The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Seeking family lawyer

To help with split custody

post 30.Aug.2013, 02:11 PM
Post #1
Joined: 24.Jun.2007


Can anyone recommend a good family lawyer to help with split custody, when the parents cant agree?

Go to the top of the page
post 4.Sep.2013, 09:29 AM
Post #2
Joined: 13.Dec.2012

I need the same if anyone can help sad.gif
Go to the top of the page
post 4.Sep.2013, 10:38 AM
Post #3
Joined: 4.Jul.2009

It would be very useful if you stated your location!
Go to the top of the page
post 4.Sep.2013, 11:38 AM
Post #4

most Swedish lawyers are for money than working for you. They might tell you at the beginning that they have full confidence to win the case for you but at the end, they will not be responsible to any result. Usually , those lawyers have several cases in hand and often that they will meet the same judge for different cases. What will happen is: the lawyers are trying to please the judge instead of fighting for your right. There is no use to appeal or report the judge of being unfair. There is no any supervision of the judge at all ( well, there are several orgs e.g JO, but as far as know, almost no any use to file a complaint to them if you are a foreigner against a Swedish government. you should be careful. Discrimination exists in Sweden for the custody case. however, Swedish law allows one parent to cancel the child's passport, so the child will have to stay in Sweden. This law is of course unfair to the foreign parent.
The socialtjänsten or familjensrätten or other Swedish authorities will mostly on the Swedish origin's side, so be careful when talking to them. They might even change your words into negative way and make a report which is not good for you. Ask them for a copy of what they recorded of your words and correct the negative words of you.

To face this kind of situation, it is better if you have prepared for the divorce or separation and for the child's nationality. You should check your own country's law about the child's nationality and insist on the child's nationality should be your own country's than a Swedish nationality. You should avoid to fight for the custody in Sweden, so you should register the marriage in your own country and tries to go to the court there for instance.

Another suggestion is to seek for help from your own Embassy to see whether they can help.

The final thing you can do if you are treated unfairly, you should publish all the stories to the public and let people know.

All of above suggestions are based on many cases I know which one of the parents were foreigners.

UN has criticized Sweden for discrimination. Several countries also criticized Sweden of being unfair for the custody cases.

sorry, can't really recommend any good family lawyer
Go to the top of the page
post 25.Sep.2013, 06:05 PM
Post #5

I agree your point
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: