The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

News postings from "the Savage group"

What you need to know about Sweden, or not?

intrepidfox
post 24.Feb.2017, 04:52 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (akibobrob @ 24.Feb.2017, 04:36 PM) *
My point was that you complain about people moaning and groaning while defending the most depressingly negative poster on here.

As i pointed out, at least she posts topics and also replies to other posters. If she did not post, then this site would be dead again with only MV questions. If you look at most news sites inc SVT and TV4 news on the tv you will find that there is no information about how bad this once wonderful country has become. I age that she should not post 20 different posts but maybe one post with all the news instead would be better
Go to the top of the page
+
*akibobrob*
post 24.Feb.2017, 05:01 PM
Post #17

As you noticed I've been a member on the site for a while and actually hardly used the site for years because of the negativity of certain posters. The number of theeads that begin with people asking for advice only to be met with boring 'I hate Sweden' answers is just pathetic. Living in Sweden for most people bears no relation to the bleak picture that Savage and certain other posters like to paint. Back home in the UK I had no sympathy for the people who had chosen to come and live/work in the UK but could do nothing but moan about it. Now I live in Sweden I feel the same about the people who come to live/work here. No country is without problems. The stuff that Savage continuously posts happens everywhere. To be honest, if they've failed to find a decent standard of life in Sweden that's an indication of their own failings. Stop trying to blame everyone else. And if it really is as bad as you suggest, do something more proactive that post endless miserable links on a forum or go and live somewhere else.
+
Gjeebes
post 24.Feb.2017, 05:05 PM
Post #18

This is hilarious. Moaners and sunshine-rainbow types against posts containing information that paints Sweden in a non-flattering way now feel empowered, that their "voice" was heard after TL makes the move to - A DEDICATED CRIME SECTION!

Too funny. Nothing like compartmentalising all the juicy stuff into one, easily accessed, no-holds-barred stream to pacify all the cry babies!
+
Gjeebes
post 24.Feb.2017, 05:13 PM
Post #19

"akibobrob"

How does moaning about moaners, make you any different from the very moaners you moan on about?

And why do you feel somehow entitled to have a say in how TL operates. The internet is a big place, if you don't like TL, why not find something else that suits your fancy better?

How is expressing your disappointment in TL any different than another expressing their disappointment in their experience in Sweden?
+
intrepidfox
post 24.Feb.2017, 05:25 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (akibobrob @ 24.Feb.2017, 05:01 PM) *
Stop trying to blame everyone else. And if it really is as bad as you suggest, do something more proactive that post endless miserable links on a forum or go and live somewhere else.

I have lived here almost 30 years and have seen changes in Sweden which are bad. At least Savage posts reports which others are afraid of doing in case they are called racists. If you are afraid of the truth and reality then maybe you should move
+
Gjeebes
post 24.Feb.2017, 05:38 PM
Post #21

"If you are afraid of the truth and reality then maybe you should move..."

or maybe it just means it has become ever-so-ever Swedish?

Digs the lies more than the truth since the former makes for a more warm and fuzzy feeling...
+
yet another brit
post 24.Feb.2017, 05:54 PM
Post #22

I don't have a problem with rational discussion, where the ex-pat perspective can be interesting, and informative. There is certainly a real debate, and yes, the Swedish media follow a "Swedish" line (though not that this is a phenomenon unique to Sweden).

What I have found irritating is i) the sheer volume and ii) the lack of structured thought/evidence behind actual and implied assertions iii) a strident tone that reminds me too much of the Daily Mail et al...
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Feb.2017, 06:12 PM
Post #23

I love this place...you can always rely on us to "have at each other" when something is brought up as a question that was directed to a certain group of posters that have yet to participate in this discussion...

Waiting on "The Savage Group"...
+
Gjeebes
post 24.Feb.2017, 06:21 PM
Post #24

YAB, I get what you are saying, but...

This is the "internet". A not sooo long time ago, when it was still pretty new, I was taught, quite easily, to treat it with suspicion. That hasn't changed.

What has changed, is that people in general, especially the "snowflake" millennial gen, have forgotten that it is largely a "buyer-beware" experience...much much more so now, than when it began.

There is not a web source in existence, bar reputable scientific journals that existed well before this pig pen called the internet, that I would choose to get quality information from, that I "trust". Not even wikipedia is safe! Can be edited by anyone with whatever agenda.

Does one quality info much from Twitter? From FB? No. Total waste of time and electricity.

TL (other than it being a ploy tool for the Swedish gov't and associated data-miners) is like one of the endlessly new open source journals: no paper copy, no real readership, no quality control, and no "trustworthy" peer review. Its very clear.

If the internet is down, TL doesn't exist. If the power goes out, TL doesn't exist. DoS attack, ditto.

I think part of the problem here, for many, including yourself, is that you get brass, but become disappointed because you thought it'd be gold.

Can you dig it? I mean this respectfully, but I just don't get where such high expectations come from.
+
ChocOwl
post 24.Feb.2017, 07:37 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (The Local @ 24.Feb.2017, 10:33 AM) *
Good point, Johno. The "Crime reports" section is now excluded from the Today's active topics list.And Fred, I think it's pretty clear that the section name ... (show full quote)

When I click on todays active topics I see a list clogged with Savage's posts.
How do I avoid this?
+
yet another brit
post 24.Feb.2017, 08:25 PM
Post #26

Can you dig it? I mean this respectfully, but I just don't get where such high expectations come from.

Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe I just have unrealistic expectations.

And also maybe I get irritated seeing the country I respect, that has been good to me, that I have made my home and become a citizen of, being widely used as a whipping-boy to support a populist, and to me offensive, agenda in a different country. And, at that, a country that ought to be big enough to solve its own problems rather than diverting attention into imaginative interpretation of a tiny country in Northern Europe that has had the temerity to be objectively better at human development.
+
andy_fin
post 24.Feb.2017, 08:42 PM
Post #27

Huh i always assumed Savage was

http://www.thelocal.se/aboutus
James Savage
Strategy Director - @SavLocal
James formerly headed up our European editorial team and is now our strategy director. Originally from Lincolnshire, England, he moved to Sweden in 2003 where he met Paul Rapacioli and they started The Local. He has also lived in London and Paris.
+
intrepidfox
post 24.Feb.2017, 08:53 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (andy_fin @ 24.Feb.2017, 08:42 PM) *
Huh i always assumed Savage was http://www.thelocal.se/aboutusJames SavageStrategy Director - @SavLocalJames formerly headed up our European editorial team and is now our stra ... (show full quote)

Maddy Savage. Very cute as well
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Feb.2017, 08:59 PM
Post #29

Expectations???

TheLocal forum, is only an instrument that allows users to engage each other in discussion that can be fun,interesting or controversial, etc...

All I expect from TheLocal is the services that allow me to participate here...

My expectations are limited to the possibility of a bit of a lark and learning something new from my fellow posters...
+
Gjeebes
post 24.Feb.2017, 09:02 PM
Post #30

"...a tiny country in Northern Europe that has had the temerity to be objectively better at human development"

Really? Like overloading its system due to smug self-righteousness, its idiotic incapability of something called "organisation" and "planning", for a self-indulgent play on the world stage, in the name of [artificial] "humanitarian superiority", which now has people who genuinely are in need of help (and I do not mean the assholes abusing/exploiting their system), who are now killing themselves (with some only unsuccessfully attempting to) after waiting [going on] 2 years, living in conditions you yourself would certainly not accept, for nothing? Gimme a break. Time to take off the rose coloureds eh?

Sweden's stupidity is only outranked by its arrogance. There are actually people here, "real" kids, whom have seen unspeakable acts of violence and mayhem done to their mothers, fathers, wee siblings, in their home countries, whom have been given nothing but grief by the untrained apes Sweden has assigned for their "well-being". Some of them have killed the very people trying to kill them, in their home countries, just to survive...and some have saved pictures on their phones, that they took, of their murdered loved-ones, right after attacks...dust was still settling...have they received help they REALLY need? Has Sweden put support networks in place for them? Does Sweden have any clue what it is doing? The rich country? Hardly. Milk, cookies and hugs don't quite cut it. Has Sweden spent half the effort on them, as it has on faking its precious international image?

Humanitarian superpower? What a fucking JOKE. Sweden should be ashamed rather than constantly patting itself on the back, for how it has handled this whole affair.

Maybe instead of MV keeping ocean liners in dock, empty, for months at a time, costing MILLIONS (for nothing), they could have instead hired REAL people with the skill sets to really offer the aid so desperately required [for instance]?

And greedy bastards buying properties just to rent to MV, for 10 times the actual rent?
+

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: