The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Sim card without contract

Nano sim for iphone mobile provider top up

*jackstrong*
post 22.Aug.2014, 09:09 AM
Post #1

Hi,
The most of topics about sim cards are very old so that's am asking is there something new in this filed.
In few days I am going to live in Stockholm for one year and want to get good mobile provider with good packages.
I need something with talk and text package with minimum 1 GB of data. I found that Lycamobile is offering for about 200kr something like this is there anything better ? Is it easy to get free nano sim in Stockholm or Skavasta airport ?
BR,
Jack
Go to the top of the page
+
Hallander
post 22.Aug.2014, 09:23 AM
Post #2

If you have a Swedish Personnummer you can get a free sim posted to you. As a tourist a sim will cost circa 100kr from eg Pressbyr?n, a shop you find at airports and train stations. There is one at Skavsta outside the security area. Packs are for "kontantkort" http://www.pressbyran.se/Tjanster/Tjanster...ik/kontantkort/ and you will see they have Comviq, Telia, Halebop, Telenor and Tre. Paste the text into Google translate and all will become clear.
+
Gevalia
post 17.Sep.2015, 01:33 PM
Post #3

I have a Swedish Personnummer - how would I go about getting a free sim card posted to me?
+
ChocOwl
post 17.Sep.2015, 01:56 PM
Post #4

If you want Telia:
http://www.telia.se/privat/telefoni/kontan...tantkort_refill
Comviq:
http://webbutik.comviq.se/kontantkort.html...CFeIAcwodq6IGfg

Try googling "gratis simkort"
+
Hallander
post 17.Sep.2015, 03:41 PM
Post #5

Comviq card free at Teknik Magasinet store when you purchase a top up eg Fastpris Mini as I did just 3 months ago. The advt is confusing when it says Startpaket 0kr, then 29:- in bold. But I found that with the top up purchase (wanted anyway to start using it) I only payed for the Fastpris Mini. Actually they called it Startpris 95 then but thats the new name. Oh, and the sim was an all size sim, push out to mini, macro or nano as you want. I chose to go to them as they were apparently cheapest as an in-store purchase at 29kr but it was actually free. Very happy !

Vi skickar alltid ut ett s? kallat Trippel-SIM som ?r ett kort byggt p? tre-i-ett (det inneh?ller tre olika storlekar p? SIM-kort; Standard SIM, Micro SIM och Nano SIM) och passar till alla mobiler. Du trycker enkelt ut den storlek som passar till just din mobil.
+
*kridine*
post 17.Sep.2015, 08:25 PM
Post #6

I highly recommend Vimla (they use Telenor's network). They are all over train station signboards around stockholm.

They are cheap, straight forward, fuss free. There are no hidden fees, no start up fee, no cancellation fee, and no minimum period of being with them. I signed up with them easily online, chose the calls,sms and data that suited me best, and they sent the 3-in-1 sim card to me for free within a few days with clear instructions. They don't have a call center but they are prompt with their replies online, they helped me move my number over from another telco and changed names easily and for free.

Their lowest package is 100kr/month for 60calls, 600sms/mms, 1GB data, and they are having a 50% off now for the first 3 months. You get 10kr/month for as long as you use that sim card if you go through my referral link: https://vimla.se/?201508120605330889

I hope this helped!
+
JeremyH
post 18.Sep.2015, 10:13 AM
Post #7

I, myself, use Comviq. They have a new package called 'Fastprice Mini
+
JeremyH
post 18.Sep.2015, 10:17 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Hallander @ 22.Aug.2014, 10:23 AM) *
If you have a Swedish Personnummer you can get a free sim posted to you. As a tourist a sim will cost circa 100kr from eg Pressbyr?n, a shop you find at airports and train st ... (show full quote)

When I was here as a tourist a few months ago I am pretty sure I bought a Comviq card for 100Kr but it had 100Kr credit on it too. Last week I had to buy a new sim card as I now have a phone which requires a Nano and I paid the same price for a blank sim card sad.gif. I see people on the street handing out packages for some phone carriers - are they giving out free sim cards or is it just information packs?
+
*Reet*
post 2.Oct.2015, 10:06 AM
Post #9

I recently moved to Stockholm and had no PN so just went into Telnor and got a prepaid card. I bought the 99Kr/31 days (unlimited calls/SMS (Sweden only), 0,1gb data) to try it out. See: http://www.telenor.se/privat/mobil-telefon...t/fastpris.html. After it expired, I decided to go for the 699Kr (unlimited calls/SMS (Sweden only), 2Gb/month) and it lasts for 6 months.

You can recharge in-store or online but with a credit card only. Easy peasey! You need to ensure your phone is unlatched from your original contracted network first - mine was with O2 in the UK and it was free to do this. Hope this helps.
+
Johno
post 5.Aug.2017, 10:00 AM
Post #10

Anyone now without a personnummer wanting a sim card that can be used both inside and outside Sweden ie with roaming included, will now find it a lot more expensive . My own need is for a sim to use a mobile normally inside Sweden and to get occasional calls and texts when outside Sweden. For Comviq for example if already a registered customer it appears a Fastpris contract is the only way. Not cheap.

My searchings indicates that Lycamobile offers the cheapest packages with roaming included, where you can register without a personnummer. Does anyone know of a better deal ?
+
Johno
post 8.Aug.2017, 01:18 PM
Post #11

Thanks for the reply. I have a sim from vectonemodile ordered which hasn't come yet. But checking out their plans, too many seem not to include roaming. You seem to need to keep topping up on the pricier plans every 30 days to keep roaming live, though I haven't completely grasped the fine print.

Looking at lycamobile as well as their roaming seems to apply on all plans. Anyone with them ?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: