The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
26 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »    Reply to this topic

'Gender-based' abortion is ruled legal

So decide the Swedish health authorities

*Grandma Death*
post 12.May.2009, 05:27 PM
Post #91

QUOTE (Miss Kitten @ 12.May.2009, 06:20 PM) *
Come on, people! We need those babies to be born. Well, at least the male babies. Who else is going to go off and fight in the various wars on this planet? We should let t ... (show full quote)

Unless they are black! We can't be goin' about gettin' anymore black presidents now, can we?
Go to the top of the page
+
MICKEY0601
post 12.May.2009, 05:27 PM
Post #92

If you abort a baby, you are nothing morre than a selfish baby killer. You place your feelings above the life of a child. If you do not want the child, then give it up or adoption. I am sure that if you have no problem killing someone, that you also wouldn't have a problem letting a loving family have that child to love.
+
Paulo +fab muscular than ...
post 12.May.2009, 05:28 PM
Post #93

QUOTE (Miss Kitten @ 12.May.2009, 06:20 PM) *
Come on, people! We need those babies to be born. Well, at least the male babies. Who else is going to go off and fight in the various wars on this planet? We should let t ... (show full quote)

Indeed. Isn't it ironic how these people claim authority to define when life starts? I am fully unaware about any case of a 12-week fetus(embryo) ever born from any scientific source. Comparing it to well developed general 9-month baby as being as much dependent of the mother as the embryo is ridiculous and plain ignorance.

I wish pro-life people would have more compassion and benevolence towards all our brothers and sisters. At the end of the day, aren't we all made EQUAL?
+
Puffin
post 12.May.2009, 05:29 PM
Post #94

QUOTE (MICKEY0601 @ 12.May.2009, 06:27 PM) *
If you abort a baby, you are nothing morre than a selfish baby killer. You place your feelings above the life of a child. If you do not want the child, then give it up or adop ... (show full quote)

Why should the woman be forced to risk her life?
+
Common Sense
post 12.May.2009, 05:30 PM
Post #95

Puffin, Those who star war, usually seek to take innocent life and take the spoils. So tell me, am I to just sit there and let a sick murderous thugs seek to have his way with my life, my wife, my children, my liberty and my property? I have the right to DEFEND my life, my children, my liberty and my property from such disgusting men.
+
Roger O. Thornhill
post 12.May.2009, 05:31 PM
Post #96

QUOTE (nlidukdese @ 12.May.2009, 06:22 PM) *
Perhaps one day your absolutist convictions can also help you to explain the US air raids in Afghanistan that killed some 100 innocent civilians last week.

Today is the day. Taliban killed the civilians and reported that the Americans did it for propaganda reasons.

There are many of who really want to believe the Americans did it, and that includes Obama and Hillary Clinton who immediately accepted the charge before the investigation was completed.
+
Puffin
post 12.May.2009, 05:32 PM
Post #97

QUOTE (Common Sense @ 12.May.2009, 06:26 PM) *
Puffin, I am not sure if you are responding to my post. But any nation without CIVILIZATION cannot endure. Look in your history books. Look at the ruins of former nations t ... (show full quote)

Well nature also devalues life since approx a third of pregancies abort themselve through spontaneous miscarriage before week 12.

Can you beleive in liberty and force someone to risk their life in childbirth
+
Common Sense
post 12.May.2009, 05:32 PM
Post #98

Puffin, this is discussing a woman who willfully got pregnant and willfully wants to end it. If the woman's life is at risk, then she and her spouse need to decide.
+
*American_Swede*
post 12.May.2009, 05:35 PM
Post #99

If this is what the gov't of Sweden believes then this is just one more step in the grave for what I used to think was a beautiful country. Life is not our choice, but it is our's to choose how to live. Focus on the good things and greet this day with love it your heart. If you don't fear what's coming then I suggest you read the first few chapters in the book of Romans, which was written around 1952 years ago. Can you find any similarities with today's culture??? Sweden get your ACT together!
+
Puffin
post 12.May.2009, 05:36 PM
Post #100

QUOTE (Common Sense @ 12.May.2009, 06:32 PM) *
Puffin, this is discussing a woman who willfully got pregnant and willfully wants to end it. If the woman's life is at risk, then she and her spouse need to decide.

But what do you mean by willful??? - according to my dictionary wilful means intentional/deliberate - but obviously this is not the case if they did not mean to create a child or it was an accident/contraception failure.

A woman's life is always more at risk by going ahead with childbirth rather than having an early termination
+
MICKEY0601
post 12.May.2009, 05:37 PM
Post #101

puffin, what percentage of women's health is at risk. less that 1%? You are trying to use the most extreme case to make a point. what are you, a politician. These women are killing there babies out of convenience, and nothing more. If there is a real danger of physical harm to the mother, then I would let her make the decision. Other than that, have the child and then give it away.
+
Puffin
post 12.May.2009, 05:39 PM
Post #102

QUOTE (American_Swede @ 12.May.2009, 06:35 PM) *
If this is what the gov't of Sweden believes then this is just one more step in the grave for what I used to think was a beautiful country. Life is not our choice, but it ... (show full quote)

This is hardly a new thing - this has been the law in Sweden since 1975 rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
+
ericdb
post 12.May.2009, 05:40 PM
Post #103

This is the enevitable first step towards designer babies.
We should also consider the biologial ramifications of this issue. Lets say in ten years the male to female ratio drops to 60:40, or vice versa, and the natural evolutionary balance of primates is skewed. I could write a list of possibilities, but you can draw your own conclusions.
I personally believe that with the emerging sonogram technology, and that we can now see babies laughing and showing emotion in the second trimester, that it is only amount of time before abortions become more tightly regulated. How about a biological borderline? No abortions after the development of the nervous system (approximately 12 weeks), unless their are mitigating circumstances (such as a young girl that was raped and didn't want tot tell her pareents, etc.).
+
MICKEY0601
post 12.May.2009, 05:40 PM
Post #104

listen to puffin the lawyer. This is not a legal argument. You are just making excuses trying to validate your opinion. The fact is most abortions are done because the women don't want to be bothered with a baby. Everyone with half a brain will tell you that you are killing a baby. That makes it murder.
+
ericdb
post 12.May.2009, 05:41 PM
Post #105

We need to abandon these polarized viewpoints that have no real meaning (like life begins at conception, or I have the right to kill until it breaths air). These beliefs are not founded on anything and need to be revised.
+

26 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: