The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Moving to Eskilstuna

Info and advice for newcomers

David S
post 4.Jun.2011, 10:41 AM
Post #16

Bumping an old thread. As mentioned elsewhere we're looking at moving out of stockholm and have found a house we like just outside Eskilstuna.

Any locallers care to spill the beans on the place? Looks like a nice town so far
Go to the top of the page
+
Yocoair
post 4.Jun.2011, 11:34 AM
Post #17

Eskilstuna is lovely, there are plenty of shops/supermarkets, the area is really nice and quiet, been there a few times when I was house hunting and got a house close by

It also has a good train connection to Stockholm, should you need to commute...
+
*Hinda*
post 14.Mar.2012, 08:15 PM
Post #18

Hi,

I am moving from Canada to Sweden (Ostermalm) this April. Very excited!! smile.gif

I have this link to share with you (http://www.sweden.se/eng/Home/Lifestyle/Reading/20-things-to-know-before-moving-to-Sweden/). I am hoping to read more about the Swedes and the Swedish culture.

Not sure how lucky I will be when start searching for a job (currently I work in a Mobile company here in Canada as a Transmission Engineer). Good English and no Swedish! sad.gif

We'll see how it goes. Best of luck for everyone!
+
Ambre
post 14.Mar.2012, 08:55 PM
Post #19

Link might have come in handy in June since the thread goes back 9 months wink.gif

FYI, no Swedish means very very veryyyyyyyy little chance for you to get a job, knowing Swedish is very important to find work but best of luck for the move and the job hunting smile.gif
+
denisacorpodean
post 23.Sep.2017, 03:54 PM
Post #20

Hej people!!

I am also new in Eskilstuna and I would really much appreciate if you could please tell me how did you find a job?? I am struggling as hell here! Help! sad.gif I am also trying to find groups or any kind of English speakers ! Help!! sad.gif
+
mark jennings
post 23.Sep.2017, 09:53 PM
Post #21

Hi Denis, you will struggle for a job, I was very lucky to get a shit one after months
of emailing companies and even just turning up and asking for the HR department, after
about 7 months I got made redundant and started a business of my own and struggled with
that for a few years. Now I work in the Uk and come back every few weeks which is
perfect - I had had enough of the endless frustrating search for meaningful work.
The best advice is found on here and repeated many times, you need to learn the
language and get in the system - there is no short cut or perfect easy way in.
Be prepared for a frustrating time and lots of hassle !
Oh, and winter is just round the corner and then everything is dead !
Let me know if you are up for a beer sometime, I live not too far away.
+
carinamclane
post 25.Sep.2017, 11:03 AM
Post #22

QUOTE (denisacorpodean @ 23.Sep.2017, 04:54 PM) *
Hej people!! I am also new in Eskilstuna and I would really much appreciate if you could please tell me how did you find a job?? I am struggling as hell here! Help ... (show full quote)

Hej Denisa,

What type of job are you looking for?
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: