The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

This forum sucks

Do you think it's time for change

Bsmith
post 19.Feb.2018, 12:26 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (gsurya @ 19.Feb.2018, 09:24 AM) *
Agree, if all those hate filled trolls who fill up each thread with whining, racism, insults and abuse leave this forum for another one where only their type posts, both the f ... (show full quote)

You leaving?
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 19.Feb.2018, 05:35 PM
Post #17

I left this place too, but it's like an accident that you don't want to look at...but you do!!!

It's also a place to observe human nature, I love to see those that when someone questions their posts and ideas attacks them personally, instead of their words, that's quite common here...And then there are those that question your right to be here because you have disagreed with them!!!

And then there are the ones that post nothing but bad things about Sweden, multiple times daily...I pity them because they cannot accept the life they created for themselves and blame Sweden for it...

I could say more but you get the idea...

But where to go??? TheLocal is one of a kind!!!

"Aye, there's the rub"...
+
intrepidfox
post 19.Feb.2018, 07:51 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 19.Feb.2018, 10:37 AM) *
If long time posters don’t like it then I don’t understand why they can’t start a thread of their interest... like I did. I decided to start a thread about cannabis and ... (show full quote)

I have tried to start interesting posts but it all comes back to posters concerning immigration again

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 19.Feb.2018, 05:35 PM) *
I left this place too, but it's like an accident that you don't want to look at...but you do!!!It's also a place to observe human nature, I love to see ... (show full quote)

Sorry GH. When you have lived in Sweden you will be taken seriously. America is not Sweden
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 19.Feb.2018, 08:32 PM
Post #19

Me, serious??? rolleyes.gif

Only I know when I am!!! laugh.gif
+
Bsmith
post 19.Feb.2018, 10:11 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 19.Feb.2018, 06:51 PM) *
America is not Sweden

And Sweden is not America...but so many newcomers think that it is.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 19.Feb.2018, 10:31 PM
Post #21

Doesn't everyone know that Sweden is the country known for their clocks, chocolate and harsh immigration policies???
+
Bsmith
post 20.Feb.2018, 12:12 AM
Post #22

and meatballs.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Feb.2018, 12:24 AM
Post #23

Killjoy!!!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Feb.2018, 04:08 AM
Post #24

There have been a few attempts to create new forums a la TheLocal and they were not successful...

A new "ex-pat" only forum would have a limited membership and would rule out those with a legitimate and varied interest in discussions about Sweden...

The other block to a successful forum is something to offer besides commenting on what others post, what else do you propose to attract new "customers"???

And let's face it, TheLocal is famous for its population of those not happy with their lot in Sweden and only complain about how terrible the Swedes really are, and I should never have come here...

And then there will be people that defend Sweden causing the ongoing dustup that keeps TheLocal in business!!!

After a while, if you are successful your forum will be filled with complaints like TheLocal is experiencing now...

And did not TheLocal start out like you are now suggesting???

I would be on your side if you started a forum that did not fault the Swedish peoples and their culture as misunderstood by newcomers...

Good luck to you and your first member(who thinks I have been here too long)...
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 28.Feb.2018, 01:59 AM
Post #25

In order to create new interest here, I would like to again suggest a sports forum, after all the world cup is almost here and possibly a few comments on the games would be welcome... unsure.gif

The new ex-pat forum is very quiet, it seems TheLocal is like the weather, everyone complains about it, but does nothing to change it... sad.gif
+
Uncle Fred
post 28.Feb.2018, 07:35 AM
Post #26

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 28.Feb.2018, 01:59 AM) *
In order to create new interest here, I would like to again suggest a sports forum, after all the world cup is almost here and possibly a few comments on the games would be we ... (show full quote)

Then here's an opportunity for you to join up and start the 2018 World Cup thread on the new forum.

http://expats-in-sweden.boards.net/

Time to dump this visas, student, troll and pay to read second hand news site.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: