The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
29 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

SI + University Scholarships 2017 - Sweden MS

Scholarship news and results

polymaxim
post 25.Mar.2017, 06:39 AM
Post #1

Although the first admissions round has completed, for many of us scholarship applications are still pending and the wait continues.

Continuing in the spirit of the 'Merit Rating 2017 - Sweden MS Applicants' forum, I think it would help us and future applicants with the stressful scholarship process if we shared our experiences.

Here's a template so we can introduce ourselves:

Universities: KTH(reserve), Gothenburg (admitted)
Scholarships: GU Scholarships, SI Scholarship (Region: SA)

Hope you find this helpful!
Go to the top of the page
+
Aysnz
post 26.Mar.2017, 12:32 AM
Post #2

Hi there!
I believe its really weird that no one answered on this topic, since I read several people applied for scholarships (SI in particular). Maybe its because this part is a lot more competitive comparing to getting admitted to a university, so people do not want to share their states?
Anyway, I will share because I do not believe that anyone from SI or other places will read here and decide not to give us scholarships.
I applied to a SI scholarships and got accepted to Malmö, so now waiting for the results. No way I can attend without a scholarship.
+
Mugarura Amis
post 26.Mar.2017, 04:00 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Aysnz @ 26.Mar.2017, 12:32 AM) *
Hi there!I believe its really weird that no one answered on this topic, since I read several people applied for scholarships (SI in particular). Maybe its because this par ... (show full quote)

I also got admitted to jönköping and now much pressure is on whether I get the SI scholarship or not. Because surely without it, I may have to try again next year. I am praying ten times hard to get this.
+
tjugosjo
post 26.Mar.2017, 11:53 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Aysnz @ 26.Mar.2017, 01:32 AM) *
Hi there!I believe its really weird that no one answered on this topic, since I read several people applied for scholarships (SI in particular). Maybe its because this par ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (Mugarura Amis @ 26.Mar.2017, 05:00 AM) *
I also got admitted to jönköping and now much pressure is on whether I get the SI scholarship or not. Because surely without it, I may have to try again next year. I am pray ... (show full quote)

Also admitted at Gothenburg and waiting for the SI scholarship. Let's hope we get good news! Does anybody know whether we have to say yes to the offer on UA or whether we will automatically be considered for options we have been conditionally admitted to?
+
Man
post 26.Mar.2017, 03:38 PM
Post #5

Got conditionally admitted to uppsala but sadly no university scholarship!
SI scholarship is the only hope left now!

Does anyone know other agencies that would fund our studies?!
+
KTshady
post 26.Mar.2017, 03:40 PM
Post #6

Hi

I also applied for the Uppsala scholarship. But they said my name is on the waiting list. Does anyone know how to find out the number on the list? How many scholarships do they offer each year?
+
Nocturnal031
post 27.Mar.2017, 09:32 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (KTshady @ 26.Mar.2017, 03:40 PM) *
Hi. I also applied for the Uppsala scholarship. But they said my name is on the waiting list. Does anyone know how to find out the number on the list? How many scholarships do they offer each year?

Hey, I'm on the same boat. Emailed them about the ranking though. I'll let you know if they reply. Really worried, can't attend without the scholarship.
+
bhsn
post 27.Mar.2017, 10:38 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Nocturnal031 @ 27.Mar.2017, 10:32 AM) *
Hey, I'm on the same boat. Emailed them about the ranking though. I'll let you know if they reply. Really worried, can't attend without the scholarship.

Me three. I didn’t participate in the other thread because my acceptance is pointless without a scholarship. I just emailed the coordinator to ask where in the reserve list I am to weigh my chances.I am desperately wishing that all the wicked genius who got offers from both Uppsala scholarship and SI scholarship kindly accept the latter and saves my life. My country is not eligible for any of the SI scholarship, so this is my one and only chance.
+
tjugosjo
post 27.Mar.2017, 11:39 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (bhsn @ 27.Mar.2017, 11:38 AM) *
Me three. I didn’t participate in the other thread because my acceptance is pointless without a scholarship. I just emailed the coordinator to ask where in the reserve list ... (show full quote)

I am not sure about Uppsala, but I know that other universities such as Gothenburg do not allow you to choose between SI and the university scholarship. If you get SI then you forfeit the university scholarship.
+
Kondwani
post 27.Mar.2017, 12:06 PM
Post #10

Master of Public Health at Lund University was my first choice and I got Conditionally admitted as I am a fee paying student from Malawi. I applied for SISS Category 3 where 609 made it to the second stage with only 50 places available.

I hope I will make it so that I can fulfill my dream of attending my studies in Sweden. Let's continue to wait patiently
+
tjugosjo
post 27.Mar.2017, 01:35 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Kondwani @ 27.Mar.2017, 01:06 PM) *
Master of Public Health at Lund University was my first choice and I got Conditionally admitted as I am a fee paying student from Malawi. I applied for SISS Category 3 where 6 ... (show full quote)

I am in a similar situation, with 267 in my category and only 10 scholarships available. I hope we all get some good news.
+
Kondwani
post 27.Mar.2017, 03:04 PM
Post #12

Of course we can only be hopeful. Its certain that not all those who qualified for those categories got admitted. Some may be on waiting list and others not getting the place. Despite all these scenarios, we can only hope that we make it. Am wishing you the best as you wait
+
tjugosjo
post 27.Mar.2017, 03:29 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Kondwani @ 27.Mar.2017, 04:04 PM) *
Of course we can only be hopeful. Its certain that not all those who qualified for those categories got admitted. Some may be on waiting list and others not getting the place. ... (show full quote)

Thanks! Same to you. Being admitted is already a great achievement smile.gif
+
tjugosjo
post 27.Mar.2017, 03:30 PM
Post #14

Those who have applied for Umea scholarships should check their e-mails. On the other forum it stated that those receiving the scholarship have been notified.
+
bhsn
post 28.Mar.2017, 09:01 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (tjugosjo @ 27.Mar.2017, 12:39 PM) *
I am not sure about Uppsala, but I know that other universities such as Gothenburg do not allow you to choose between SI and the university scholarship. If you get SI then you ... (show full quote)

actually, i think in case of uppsala you get to choose. this is from an official q&a compilation sent by the uni coordinator "A: Students can be awarded both scholarships. If awarded two scholarships, you must however choose which one you wish to keep. Students cannot keep both scholarships. " thanks for your reply tho smile.gif
+

29 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: