The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

English News paper for Stockholm

*Edge_wlkr*
post 8.Sep.2005, 11:25 AM
Post #1

Being the capital of Sweden, shouldn't the city have an english daily? If there were such a newspaper, it would make the new people coming to the city feel closer to what is happening here. people would learn so much more about the swedish culture. It would benefit the local people in giving them an oppurtunity to learn better english.

What do you think?
Go to the top of the page
+
*Wilding*
post 8.Sep.2005, 12:00 PM
Post #2

Urm...there is one, and your reading it. I suppose you mean in paper format and focusing entirely on Stockholm? Would be good, but I guess that requires major funding. Come on The Local - what about a print edition?
+
Shaun
post 15.Sep.2005, 09:16 PM
Post #3

A print edition would be fantastic of course. I am personally looking forward to the day I can read Swedish newspapers, but I can't see why we cannot have an English Sheet. I would buy it. Other countries have similar things.
+
*Kell*
post 26.Nov.2005, 01:02 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Garry)
Being the capital of Sweden, shouldn't the city have an english daily? If there were such a newspaper, it would make the new people coming to the city feel closer to what is happening here. people would learn so much more about the swedish culture. It would benefit the local people in giving them an oppurtunity to learn better english.

What do you think?

A printed or weekly english daily would be a good idea. Perhaps the focus should be on the whole of Sweden or The Nordic region instead of just on the capital. There is a monthly magazine called the Swedish Bulletin (used to be the Stockholm Bulletin) but it quite light and not too detailed.
+
Citrus
post 26.Nov.2005, 01:04 PM
Post #5

then we wouldn't have THIS great site to frequent.
+
Nuname
post 26.Nov.2005, 01:54 PM
Post #6

I was thinking similar. Maybe Metro could have an English page with English news? I'm sure the advertising revenue would be good.
+
Citrus
post 26.Nov.2005, 02:04 PM
Post #7

haha these days there'll be more of chance of publishing Metro in arabic than in english
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: