The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Puffin steps down as a Mod

Just to let you all know

Puffin
post 15.Mar.2012, 09:14 PM
Post #1

Just to let everyone know that I have stepped down as a Mod having been one since the poster-Mod system started

I am not sure what the plan is at the moment or whether new official Mods will be appointed

So if you have some complaints ... you don't contact me anymore biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Miss Kitten
post 15.Mar.2012, 09:28 PM
Post #2

I'm very sorry to see you go, Puffs.

All complaints may now be addressed to me. Maybe I'll do something about them if I feel like it. smile.gif
+
BillyB
post 15.Mar.2012, 10:24 PM
Post #3

Are you going to become a Rocker now?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 15.Mar.2012, 11:43 PM
Post #4

laugh.gif

Better that than a "Teddy Boy"!
+
Rick Methven
post 16.Mar.2012, 10:45 AM
Post #5

I see from Prince Harry's trip to the Caribbean that blue sued shoes are back in fashion
+
rtharper
post 16.Mar.2012, 10:51 AM
Post #6

NOOOOOO!

Well, thank you for the time and effort you have put in, Puffin =)

Will we at least get to benefit from your infinite wisdom?
+
entry
post 16.Mar.2012, 03:12 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Puffin @ 15.Mar.2012, 09:14 PM) *
Just to let everyone know that I have stepped down as a Mod having been one since the poster-Mod system startedI am not sure what the plan is at the moment or whether new offi ... (show full quote)

Puffin, your choice of continuing to be a poster here concerns me most. You add greatly to the positive side of the balance sheet in my ledger with regards to thelocal user community. You have always, throughout the years been quick to respond to a genuine request for help with direction and insight that few can or would be willing to offer. I have personally benefited from your participation and I am not going out on a limb by stating that many, many others benefit by your participation.

-most sincerely Paul
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Mar.2012, 04:25 PM
Post #8

Paul, is spot on.

Puffin has always come through for those that need assistance and advice.

The Local would be a sad place without her.

GH
+
Nemesis
post 16.Mar.2012, 11:31 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Puffin @ 15.Mar.2012, 10:14 PM) *
Just to let everyone know that I have stepped down as a Mod having been one since the poster-Mod system startedI am not sure what the plan is at the moment or whether new offi ... (show full quote)

You leaving will most likely switch mods towards the negative, the unhelpful and towards the reactionary.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Mar.2012, 11:59 PM
Post #10

How much does a "Mod" make...are there any side perks, car, credit card, free lunch, etc.?
+
entry
post 17.Mar.2012, 12:25 AM
Post #11

GH, I was under the impression that the position was volunteer/frivillig and that all the piss, vinegar and crap that the user community gave them they could keep for themselves.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Mar.2012, 12:58 AM
Post #12

Never mind! laugh.gif
+
entry
post 17.Mar.2012, 01:37 AM
Post #13

Hey GH my beliefs could be very well be wrong! Time and time again good people like yourself on this user forum have explained to me that things are different than they appear to me.

In a case where I was unsure, I would consider contacting a cherished and trusted moderator and the first person that would come to my mind to answer a question like that would be 'Puffin' the former moderator here at thelocal user forum.

Now what do we do? -Paul
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Mar.2012, 02:37 AM
Post #14

Maybe we could offer a raise in praise for her efforts as moderator and maybe she would come back and then we could ask her?

Or am I oversimplifying things?
+
Rick Methven
post 17.Mar.2012, 10:30 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 16.Mar.2012, 11:59 PM) *
How much does a "Mod" make...are there any side perks, car, credit card, free lunch, etc.?

SFA is the answer.

A labour of love that only opens you up to abuse. You will always be damned by somebody for your actions however balanced they may be. Nemesis complaining about a long post of job sites world wide being deleted above for example

Added to that on this site there is a zero backup from the Admin of The Local. They are all to busy writing lurid misleading headlines on the News section to increase traffic and make more money to bother with this discussion forum.

I suspect that we the members of the discussion forum are just something that is tolerated and kept for historical reasons. It was us who kept the whole of TL going over the years and they needed our support. Nowadays a lurid headline of a story is on google within seconds of being published and the click through's start rolling in.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: