The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Doubts regarding approved Work permit

Clarifications and help needed please!

vin55
post 3.Nov.2019, 04:06 AM
Post #1

Hi, I am living in Sweden for 3 years now. I have got a Job in a company in January this year. previously i was on a student visa until the end of January 2019.
I started working from Mid February.
Now, there are situations that i was in a doubt for quite long and didn't know whom to approach for all these questions. Finally found this blog that i thought might be helpful.

My present Situation:
I am working in the company for 9 months now. At the time of offer, my employer started my work permit from 1st of March 2019. But i have already started working from 18 th february 2019, when my work permit decision was pending.
I was approved work permit on 22 nd february 2019 that started from 1st March 2019 that expires in 2 years.
My employer posted the job on linkedin website but not on Arbetsförmedlingen. and also im working as a software developer for the Subsidary company( startup ) of the company that i was hired to ( my salary, taxes, insurance everything will be paid by the main company but i am working on projects related to the subsidary company). Today i came across some post in the local related to my sitaution.
My questions:
1. Can i Start working for the company even before my work permit date started? ( started working 18th of february, Work permit date started 1st of March).
2. The Job Posting was on linkedin only but i was approved the work permit for now.( any problems in the future extensions?)
3. Working for the subsidary company of the main company that was mentioned on the Work permit application( any Problems in future extensions?)
can i get clear with my present questions that were revolving in my mind from past few months? (If problem any solutions?)
Go to the top of the page
+
Family_permit
post 3.Nov.2019, 07:01 AM
Post #2

1. There is a list of jobs in which you can start working before you get a decision from Migrationsverket. However, the jobs needs to be advertised at that time before you start working on Arbetsformedligen.
2. Yes, I’m the future they will ask you to provide a link of the job ad OR future case officer will see that the job was not advertised on EURESJOBS website (I.e. arbetsformedligen).
You should check in the first decision letter what did they comment about the job: there is usually a point which says: the job has been advertised on Arbetsformedligen for longer than 10 days or so).
3. They are very careful with this: if the company A with number 112233 offered you a job - they want to see that you are getting money from a company with number 112233. If they see that you are getting paid by a company with number 445566 they will reject your application.

This is what I have been saying in my previous posts - Sweden will “look through fingers” when you apply for WP for the first time or even second time but when the time comes for PUT they will throw you out. They like to take tax money from young people (especially in IT) because they get smart people for relatively low money.
You are happy because you are working in Sweden but then after several years they point out these things and kick you out. They got cheap labor + tax money and you are left with nothing and forced to leave for your home country like some criminal.
+
vin55
post 3.Nov.2019, 01:14 PM
Post #3

Thank you so much for the reply smile.gif family_permit
There is a list of jobs in which you can start working before you get a decision from Migrationsverket. However, the jobs needs to be advertised at that time before you start working on Arbetsformedligen.

I get that thanks but can i start to work even before my actual work permit date starts since i have no visa until 1st of March and my student permit expired in the end of January so even if my work permit is in appplied status it was approved on February 22nd that will start from 1st of March and I'm still here working from 22 nd of February to 28th of February without any visa.
Yes, I’m the future they will ask you to provide a link of the job ad OR future case officer will see that the job was not advertised on EURESJOBS website (I.e. arbetsformedligen).

If they didnt do it at that time do we have an option of correcting it right now?
+
rvarva
post 3.Nov.2019, 09:01 PM
Post #4

Hi,
I think the students are exempt from advertising the job because they were in Sweden when they were looking for the job. I had a student visa and I changed it to the work permit visa and the job was advertised by that time but I remember that it wasn’t needed for the students. By the way you can send an email to migration office and ask them about it to be sure. Don’t forget to mention that you have changed your visa from student to work permit visa.
Good luck
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: