The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
77 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »    Reply to this topic

Applications - Autumn 2018

Merit Ratings and Status Update

kai
post 26.Feb.2018, 10:49 PM
Post #271

QUOTE (bat @ 26.Feb.2018, 08:28 PM) *
On the topic of what country everyone is from, what are you guys currently doing for work? Are you guys still undergraduate students or are you working in your countries?I gra ... (show full quote)

Graduated in 2012 and have been working in government ever since!
Go to the top of the page
+
chenshifei
post 27.Feb.2018, 02:54 AM
Post #272

QUOTE (bat @ 27.Feb.2018, 03:28 AM) *
On the topic of what country everyone is from, what are you guys currently doing for work? Are you guys still undergraduate students or are you working in your countries?I gra ... (show full quote)

Same story here
+
Adnan1811
post 27.Feb.2018, 06:26 AM
Post #273

QUOTE (bat @ 26.Feb.2018, 08:28 PM) *

Took almost 6 years to complete my undergrad as i was involved in a full time managerial job at a insurance company. So in that sense, almost a fresh graduate yet worked full time for almost 4 years smile.gif
+
Anbousi
post 27.Feb.2018, 08:45 AM
Post #274

I am electrical engineer with seven years experience including leadership tasks,as government job in healthcare sector,hoping to do master of medical engineering. PHD is also part of my plan.
+
KingZi
post 27.Feb.2018, 01:18 PM
Post #275

It's amazing to see so many people from several disciples, industries, and walks of life.

Not only that but to have this forum thread to share this journey with all of you.

We are at the gates of March were at the end of that month, most of us will realize their results.

I wish you all the best not only in your admission results but in your aspirations as well.

Cheers,

Zi
+
chenshifei
post 27.Feb.2018, 01:50 PM
Post #276

QUOTE (KingZi @ 27.Feb.2018, 08:18 PM) *
It's amazing to see so many people from several disciples, industries, and walks of life.Not only that but to have this forum thread to share this journey with all of you. ... (show full quote)

Thank you Zi for being so warm and positive all the way. Wish you all the best too!
+
Adnan1811
post 27.Feb.2018, 02:38 PM
Post #277

QUOTE (KingZi @ 27.Feb.2018, 01:18 PM) *
It's amazing to see so many people from several disciples, industries, and walks of life.Not only that but to have this forum thread to share this journey with all of you. ... (show full quote)

Thnx Zi biggrin.gif. bt i guess i will be broken heart if i dont make it to Sweden. sad.gif
+
fiefiea
post 27.Feb.2018, 04:03 PM
Post #278

Hello!

After having an interview last week, I just got an update from Chalmers that I'm on the waiting list for its Master in Entrepreneurship programme, which is my 1st priority. The email mentioned that I'm number one on the waiting list (I wonder if everyone on the waiting list gets the same "number one" on their emails). Anyway, the final decision will be informed by Friday, 2 March 2018. Let's see how it will go!

In the meantime, I got QUALIFIED with the rating of 180 out of max 225 for my 3rd priority, Uni of Gothenburg for Master in Knowledge-based Entrepreneurship programme. I'm under AP category, which means I won't submit any GMAT or GRE result. So, I have no idea of my chance with this rating in this category.

Just want to share with my fellow fighters here! smile.gif wink.gif
+
fiefiea
post 27.Feb.2018, 04:23 PM
Post #279

QUOTE (fiefiea @ 27.Feb.2018, 04:03 PM) *
Hello!After having an interview last week, I just got an update from Chalmers that I'm on the waiting list for its Master in Entrepreneurship programme, which is my 1s ... (show full quote)

I'm quoting myself, ha! biggrin.gif

I have a question, if let say, I get a spot in Chalmers, would it still be possible for me to drop that offer and go with Gothenburg instead?

Appreciate your comments! Thanks.
+
bat
post 27.Feb.2018, 06:24 PM
Post #280

QUOTE (fiefiea @ 27.Feb.2018, 07:23 AM) *
I'm quoting myself, ha! I have a question, if let say, I get a spot in Chalmers, would it still be possible for me to drop that offer and go with Gothenburg instead? A ... (show full quote)

Unfortunately there is no way to do this. If you get admitted to one program all other programs are automatically void.
+
FarahM
post 27.Feb.2018, 06:36 PM
Post #281

What if I get admitted to my fourth choice. Does it mean that my first choice won't consider my application?
+
Billie
post 27.Feb.2018, 07:44 PM
Post #282

QUOTE (FarahM @ 27.Feb.2018, 08:36 PM) *
What if I get admitted to my fourth choice. Does it mean that my first choice won't consider my application?

Hi, no it doesn't work like that.
As far as I know, all of your choices consider your application, then they mark you as admitted, reserved or rejected. If your 1st choice mark you as admitted your 2nd, 3rd and 4th choices will be deleted. If your 1st choice mark you as rejeceted and 2nd choice mark you as admitted then 3rd and 4th choices will be deleted.

So it doesnt' matter if you're already admitted to one program, the others will still consider your application. You will get into the highest ranked one which admits you and the others will be deleted.
+
Anbousi
post 27.Feb.2018, 07:47 PM
Post #283

Any Idea why KTH take long time processing Master applications?
+
kenzo
post 27.Feb.2018, 08:42 PM
Post #284

Hi guys smile.gif

I'm happy that I've found the forum! I think it's a great place to help each other with regards to the applications.

I've applied for a Master in Gothenburg and have now received "Qualified" as well as a merit rating. It says: "Your merit rating in this selection group is: 180 of a maximum 225"

Does anyone know what this means and if the merit rating can still change?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers
kenzo
+
biswajit
post 27.Feb.2018, 09:13 PM
Post #285

QUOTE (fiefiea @ 27.Feb.2018, 08:53 PM) *
I'm quoting myself, ha! I have a question, if let say, I get a spot in Chalmers, would it still be possible for me to drop that offer and go with Gothenburg instead? A ... (show full quote)

Hey FieFiea, That's a bit skeptical to explain but here goes : you are now in the waiting list of Chalmers and let's say you got an admit to Gothenburg which is ur 2nd choice then ur below choices will be voided. And then if you get selected at Chalmers afterwards your admit to Gothenburg will not be voided unless you accept the offer in chalmers. So basically now u have 2 choices.
And yes if ur waiting list number is 1 u have got a gr8 chance there ...All the best smile.gif
+

77 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: