The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

two employment contracts signed

will it be a problem

natalie12
post 2.Oct.2017, 06:32 AM
Post #1

I got an offer from one employer from other than my home city and I have signed it , I am suppose to start working in couple of moths mean, while I got another offer from an employer from my home city.

will it be ok if I choose second one and not joining the first one.

will be there any legal problem because I have signed the first contract?
Go to the top of the page
+
BhuBhuKaZoo
post 2.Oct.2017, 01:05 PM
Post #2

I would not say there is a specific legal problem - however, if you have signed a contract with a company you wish not to work for, then you should be (in the start of the contract) able to release yourself from it at the start. There is usually a probationary period of between 3 and 6 months whereby the employer (as well as employee) can choose to terminate the contract at short notice.

Before accepting the other offer, I would read the contract you had signed (possibly seek legal advice here also) and ask to leave the contract.

Then accept the other. You usually have to forgo some form of payment but as you have not started work, this would not be anything you should have to worry about.

Personally, I would read the contract and get legal advice. But I would be surprised if there is a legal agreement which you would be specifically penalised for.

Good luck!
+
natalie12
post 2.Oct.2017, 01:23 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (BhuBhuKaZoo @ 2.Oct.2017, 02:05 PM) *
I would not say there is a specific legal problem - however, if you have signed a contract with a company you wish not to work for, then you should be (in the start of the con ... (show full quote)

I will be starting to work after 2 months only. In my contract it is not specified if I brake the contract before start working.
+
BhuBhuKaZoo
post 2.Oct.2017, 02:25 PM
Post #4

I would then get someone to read the contract thoroughly - there should be a part of the "termination" part.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Oct.2017, 02:59 PM
Post #5

Not sure if this thread applies...But it might be of use...

Migrationsverket deportation rage...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: