The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

Login problems with TL

Cookies and Chrome

Shibumi
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:51 AM
Post #16

I just attempted to post a comment on a news article and now it seems that all of the previous comments for the article have disappeared. Or at least, I can no longer see them... dunno if anyone else can. This is the piece http://www.thelocal.se/44624/20121123/ and it had 6 or 7 comments half an hour ago.
Go to the top of the page
+
Shibumi
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:55 AM
Post #17

EDIT
When I log out, I can see the comments. When I just tried to edit my comment directly above this one, the "Edit" button doesn't work.

Apparently, neither shame nor professional pride carry much weight with The Local staff... I wonder what does.
+
Hede
post 29.Nov.2012, 11:00 AM
Post #18

change the browser , I couldnt log in with Firefox but I did with Chrome.
+
Shibumi
post 29.Nov.2012, 11:26 AM
Post #19

Nope. I am not installing a third browser just for The Local... nor should I be expected to. This is piss-poor product management and service from The Local. At some point, the frustration I feel with the log-in and other technical issues will outweigh the perceived value, and I will simply stop visiting this site.
+
HannahSwain
post 29.Nov.2012, 12:18 PM
Post #20

I've solved it before by opening an incognito session of Chrome (ctrl + shift + N) - but seriously, seriously annoying when it happens.
+
StephenR
post 29.Nov.2012, 01:36 PM
Post #21

Same here. Happens constantly.

Has anyone else come across the fact that if they try to add a reply, are forced to log in again and when they eventually can post, there's often a previous quoted post (from when they were forced to sign in previously) in their text box?
+
Puffin
post 29.Nov.2012, 01:56 PM
Post #22

I am totally shut out of the news site now - even when I log-out an log-in again before posting each time
+
Gordy
post 29.Nov.2012, 02:05 PM
Post #23

Puffin, try opening an incognito widow as Hannah has suggested, early days but it seems to be working better for me.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Nov.2012, 03:04 PM
Post #24

To those using Chrome...please read my previous post #10...It solved my problems and may help you...it's worth a try...No?
+
Puffin
post 29.Nov.2012, 03:12 PM
Post #25

Nope Crome not working for me either - it still says "server fel" everytime I try and post
+
Svensksmith
post 29.Nov.2012, 03:20 PM
Post #26

I get the same message, but the post appears a few minutes later. Log in problems are usually fixed after I clear my internet cache. There is obviously some problem but TL doesn't seem to be able to correct it or doesn't care enough to bother.
+
Snood
post 29.Nov.2012, 03:23 PM
Post #27

the edit button does not work for me any more. although it does if i open the edit link in a new tab... come on TL... pull your finger out.
+
Hisingen
post 29.Nov.2012, 09:25 PM
Post #28

The damned lazy bar stewards don't bother to even read anything that we put regarding their total nonchalance. The site is going to the dogs, and it has nothing to do with our 'loaded' comments. There seems to be no way that the idiots 'in charge' can be contacted to inform them of the state of the site.
It's enough to make you want to spit - - - - -
It won't be long before the lack of a Moderator is more than apparent as the language used in complaining about the lack of response gets steadily heated and 'vocal on the .local'.
We are all getting the same errors, so it is definitely not an individual fault, but a collective error based on the local - and no apologies for not using capital letters for the name. They have got to re-earn that courtesy.
Is there no way by which we can get together and bombard them with e-mails causing blockage and a Denial of Service thereafter???
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:16 PM
Post #29

To the barricades...revolution is upon us...or not!

What can you do when you are not a "consumer" so to speak?

If TheLocal needed our money, things would change...they rely...I guess on adverts to keep alive...is there a way to block them so they don't show? Can we stop "clicking" on them so they don't show as read?

Maybe for Christmas or the new year they will do the right thing.
+
Taxalien
post 29.Nov.2012, 11:01 PM
Post #30

The local is going down the toilet, tech wise.

I've stopped commenting on front page articles. I've found that not a single comment gets logged.

You either get a blank page or a page saying that you've used some inappropriate word (which is very puzzling) and there is no going back. The comment is lost.

Now I've noticed that I can't edit posts after posting them.

I am wondering where the list will end.
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: