The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

SSU Skåne - Homophobic & Anti semitic

Real news

MSahyouni
post 10.Jan.2019, 07:47 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 7.Jan.2019, 05:36 PM) *
True, I apologize. That is indeed a sweeping statement. The rest, however, is not, and was targeted at that person and group. And as I said before...if you are Muslim and have ... (show full quote)

I did not anywhere in my comments defend the person or the group. I do not know the person or the group or care for them for that matter.
My objection was to the overall trend seen in The Local (this post follows the trend) where comments made about religions, minorities, races, etc are not at all acceptable or at least have a redline UNLESS those comments are made about Muslims and Islam, where generalized openly bigoted comments are tolerated.
And I believe the overall development of this post and some the comments made here show that this indeed is the case. I believe is let’s say Jews for example were called a “professional hate group”, we’d have a problem.
I have no problem with people saying their opinions openly. No one can dictate anything on anyone. Just don’t be hypocritical. Hold the same views and standards across the board.

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 8.Jan.2019, 12:17 AM) *
I have met some real nice people who were Muslims and former Muslims (denounced the religion as they thought it was demeaning towards women). I have met some not so good peop ... (show full quote)

Isn’t the freedom of religion one of the beliefs that western democracies hold dear!
I see that the exponential increase in westerners converting to Islam is an indication that Islam and some western values could go hand in hand. We have to understand that western values are shifting, something that isn’t allowed today or frowned upon could be allowed and possibly even cherished 30 years from now.

QUOTE (Uncle Fred @ 8.Jan.2019, 12:30 AM) *
May I ask MSahyouni their views on this.An 18-year-old Saudi woman who fled her family at the weekend has left Bangkok airport "under the care" of the UN refugee age ... (show full quote)

I don’t really see how this relates to the overall discussion!
Anyhow yes I have briefly read the news on this. And my answer is “My family threatens to kill me for the most trivial things” her words not mine.
There are many dysfunctional families and crazy people out there. so to dismiss her actual words about her family, in addition to the fact that she comes from one of the most oppressing countries in the world that is known for their violations of all types of human rights (violations are against Muslims by the way), and to only concentrate on the fact that she is a Muslim is incorrect.
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 10.Jan.2019, 12:26 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (MSahyouni @ 10.Jan.2019, 06:47 AM) *
.. We have to understand that western values are shifting, something that isn’t allowed today or frowned upon could be allowed and possibly even cherished 30 years from now.

Western values are and will shift. However, by its own decree, one of Islam's core beliefs is that the Koran is the actual word of God and not one word can be changed. That is why Islam is so utterly backward.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 10.Jan.2019, 07:12 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 10.Jan.2019, 12:26 PM) *
Western values are and will shift. However, by its own decree, one of Islam's core beliefs is that the Koran is the actual word of God and not one word can be changed. T ... (show full quote)

Western values are and will shift. However, by its own decree, one of Christianity’s core beliefs is that the Bible is the word of god and not one word can be changed. That is why Christianity is so utterly backwards.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 10.Jan.2019, 07:20 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (MSahyouni @ 10.Jan.2019, 07:47 AM) *
I did not anywhere in my comments defend the person or the group. I do not know the person or the group or care for them for that matter. My objection was to the overall trend ... (show full quote)

You are right. This forum is a cesspool of old white man hate ironically directed at immigrants, at least darker skinned or Muslim immigrants/ Muslim Swedes... there is no difference to them.

It’s crazy. But just take it with a grain of salt and roll with it or drop out. I couldn’t take too much so I took a break and probably will again soon after just coming back to it a couple days ago.

It’s kind of fun to get these peoples panties all twisted up and there are also those that support the non racist non discriminatory approach to life and don’t generalize up to wazoo.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.Jan.2019, 09:06 PM
Post #20

"That is why Islam is so utterly backward. "

I protest!!!

What a horrible thing to say!!!

Islamic women by law are now allowed to be told they are being divorced by text message...

We all know that text messaging was not available in 622.. laugh.gif
+
Bsmith
post 10.Jan.2019, 11:31 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 10.Jan.2019, 07:12 PM) *
Western values are and will shift. However, by its own decree, one of Christianity’s core beliefs is that the Bible is the word of god and not one word can be changed. That ... (show full quote)

The Christianity of today is radically different than the Christianity practiced even 100 years ago.

The same cannot be said of Islam.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.Jan.2019, 11:43 PM
Post #22

However "their" weapons are the most modern available...
+
Saywhatwhat
post 11.Jan.2019, 05:20 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 10.Jan.2019, 11:31 PM) *
The Christianity of today is radically different than the Christianity practiced even 100 years ago.. The same cannot be said of Islam.

Radically different, ey? Seems like they stick to a lot of old bullshit. Older than 100 years. But yea, there are modern groups as well.

And... believe... it... or... not... Islam is also quite different for more modern groups practicing it.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: