2007, 07:49 PM
Post #30

I know a few Peter's here, i cant wait to show them this!
laugh.gif
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: