The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5   Reply to this topic

My Story and My advice for Job hunting

Hope this helps.

Christof
post 5.Oct.2015, 12:42 PM
Post #61

QUOTE (kaysweet @ 24.Sep.2015, 11:52 AM) *
@ Christof, i guess we are in same boat. I doubt if you can find english course in that but anyway, am open about it in case you come across anything in that line. A friend of ... (show full quote)

Ok, since I wrote my comment I have not only found a suitable course but also completed it. I did my FLT license this last weekend in Gothenburg. The course I did was in Swedish but they allowed me to bring someone along to translate! They were impressed that I brought a translator as they said some people just turn up without a thought for this and without speaking any Swedish (this makes life difficult for them). It's a 2-day course. Day 1 is all theory with a 25 multiple choice test at the end where the pass mark is 20. My girlfriend came along and translated the major points, you can make notes and use the notes in the test. It's basically just all health & safety procedure. If you fail the test you will get another shot. I got 24 easily (translator can even sit the test with you). It's pretty impossible to fail, just have to have a willing friend who will give up their Saturday day for you. The 2nd day is just a day of driving trucks. There were 4 trucks, and we were split into groups of 4. Your group spends an hour on one truck then moves to the next. It's very simple. I brought my girlfriend along both days but this wasn't necessary for the 2nd day. I had very minimal previous experience of driving forks and was worried that maybe my ability level wan't high enough but I was definitely one of the better ones there, most had zero experince (and zero common sense too in some cases!). I'm sure anyone here who wants to get this license, male or female, need not worry. There were 16 people on the course, 2 of which were female.

The qualification is Truck Kort A + B and costs 2750kr. Here is the link http://www.truckutbildarna.se/

Hopefully this will open up some doors!
Go to the top of the page
+
crvivanco
post 16.May.2018, 12:02 PM
Post #62

QUOTE (Christof @ 5.Oct.2015, 12:42 PM) *
Ok, since I wrote my comment I have not only found a suitable course but also completed it. I did my FLT license this last weekend in Gothenburg. The course I did was in Swedi ... (show full quote)

Thanks for sharing. I have just called that company and told me the same. How was finding a job after you got the license?

Thank you
Go to the top of the page
+

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: