The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Foreign Civil Engineer seeking a job in Sweden

Job seeker

ashraf_mamdouh_@hotmail.c...
post 4.Jun.2014, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Hi Everybody ,

My name is Ashraf and iam from Egypt.Iam currently working and residing in Qatar.I have a bachelor Degree in Construction and Building Engineering.I have four years of experience as a Civil Engineer.
Can anyone please tip me about the best way to find a job in Sweden in my field of expertise.
I speak fluent English and I have scored 6.5 in IELTS general training test , I also have a bit knowledge of German.
What are my chances to find a job in Sweden and where to begin my search ? Your help is highly appreciated.Thank you.
Go to the top of the page
+
gplusa
post 5.Jun.2014, 06:19 PM
Post #2

If it will stop the multiple postings, I'll answer. If you want to work as an engineer in Sweden, you will need to be able to speak Swedish. Swedish is the working language in the engineering industry in Sweden. Not English or German, Swedish.

If you can prove that you are competent in bridge or roading design then you should be able to pick up employment with any of the large consultancies. But you have to be able to speak at least some Swedish.
+
Somebody
post 6.Jun.2014, 11:20 PM
Post #3

That's not true. I got a job with no Swedish and know a few people who also did.
One condition. You have to have experience the need.

I heard from a friend that Norconsult in Gothenburg are looking for Senior Structural/Civil Engineers.
You do not have to speak Swedish as long as you do not want to be a Project Manager (UA).
give it a go!

http://jobb.norconsult.se/AgdaRekryt/
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: