The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Meatballia Scores Poorly In Expat Survey

Finally A Survey That Is Believable

Gjeebes
post 18.Sep.2019, 02:39 PM
Post #1

Use any adblocker et voila, you are a member of TL.

https://www.thelocal.se/20190917/whats-life...l-in-new-survey

Of note: "When respondents were asked if they would recommend the country to a friend or colleague, Sweden received a negative score of -23, on par with respondents based in Chile, Ukraine, China and the UK."

UK included likely because of breakfast and brown sauce!

Well-done Meatballia! Ńo amount of virtue signalling power-points will save you from this one!
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 19.Sep.2019, 05:56 AM
Post #2

Spare me, what was their main gripe? Language?
+
Saywhatwhat
post 19.Sep.2019, 10:18 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 19.Sep.2019, 06:56 AM) *
Spare me, what was their main gripe? Language?

“Sweden's good performance in these categories nevertheless helped it grab a 44th place in Internations' overall ranking of the world's top 64 expat destinations, while other categories threatened to drag it down.

When it came to the Ease of Settling In Index, Sweden ended up in a disappointing 57th place (though its Nordic neighbours Denmark, Norway and Finland did not fare much better, prompting Internations to write a special report headlined 'It's Cold Up North: Expat Life in the Nordic Countries').

Two thirds of respondents said they found it hard to make local friends (compared to 39 percent globally), and 41 percent struggled with feeling at home in the local culture. This isolation appears to affect international residents' general mood. Sweden came in 61st place for personal happiness, beating only the UK (negatively affected by European residents' concerns about Brexit), Denmark and Kuwait.

"The demand of almost all Swedes I meet is that foreigners have to adapt to the Swedish way of talking, thinking, and acting, but the Swedes don't need to do anything in return," one respondent from the Netherlands was quoted by Internations as telling the survey.

When respondents were asked if they would recommend the country to a friend or colleague, Sweden received a negative score of -23, on par with respondents based in Chile, Ukraine, China and the UK.

Some 20,000 people took part in the Internations survey, with at least 75 respondents per country.”

It works for some but not for many.

Swedish people just aren’t friendly for the most part. Who cares if it’s part of their culture... it just isn’t pleasant for day to day life.

+
Saywhatwhat
post 19.Sep.2019, 10:18 AM
Post #4

Learning the language doesn’t change the people
+
skogsbo
post 19.Sep.2019, 11:08 AM
Post #5

i think the reality is most Swedes, or in any country have school friends, family, uni friends, sports or hobbies clubs friends etc.. If a migrant moves into the house next door, the swede probably doesn't need a new best friend, nor do they likely have the time.

Internationas, that does explain it some what, a group operating in English would imply perhaps all aren't as integrated as they are willing to admit.

If you took a job in France and didn't learn French I'm sure it would be the same or worse.

Either way it's good. Don't want the country to get too crowded, it's nice to have the open spaces!!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 19.Sep.2019, 11:20 AM
Post #6

Where is it written that native people anywhere have to warmly welcome people that are not like them???

+
djmarko
post 19.Sep.2019, 12:22 PM
Post #7

Sweden is an international city, export driven market, loads of multi-national companies operate from Sweden, why is it hard for people to settle in besides the language as touted by some in here?
+
Gjeebes
post 20.Sep.2019, 03:38 AM
Post #8

I'd love to see a survey comparing and contrasting North Korea with Meatballia.

Like 2 peas in a pod except the North Korean dictator is much more handsome than Sweden's dictator.
+
skogsbo
post 20.Sep.2019, 06:54 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (djmarko @ 19.Sep.2019, 12:22 PM) *
Sweden is an international city, export driven market, loads of multi-national companies operate from Sweden, why is it hard for people to settle in besides the language as touted by some in here?

I suspect it's the same as any where.

It's an internations survey, an expats social group you pay to join. They only meet in the 3 biggest cities and have little mini clubs or groups for hobbies or pastimes. My feel from it and yes I've been to one of their evening social events, was that it's primarily used by people when they first arrive, don't speak much Swedish. Everything it offers can be found in any normal Swedish town if you just go out and speak to people, jlin local clubs etc. So I consider the survey be totally unrepresentative of sweden migrant population.
+
Gjeebes
post 23.Sep.2019, 03:50 AM
Post #10

"So I consider the survey be totally unrepresentative of sweden migrant population."

Ya, you are correct. Since 2014, most of the migrants are uneducated Muslim males, direct from the Middle East.
+
djmarko
post 24.Sep.2019, 12:09 PM
Post #11

Settling in- as in finding some where to live, well this issue has been well documented not only for expatriates but locals alike

making friends? well this has been well documented right from day 1 and even if you are fluent in the language makes no difference because as some point out, Swedes do not really need new friends as they already have a closed network, is this statement really true?

The demand of almost all Swedes I meet is that foreigners have to adapt to the Swedish way of talking, thinking, and acting, but the Swedes don't need to do anything in return," one respondent from the Netherlands was quoted by Internations as telling the survey.

When you are in Rome, act Roman right? is one expected to give up their personality, soul just to fit in? will that be living? i believe adopt the best of both cultures, win-win situation!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Sep.2019, 03:03 PM
Post #12

"is one expected to give up their personality, soul just to fit in? "

Wasn't it given up when a person decides to leave it behind and live amongst others that are different???

Countries have ethnic enclaves to suit that purpose...why should natives be expected to change???
+
Gjeebes
post 26.Sep.2019, 03:38 AM
Post #13

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Yes, to some extent, this rings true, but it does not get one far enough in Meatballia.

One needs the decades of indoctrination by the nanny-state in order to navigate through one of the most retarded and mentally-ill societies on earth. A grown adult who (fortunately) lived outside the tiny provincial walled village that is Meatballia, simply can't regress far enough backwards to properly fit into the Meatballian cult-society.

Meatballia is quite a different Rome than one could initially imagine. It is socially stifling, and an ultra-restricted society, that expects you to tow the party line, even if you personally find whatever the flavour of the virtue-signalling week completely disgusting.

If you are "individual", you simply cannot wash that away and become one of the faceless, personality-less Meatballian drones that you are expected to become. Just doesn't work.

You expect competent workers? Forget it.
You expect to have "debate" and critically discuss important topics? Forget it.
You have your own thoughts and opinions? Hate crime.
As a foreigner you expect to be treated as an equal, in the world's "most egalitarian society"? Forget it.

Meatballia? Forget it!

+
djmarko
post 30.Sep.2019, 11:19 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 26.Sep.2019, 04:38 AM) *
When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Yes, to some extent, this rings true, but it does not get one far enough in Meatballia.One needs the decades of indoctrination by the nanny- ... (show full quote)

why should anyone give up their personality to fit in? if you do that, it becomes very lonely and what if they do not get anything back in return, then what next?
personally i get confused because i have got to know several Swedes outside the country before i started living here and their personalities, lifestyle is miles ahead from the same people when they eventually travel back to Sweden, it makes me feel society here is conformist or? I have met loads of Swedes and yes ethnic Swedes before anyone asks me, they refuse to move back to Sweden for reasons i have never understood, despite they are more than likely to enjoy a higher standard of living if they moved back
I feel these sets of people i know value the freedom to express themselves, be themselves without anyone looking down at them or questioning their Swedishness!
Just a thought??
+
Gjeebes
post 30.Sep.2019, 03:55 PM
Post #15

"it makes me feel society here is conformist or?"

Ummm...yep, pretty much the dictionary definition of conformist (not a secret!).

Google: consensus +Sweden

And agreed, no need to give up who you are to "fit" in somewhere. Not worth it. Changes in a forward direction are often welcome though, although, in the land of the Meatballs, the changes on offer are quite in the reverse direction.

While the Meatballs do love them some militant ideological non-sense, many newcomers anyway resist the urge to go full brainwash, Meatballia styles, unlike the poor lost locals.

And if you aren't cponvinced, "sceptical" even, do yourself a favour, and read about it on your own terms: https://www.politico.eu/article/the-cost-of...sensus-culture/

Sweden is one twisted puppy.

PS: And don't forget, the founder of IKEA was an open Nazi, and rumour has it, the King's wife's father was also known to goose-step.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: