The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Jobs in Umeå - Advice?

Fluent in English, basic Swedish ability.

*Winterwolf7*
post 11.Jan.2013, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I am 21 years old, originally from Scotland and I moved to Umeå because my girlfriend stays here. I arrived here in the late part of last year and I am desperately in need of a job in order to stay here. I am currently staying with my girlfriend and her mother but as you can imagine, it isn't the most ideal situation.

I have applied to numerous jobs online such as 3 cleaning jobs and an international sales position. I have also handed out written CV's(in Swedish) to many businesses in town manually. I haven't heard back from anyone.

I have good qualifications(no degrees or such) and I am learning more Swedish on a consistent basis.

I am asking for advice and help, perhaps someone here knows of a job I could apply for or something?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
w i l l
post 22.Jun.2013, 03:31 PM
Post #2

If you build me an insulated cabin (with wi-fi? hmmm), 5 miles out of Umeå on some plot of land where I can be elusive for 2 years, I'll pay you a couple of grand.
+
rachel.nz
post 23.Aug.2013, 04:25 PM
Post #3

Heya, how's the job hunt been going? Any success yet? I'll be moving up to Umeå next week, and have already applied for maybe a dozen jobs online. Not really in a hurry to find a permanent job as I want to get right into SFI for a while, but still, income would be fantastic, so if you have any advice or suggestions let me know? smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: