The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Kalix and living in Kalix

Just interested...

*graycell*
post 17.Jun.2012, 10:28 PM
Post #1

I know a bit about Luleå from reading through posts here, but I'd like to know more about Kalix. What amenities are there? (not expecting a lot btw). For both Luleå and Kalix what are the job markets like? What jobs become available more than others? thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+
gplusa
post 17.Jun.2012, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Kalix has had a bit of a growth spurt in the past few years and is likely to expand even further once the new Pajala and Viscaria mines take off. Mining, transportation, and the associated industries are likely to be the main future employment openings. Possibly construction also. It's a 30 minute drive from the big Ikea store in Haparanda, which has probably contributed to it's recent popularity. Has some nice housing areas. I did some work in Kalix last year looking at the heating system network into some housing areas, so I got to know it quite well. It's got quite good schools by all accounts, and a couple of reasonably sized shopping centres with well known chain stores. They opened up a new solar heated swimming pool complex last year which is quite flash. It's no city but it's quite a nice self contained community.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: