The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
23 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    Reply to this topic

So tired of living in Sweden!

Tired of the country

Bsmith
post 16.Jun.2018, 11:00 PM
Post #46

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 16.Jun.2018, 09:52 PM) *
I feel the people who actually want to work and pay taxes in sweden get punished while the people who come for "free money" get rewarded.

Bingo! That's the problem with "progressivism", and it needs to go away before the middle class has been completely eliminated.
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Jun.2018, 11:08 PM
Post #47

Let's see what happens to Merkle...
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 16.Jun.2018, 11:10 PM
Post #48

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 17.Jun.2018, 12:00 AM) *
Bingo! That's the problem with "progressivism", and it needs to go away before the middle class has been completely eliminated.

Changes are already happening. Even the ones who are believers at the core are starting to question this crazy idea of letting everybody in without even asking if it's worthy.

I never asked for money, never. I have paid taxes since almost I arrived to sweden. I think sweden needs to open the doors to people who actively wants to work.

But sweden is bleeding out with a ton of people who are sucking money from the state and want to do little or nothing for the system. Then I guy like me is given all kind of excuses to not give me a job, even though my skills are good enough to be included in the workforce.
+
john.boy
post 17.Jun.2018, 10:07 AM
Post #49

QUOTE (parfume1 @ 8.Jun.2018, 09:07 PM) *
The men I have dated have been cheap, emotionally unavailable and generally boring.

The saying You attract what you project springs to mind.

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 15.Jun.2018, 02:04 AM) *
As far as I know, if EU citizens try to claim any kind of benifits we get deported? At least that's what I've been led to believe.

If you are classed as resident then you are entitled to residence based benefits.
If you are working and taxes paid in Sweden then you are entitled to work related benefits.
+
Am89
post 19.Jun.2018, 07:24 PM
Post #50

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 17.Jun.2018, 12:10 AM) *
Changes are already happening. Even the ones who are believers at the core are starting to question this crazy idea of letting everybody in without even asking if it's wor ... (show full quote)

Everybody wants to work however,there is a huge discrimination in the labor market. Employers prefer to hire natives. I don't agree with you that those who come here come for social welfare (it is what I read in between your lines) or lazy or willingly avoid work. There is no god damn jobs. Most of the advertisements are not real (they just advertise for the sake of statistics or smth), arbetsförmedlingen is most of the time useless in finding a job. So please don't judge people.
+
SmokerT69
post 19.Jun.2018, 08:25 PM
Post #51

QUOTE (Am89 @ 19.Jun.2018, 08:24 PM) *
Everybody wants to work however,there is a huge discrimination in the labor market. Employers prefer to hire natives. I don't agree with you that those who come here come ... (show full quote)

I don't agree with that. I have a mate back home who is 27 and never had a job in his life. His mum actually asked me to get him work, which I did, part time at 20$ an hour for 2 weeks. It could of led to full time employment but he never even bothered to show up. My brother is another example, got him a job, he refused to pull his pants up. He likes wearing them down below his arse. The manager told him 5 times in 1 day, finally he got annoyed and quit.

So yea, not everyone wants to work lol. But I will agree here in Sweden, there does seem to be a major shortage of low skill jobs. ie, retail, warehouse, customer service etc. Not to mention, some people think a job pays to little or is benith them. Which I have never understood. You currently have no job but you won't take a job because it doesn't pay enough? Half a loaf of bread is better than no loaf at all.
+
Am89
post 20.Jun.2018, 09:32 AM
Post #52

But I will agree here in Sweden, there does seem to be a major shortage of low skill jobs. ie, retail, warehouse, customer service etc. Not to mention, some people think a job pays to little or is benith them. Which I have never understood. You currently have no job but you won't take a job because it doesn't pay enough? Half a loaf of bread is better than no loaf at all.
[/quote]

I sincerely don't believe that majority of foreigners living in sweden would avoid working for this reason. I myself have a masters degree from a swedish university, however, after failing to find a job in my field of education I took a job in warehouse with 2 months free praktik (internship). It was 104 hours a month free work I did just to get the summer job in the warehouse. I apply to both skilled and none skilled jobs. However, trust me there is a severe discrimination in both of these markets. (Sorry for typos)
+
Svedallas
post 20.Jun.2018, 10:35 AM
Post #53

QUOTE (Am89 @ 19.Jun.2018, 08:24 PM) *
Everybody wants to work however,there is a huge discrimination in the labor market. Employers prefer to hire natives. I don't agree with you that those who come here come ... (show full quote)

Jobs are limited. Nothing is new.
This has been the problem for over 20 years...or as far as I can remember.

Jobs posted is the law. But these positions have mainly been covered already.
+
Bsmith
post 20.Jun.2018, 12:12 PM
Post #54

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 20.Jun.2018, 09:35 AM) *
Jobs are limited. Nothing is new.. This has been the problem for over 20 years...or as far as I can remember.. Jobs posted is the law. But these positions have mainly been covered already.

But let's continue to bring in more immigrants to compete for the jobs that already aren't there.
+
parfume1
post 20.Jun.2018, 01:19 PM
Post #55

So off topic! This thread is about how shit Swedes are not about immigrants! I bet the refugees even think their shitty countries are better than Sweden!
+
Apache001
post 20.Jun.2018, 02:59 PM
Post #56

The job market and housing have been systematically used to disintegrate immigrants and refugees in Sweden. I don’t think the government is serious about its integration programs, and unfortunately Swedes have the selfish attitude of “I don’t give a f$ck about immigrants until I seriously need them for something so important that I can’t fix any other way”.

If you live as an immigrant in societies where the citizens are not selfish, within 6 months guys in your neighborhood would invite you out for a beach party and you are completely in with just that one invite.

From my experience living in Sweden, they are not going to invite you for a myriad of personal reasons like “how shall we behave around this immigrant that’s not from our culture, what are we going to talk about, what am I going to wear, what food will I serve him, hope he is not going to judge my not so clean apartment, oh goodness this is too stressful for me washing the toilet because of some guests, will he think I’m boring, it’s better I avoid him by peeping at the door hole before going out so I don’t run into him...it’s all in their heads. Swedes told me all these themselves.

Rather than come and get to know you with a free mind and see what happens, they become self analytical and spoil the whole vibe and idea of “getting to know you”. But can you blame them when their parents will not allow them do anything at home from birth until they move out, all they ever know is play video games and eat chips/energy drink.
+
Am89
post 20.Jun.2018, 03:12 PM
Post #57

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 20.Jun.2018, 11:35 AM) *
Jobs are limited. Nothing is new.. This has been the problem for over 20 years...or as far as I can remember.. Jobs posted is the law. But these positions have mainly been covered already.

I absolutely agree that jobs are covered way before they are posted. A friend of mine found a job announcement in arbetsförmedlingen's web page. Instead of sending cv by email he decided to go there and hand in cv personally. But to his surprise the owner of the business told him that they don't have that position open, they just posted advertisement because they have to.
+
Am89
post 20.Jun.2018, 03:36 PM
Post #58

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 20.Jun.2018, 01:12 PM) *
But let's continue to bring in more immigrants to compete for the jobs that already aren't there.

So racist you are. There are a lot of benefits having immigrants. If immigrants would leave this country would look empty as in computer games. biggrin.gif Moreover,economy must be improved to create more jobs instead of pointing finger on immigrants for competing for jobs. Immigrants are people like you maybe some of them even can do more for this country given the chance.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Jun.2018, 03:47 PM
Post #59

So many complaints from people who left their own countries to come to Sweden, it makes you wonder how bad were those countries were.

The obvious answer is to go back home or go elsewhere...Isn't it???
+
Cheeseroller
post 20.Jun.2018, 03:57 PM
Post #60

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 20.Jun.2018, 04:47 PM) *
So many complaints from people who left their own countries to come to Sweden, it makes you wonder how bad were those countries were.The obvious answer is to go back home or g ... (show full quote)

Probably not as bad as a country where children and babies are separated at the border.
+

23 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: