The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

A rant about snow plowing in Stockholm

Why plow if there isn't any snow?

post 24.Jan.2010, 02:40 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (IND @ 24.Jan.2010, 10:09 AM) *
byke: If you really want to make an impact as a responsible citizen, I suggest that you contact the authorities responsible for this and get an explanation and provide feedbac ... (show full quote)

seems like a great suggestion (maybe you can liaise with essingen to strengthen the story)
Go to the top of the page
+
swozzie
post 24.Jan.2010, 02:42 PM
Post #17

" Spratt

So we should all continue to dump our disgruntlement on others for our health sake... yes ?
+
jack sprat
post 24.Jan.2010, 02:47 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (swozzie @ 24.Jan.2010, 03:42 PM) *
So we should all continue to dump our disgruntlement on others for our health sake... yes ?

Of course you should swozzie.
Everyone here has broad shoulders,..well almost everyone,... so just remember that we're all here to share your burdens and you'll feel so much better. biggrin.gif
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 24.Jan.2010, 02:52 PM
Post #19

Must say that this thread seems like a very ignorant one to me - one which does not address the vast areas Swedish snow plows have to clear, the vast expense in the equipment and labor, the particular troubles in doing so when there is so much traffic using the roads, clearing the increasingly buildup as the snowing continues, the need to work then early in the morning in order not to cause bigger conjestion, not to do anymore than is necessary because of the expense, etc.

In my long experience, the Swedes get at least an A-, the Americans a C-, and the Brits a definite failing mark.

I shall never forget my 20-year experience in Princeton, MA where I had to clear not only my own driveway but part of the town road it connected to because its official ones did not get round to doing so until they had done the rewarding private ones - what usually took a day or two. laugh.gif
+
Streja
post 24.Jan.2010, 02:58 PM
Post #20

Anyone who lives on Drottninggatan shoul not complain about noise. smile.gif
+
Plowbridge
post 24.Jan.2010, 03:31 PM
Post #21

I am much more concerned over the overuse of the word 'plow' when the English version is plough. Americans excused.
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 24.Jan.2010, 03:39 PM
Post #22

Righto, Ploughbridge.

You aren't the guy, posing as Plowbridge, are you, our most esteemed teller of truth!
+
Plowbridge
post 24.Jan.2010, 03:46 PM
Post #23

The bastardised English language version was what I was given and it will have to stay.
+
jack sprat
post 24.Jan.2010, 03:57 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Trowbridge H. Ford @ 24.Jan.2010, 04:39 PM) *
Righto, Ploughbridge. . You aren't the guy, posing as Plowbridge, are you, our most esteemed teller of truth!

Have a nice day,..Troughbridge!
Ha,Ha, no offence Trough but it sounds more appropriate... dry.gif
+
IND
post 24.Jan.2010, 06:47 PM
Post #25

It is OK sometimes to complain and get the steam out (and remain healthy smile.gif), but then one should admit that 'that' is what he/she is doing. Claiming that he is writing this lenthy post because as a responsible citizen he doesn't want to see wastage of resources and tax payers money etc etc is not correct at-all.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: