The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Why the two different reply systems on the local?

The forum and the news reply system.

Ivor stephé
post 30.Sep.2013, 10:56 AM
Post #1

Curious as to why The Local doesn't use the forum to discuss the news reported but chooses another type of registered news reply service ("disqus") on its news items?

If news stories came up as threads in the Swedish news section of this forum along with the replies generated. It would get more people talking about items relating to Swedish news and help non Swedish speakers integrate and understand issues relating to where they live.

I would also like to suggest the ability of renaming of thread titles by other than the author to be revoked.
As it only leads to certain members defacing threads as a form of vengeance. If titles of threads should be changed, either the author or those in charge should be able to do so.
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 30.Sep.2013, 11:00 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 30.Sep.2013, 10:56 AM) *
If titles of threads should be changed, either the author or those in charge should be able to do so.

You can. Just use the edit title link and change the title back
+
Ivor stephé
post 30.Sep.2013, 11:11 AM
Post #3

Only for it to be defaced again often by the same offenders multiple times.
Or for the same offender to do the same thing to other threads, over and over again without any consequence.

Any user who hasn't been registered for a certain amount of time, either doesn't know about this or is not allowed to change it back because they haven't been registered for long enough. This type of behaviour thats been seen isn't going to encourage new members is it?

At the moment its a club for a select few old farts, who don't have anything much to add to topics but don't want others from making threads they don't approve of.

Its like lord of the flies in here.
+
Johno
post 30.Sep.2013, 12:15 PM
Post #4

I would also like to suggest the ability of renaming of thread titles by other than the author to be revoked.

IMHO doing it once is fair game on here, multiple times is not. If its my recent activity that got you going, I am unrepentant. The content there and presentation seemed off track to me - feel free to disagree.

At the moment its a club for a select few old farts, who don't have anything much to add to topics but don't want others from making threads they don't approve of.

Not fully understood, but are you an old fart or a juvenile on here? Its one or the other judging from the time you have on your hands. Otherwise its the taking part that counts, this forum is dead enough these days..

+
intrepidfox
post 30.Sep.2013, 01:57 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Johno @ 30.Sep.2013, 12:15 PM) *
IMHO doing it once is fair game on here, multiple times is not. If its my recent activity that got you going, I am unrepentant. The content there and presentation seemed off t ... (show full quote)

Going back to another thread i see that many times you have changed the names on topics and deleted them. Well done especially the drug ones. I do the same

Just ignore Byke junior as he´s a twat insulting people all the time
+
Ivor stephé
post 30.Sep.2013, 02:02 PM
Post #6

IMHO doing it once is fair game on here, multiple times is not. If its my recent activity that got you going, I am unrepentant. The content there and presentation seemed off t ... (show full quote)

I wasn't and am not going to point fingers.
If we can edit or deface titles of posts made by others, why cant we do the same to their content?
Having the ability to deface another persons post by editing their title is ridiculous.

Not fully understood, but are you an old fart or a juvenile on here? Its one or the other judging from the time you have on your hands. Otherwise its the taking part that coun ... (show full quote)

Since signing up, all I have heard from a select few is that this forum is dead.
And all the good posters have gone.
But most of the time, the reason why its dead seems to be because of a select few old posters who chase off anyone they don't like with names and heckling. It contradicts each other.

The news page is full of stories which offer very little Swedish news as seen in the Swedish press.
And the discussion part of the site is ruled by a mob of old or semi retired people who don't want to see local news or many other subjects discussed.
+
Ivor stephé
post 30.Sep.2013, 02:05 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 30.Sep.2013, 01:57 PM) *
Going back to another thread i see that many times you have changed the names on topics and deleted them. Well done especially the drug ones. I do the sameJust ignore Byke jun ... (show full quote)

Double name calling this time?
No wonder this forum is dead.
+
Johno
post 30.Sep.2013, 02:11 PM
Post #8

f we can edit or deface titles of posts made by others, why cant we do the same to their content?

Why can't we do that to our own posts - change or delete after posting ? Ask The Local, its their forum, their rules. Like it or lump it.

No wonder this forum is dead.

Funny that you are one of the most prolific posters. Are your posts driving people away ? tongue.gif
+
Ivor stephé
post 30.Sep.2013, 02:25 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Johno @ 30.Sep.2013, 02:11 PM) *
Why can't we do that to our own posts - change or delete after posting ? Ask The Local, its their forum, their rules. Like it or lump it.

?
Thats why I have posted this on the forum titled FEEDBACK.
I am giving feedback to the The Local as its states.

Nobody's perfect - and we're always keen to hear readers' views and suggestions about The Local.

QUOTE (Johno @ 30.Sep.2013, 02:11 PM) *
Funny that you are one of the most prolific posters. Are your posts driving people away ? tongue.gif

Not unless this is a forum for tourettes sufferers, and by not calling people names all the time puts fellow sufferers off.
This thread is a prime example of what is wrong with this forum.
A suggestion is made and its met with nothing more than insults.

Its time for a clear out.
+
intrepidfox
post 30.Sep.2013, 02:54 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 30.Sep.2013, 02:25 PM) *
?Thats why I have posted this on the forum titled FEEDBACK.I am giving feedback to the The Local as its states.Not unless this is a forum for tourettes sufferers, and by not c ... (show full quote)

Since you have rejoined this forum (Byke) with more than 300 posts in 6 weeks (need i same more) all you have done is moan and groan. Grow up.
+
Ivor stephé
post 30.Sep.2013, 03:15 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 30.Sep.2013, 02:54 PM) *
Since you have rejoined this forum (Byke) with more than 300 posts in 6 weeks (need i same more) all you have done is moan and groan. Grow up.

This thread is a prime example of what is wrong with this forum.
A suggestion is made and its met with nothing more than insults.

We need to clear out this old person forum alliance.
As they do nothing for this forum, apart from calling names, falsify claims and look to add nothing to this forum apart from trying to expel anyone they don't agree with.

See post #5 onwards.

This thread is a prime example of this.
+
Johno
post 30.Sep.2013, 03:33 PM
Post #12

So its we go or you go ?
+
Model T Ford
post 30.Sep.2013, 03:46 PM
Post #13

I agree with the OP on this, whoever he is, and whatever he does.

I find posting on news articles a dead end for any real discussion - what has forced me to start several threads here since I have not been able to post there.

Makes for a more amorphous condition than necessary.
+
Ivor stephé
post 30.Sep.2013, 03:47 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Johno @ 30.Sep.2013, 03:33 PM) *
So its we go or you go ?

No.
I am giving feedback to The Local on what needs to be improved and showing what I believe is wrong.
This thread has only gone to reiterate my statement.
+
Johno
post 30.Sep.2013, 04:39 PM
Post #15

Gosh, such faith in one so young !
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: