The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

I'm feeling philosophical today!

Comments about a prejudice we all face, eventually

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Oct.2013, 09:38 PM
Post #1

We as people (humans?) go out of our way to find others we can identify with...We call them "our" people...everybody does it!!!

We are close knit and very protective about whom we allow to be "us".

All sorts of prejudice, bias and yes, at times hate, keep us apart from others that share this planet with us.

To name all the reasons of separation would take too much time here...we know what they are...and they are many.

The one prejudice we all share if we live long enough, is age discrimination...and if we do it, we depict ourselves as foolish...I mean why denigrate what...hopefully we/you will become???

I'm 74 my girlfriend is 77 and we got laid Monday...How's that??? We are as bright and shiny as we were long ago...Who's an old fart???

I know that's more than you needed to know, but we are alive!!!

I will leave this for those that practice age discrimination or denigration:...

Carved on a gravestone, Where?...When?...I don't know but it fits my rant!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

"As you are now...I once was...As I am now...You will be"

Old people made the world you live in today...without us you would not be here!!!

Think about it!!!

Wise up!!!

Ivor...it's on you for a decent reply...can you do it???
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 3.Oct.2013, 08:59 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 2.Oct.2013, 09:38 PM) *
I'm 74 my girlfriend is 77 and we got laid Monday...How's that??? We are as bright and shiny as we were long ago...Who's an old fart???I know that's more than ... (show full quote)

Spice up the site a little bit. Give us minute for minute details biggrin.gif
+
Hisingen
post 3.Oct.2013, 09:39 AM
Post #3

And the journalist who was interviewing the old man asked "Tell me Sir, since you are still able to perform twice, which, in your opinion is the best. The first or the second?"
After a few moments deliberation, the old man took his pipe from his mouth and said "I reckon it's the second. - - - The one in the autumn!" biggrin.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Oct.2013, 05:06 PM
Post #4

laugh.gif
+
Hisingen
post 3.Oct.2013, 05:53 PM
Post #5

Hi GH. Glad it appealed to you. I am afraid that I have reached 'winter' !

I see that stuffe steffe has not yet had the guts to reply to you.
I for an Eye has run amok on other threads doing his lawyer thing, something that some Swedes are VERY good at, others not so.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Oct.2013, 06:50 PM
Post #6

We all, at some time downed old people, me too...but when you realize what you are/were doing you see the folly of it.

One favorite adage of mine is:...Youth...too bad it is wasted on young people!!!

Another is by Mark Twain (S. Clemens), it is as follows;... When I was sixteen, I thought my father was the stupidest person in the world...By the time I reached twenty one, I was amazed by what he had learned in five years!!! rolleyes.gif
+
Svensksmith
post 3.Oct.2013, 07:30 PM
Post #7

I have often wondered if all the races intermingled to the point where there were no races, what we would find to separate ourselves.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Oct.2013, 07:34 PM
Post #8

About a zillion things...we are very complicated by what we call and accept as our own.

I can start it off by saying...I like porridge!!!...laugh.gif
+
Hisingen
post 4.Oct.2013, 08:27 AM
Post #9

And I like tripe and onions, and stuffed lamb's heart.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Oct.2013, 02:53 PM
Post #10

Just hoping nobody would be so daring as to declare that he/she prefers Manchester United over Liverpool...Now, that would be the start of a jolly good dust up!!! rolleyes.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: